The little things that you find ANNOYING IN GT SPORT.

WARNING: LONG POST IS LONG

Background:
  • A 3-minute total freeze while the game loads my notifications upon startup
  • The game still showing completely irrelevant notifications from several months ago
  • The music (I think we can all agree this is by far the worst soundtrack of any GT, almost nothing I like)
Garage:
  • Having to go into the garage to apply a livery
  • Can't sort liveries by car - forced chronological sorting
  • Only three backdrops to choose from
Livery Editor:
  • The completely arbitrary restrictions for certain rims (damn that Nova)
  • Default decals that don't allow you to recolour them, ESPECIALLY if they're a single colour
  • Ungroupable decals, have to manually duplicate everything
  • No way to store colour codes (I've got around this by saving the livery with the co-ordinates until I upload it)
  • Unmodifiable window banners
  • Inability to make decals with special colours; you have to paint the car entirely in that special colour and then decal the "body" around it
  • Bleedthrough of decals that can't even be fixed with depth/angle adjustments
  • Parts of the car where the livery just stops, such as the mudflaps and small trim pieces
  • Suits/helmets can only be coloured, no decals and no unique designs
  • Can't re-use liveries for cars that share the same body - someone PLEASE tell me the irreconciliable differences between the FT-1 VGT and Gr.3
Discover:
  • Deleted content never disappears, seems to be there forever
  • Sambanime monstrosities
  • Features on the website being added into the game much later (older content should have been in there from the start)
  • And while we're at it, the stupid way in which they organize liveries; you shouldn't have to comb back through months of backlog
  • Untagged items that are literally impossible to find unless you follow the creator's profile
  • Three tag limit (also applicable to the Livery Editor and Share modes, I get spam is a thing but maybe limit us to 5 tags at least)
  • Needing to sort by country before filling any other parameters (come on PD, there aren't THAT many different marques at this point in time)
Campaign:
  • Inconsistent prize money for the time/distance put in
  • No indication of whether or not your race is clean - if I screw up on Lap 2 in a 10 lap race I'd rather restart than lose my bonus instead of wondering
  • That one race in the driving missions which is a full-on endurance harder than 90% of the campaign, including the missions after it
  • As of V1.17, still only one race for the Gr.1 cars (and the fact the Porsche Cup had just one race upon its introduction)
  • The fact you get a prize car for doing a 20 second lap at NIS in Circuit Experience but not for winning every race in a championship
Sport Mode:
  • Qualifying that doesn't let you finish your current lap when the race is due to start (Nordschleife I can understand, BB Raceway I don't)
  • Warm-up time of only a minute, 9 times out of 10 barely enough to get out of the pits
  • People who leave the stock livery on race cars (I have more respect for people who paint their car with chrome camo and ill-fitting decals)
  • The "bounce back" you get upon contact
  • A rush to get out of the race otherwise you'll need to wait 15 minutes for the next one (seriously PD, just have 4 races at 5 minute intervals each)
  • A rolling start where cars behind you start the race ever so slightly faster so everyone has to check their behinds going into T1
  • The ludicrous achievements associated with that mode, whoever thought "clean races" have to be consecutive should be shot
General/Other:
  • The distance to the lead car being unreliable for the first half a lap or so - just give me a straight answer instead of adding 2 seconds every second!
  • Mileage exchange updates not filling up all the slots (like they've been doing with paints for quite a while now)
  • Mileage exchange items always on "offer"
  • Inconsistent default cockpit camera height - compare the Mazda Roadster to the E30 M3, you gain around a foot between those two cars alone
  • Literally zero purpose for the Intermediate tyres to so much as exist (though hopefully this may no longer be the case with the next update)
  • Lobbies are a pure guessing game as to whether or not you'll make it in time to participate, should really display a timer
  • People on drift servers who can't drift, especially if they have an actual drift car (I use a Countach so go figure)

No automatic start timer when hosting lobbies
Argh yes! And when the host starts, you cannot enter if you're not already entered. So many times I'm afraid of tuning my car even for a second else I'd be left out.

GT6 had it right giving you plenty of warning of countdown timers. Did they purposefully gimp lobby racing to encourage Sport mode?

Many of these are pretty minor I admit but here goes...

CARS
- The Toyota TS050-HYBRID, which we have in low-drag Le Mans aero spec, has 6 gears in GTS. In reality the low-drag aero is always used with the 7 speed gearbox.

LIVERY EDITOR
- Not being able to save custom colours.
- Not being able to paint decals in special colours.
- Downloaded decals being randomly organised in my Collection folder instead of chronologically. It is not possible to add everything to a Favourites folder.
- Having to move or duplicate layers individually. There should be a group option.
- Cars with body coloured panels on the interior, such as the 2017 Alpine A110, keep the original colour after the exterior colour has changed. Looks silly.

UI
- Not being able to press the track-pad and return to the home screen. The UI can be very multi-layered and the shortcut option in the corner is not always present.
- In Scapes, which I love, I would like to display just those that do not require the download pack.

SOUND
- The huge backward step with the sound of the diesels. In GT6 they were very good but now they are absolutely horrendous and bear no resemblance to the real thing.
- No option to have a custom list for BGM. There are some crap and very annoying songs. When they come on I mute my tv.

GAMEPLAY
- The insultingly poor AI in GT League and Custom Races. It isn't fun to race against cars that can brake for a 'corner' that is over 3°.
- The inability to have proper multi-class races like PCars2.

The Beetle Gr.3 , it looks annoying , it sounds annoying , the people who drive it are annoying , when you get passed by it is annoying , and when you know that the people who use it know it's annoying it's annoying !
So what are you trying to say?!
:P

Last edited:
One simple thing that would massively help the UI flow is the ability to select the next event when in GT League races. You can do it in the training missions so why not the races themselves?

Can't 'group car's body parts'. For basic Viper stripes you need 4 or 8 layers... Front, bonnet, roof & rear. Then line up and scale each one perfectly and then duplicate to reverse.

Unable to use layer as a 'erase tool'.

When you join a track day lobby but the elitist host has turned all aids off. Not everyone is an elite driver so there's no need to punish everyone else for a damn track day.

Just hit the info button before join a room :)
If you dont agree with the settings dont join, it is soo easy!

People who join a room and say change this, change that, turn on this, turn off that, are annoying :)

How the Lotusalike F1 car (and many others) "drives" with the games exponential throttle and peculiar physics. Truly horrible and an insult to the car on which it is based.

Competitors constantly being dumped in to autodrive from rolling starts or being unable to move from standing starts or not being able to even "see" other competitors on track.

I'm absolutely sick of the crap PS4 internet connection - I spend half my life watching "Online Save" "Loading" or "Please Wait". I have to reload the game so often I'm seriously considering chucking the whole shebang out the window.

PD should have given us the option to turn off that stupid auto save. It is constantly coming up on mine every time I switch menus. With every update it seems to get worse.

Not being able to update a shared livery. OK, it's no big deal for me to re-upload it but then the old one is left hanging in there - and if I delete it, which again is no big deal for me, it kind of sucks for people who have added it to their collection because then it's gone.

Biggest pain - not being able to sell duplicate cars. What do I need with multiples?
The gearbox whine is still too loud.
Painting cars is more difficult than it needs to be. Why do I have to save the livery just to paint the car a different color. GT6 was very simple and easy.

Hud customization, this one really irks me.

I don't want a driver list, track map, lap info, etc cluttering the top half of the screen. I would rather turn them off like I do in every other racing game I play but the only way I can do that in GTS is by turning off everything, so I lose the things I actually want like the tach, tire wear indicator, fuel gauge, etc.

Give the option to turn every individual thing on or off, and also let us place those things where we want on the screen.

The fact that the power and torque curves are displayed in a unmarked grid. If I want to know exactly where the engine produces peak torque and power I have to exit the session I'm in, in order to visit my garage.

How hard can it be to show peak torque/power figures with their respective rpm values in the car settings, or better yet, use a properly marked grid for displaying the curves. SMH.

The fact that every car is set up to push like crazy due to the atrocious alignment settings, toe in particular. .6 rear toe in on a nose heavy FF. Really?

The atrocious stock LSD settings.

If this game would have all the tracks from previous games we all would sit all day long playing this game non stop.

What this game lacks to become really perfect is in my opinion:
- realtime day night cycle
- realtime weather changes
- 360 right stick view around the cars
- most tracks from previous games
- more cars
- real car parts customization

• The music (I think we can all agree this is by far the worst soundtrack of any GT, almost nothing I like)

Turning on "Transmission Mode" in the sound options basically turns on the GT5/GT6 soundtrack. I haven't checked to see if it's the entire soundtrack but it's a decent selection.

Turning on "Transmission Mode" in the sound options basically turns on the GT5/GT6 soundtrack. I haven't checked to see if it's the entire soundtrack but it's a decent selection.

Great post, thanks for the info. Music selection is much better.

Back