The little things that you find ANNOYING IN GT SPORT.

Cockpit view: Turning off all Display and getting not feedback as to what my race car lap times or car is doing. Pretty much the lack of an "engineer". Sure, I'm the driver and can sense when my tyres are worn or if I sustain heavy gamage. However, there's no indication if I'm burning too much fuel or if I should conserve.
Hence, lack of a race engineer.

When using a road car, this is fine. With no info display, can't use the down button to look back. I can use the fuel gauge. Also, most road car owners won't have access to a human data engineer.

I mainly use cockpit view. So, it gets annoying having to always use full display.

Create Lobby - redirected back to the lobby list. Create Lobby again, redirected again. Close online, open online, create lobby, redirected again. Close GT Sport, Burn house, go amok, open GT Sport, go online, create lobby ... done.

And the "connection established" message on each button you pres... :/

Another thing that's inconsistent more than annoying to me but, when you're in MyLibrary viewing your liveries there are little icons to indicate which ones you've shared. But if your viewing your Scapes/race photos there are no corresponding icons. A little annoying. Also, IMO the menus are a mess and the home screen is too cluttered. Also I wish the car selection screen for cars in our garage was more like the showroom/arcade whereby they are full size models you swipe left/right to select. Looking at little icon representations is annoying.

Another thing that's inconsistent more than annoying to me but, when you're in MyLibrary viewing your liveries there are little icons to indicate which ones you've shared. But if your viewing your Scapes/race photos there are no corresponding icons. A little annoying. Also, IMO the menus are a mess and the home screen is too cluttered. Also I wish the car selection screen for cars in our garage was more like the showroom/arcade whereby they are full size models you swipe left/right to select. Looking at little icon representations is annoying.
Especially switching liveries in your garage. Yes, I can just go to Livery Editor and view them, but would be better to view them full size, as I click on them.

Especially switching liveries in your garage. Yes, I can just go to Livery Editor and view them, but would be better to view them full size, as I click on them.

Liveries should be like colors, and yes it might take a second or two to load depending on how complex they are but it really should be like that.
It seems like there's two competing ways to get to everything and it seems like one's obvious like the car showroom and one's just bad like the Garage. We're just the test subjects

It's annoying that we don't have the option to put tires with decals on all of the cars. The Gr.4 cars should have them, at least. Race tires, regardless of what category of car, should also get the decal treatment. It just looks....racier. LOL

Not a complaint. Just curiosity.

Q: Why are credit and mileage points capped at such weird totals? $20, 000, 000 and 99,999.

Like why does one end in 0 and the other 9. All mileage items end in 0. Some credit purchases end in odd numbers. ie Toyota 86, ends in 23 or something random.

And what the hell is "on sale" in the mileage color section. Oldest trick in the book. What's the regular price? :lol:

And what the hell is "on sale" in the mileage color section. Oldest trick in the book. What's the regular price? :lol:

Every paint chip I've seen is 500cr except the one each week for 1000cr 'on sale'. I've only had the game for just over a month so have not seen them all. Maybe there are more expensive ones but they haven't come up for me yet.

Also, apparently there are approx. 500 chips so once you have them all you need to scroll right 500 times to get to the color you want which is inevitably the second last one. A better way to access/sort them would be appreciated

I find it annoying that if you are racing in a lobby that is configured for "fastest first" but you are in the pit when the race is started, your time doesn't count and you start in the back.

Usually when I am running a lobby I like to start the race from the pit where I can more easily see if everyone in the lobby has entered. To overcome this you have to enter the track and drive beyond the first sector then your fastest time will register again. Nonsense.

Catch the Rabbit career mode: Ever since GT5P, every GT game uses this extremely odd style of rolling starts with cars extremely far apart and the leader about 20-30 seconds ahead. Rather than proper racing it's a matter of having to go 3-5 seconds per lap faster than the guy in first place to win the race, which is absolutely ridiculous. It's not an AI problem since when you pass the lead cars they often stick with you or at least don't fall back at the rate you were catching them. Just awful offline "racing" that doesn't remotely feel like any form of competition.

Lack of Discover advanced search functions: Particularly the lack of sorting by amount of likes or views or something. I only really search for liveries so for example, you search for liveries for a specific car and it lists the newest ones made from a certain period and you can choose to see older ones from previous periods, I believe from each day (and only able to go back one day at a time). Why the hell can't we order by the amount of likes to list the most popular designs first? Again, absolutely ridiculous.

20 million credit cars: As if it's not hard enough to earn lots of credits, they seriously have to charge 20 mil for the classic Le Mans Ferrari and Jaguar? I mean, they're nice cars to drive but they're not worth that price. I think I've only earned around 6 million credits so far in GTS which is nowhere close to being able to buy one. Should be 4-5 million max and even then that's quite high. Preferably it'd be nice if they were around 2m each imo.

Pause Menu shifting bug: If you pause the game during a race and then press X to unpause (since you can't press Start or circle iirc), the game unpauses but your car shifts up a gear, assuming you're using manual. Really annoying that this hasn't been fixed yet after so many updates, especially when it was never a problem in previous GT games.

Liveries should be like colors, and yes it might take a second or two to load depending on how complex they are but it really should be like that.
It seems like there's two competing ways to get to everything and it seems like one's obvious like the car showroom and one's just bad like the Garage. We're just the test subjects
Right. Does seem weird to have the two modes. However PD programmed it, LE, in essence, should be in the Garage.

On the topic of switching liveries, I don't like the fact that you can't change them whilst in the car selection screen before a race.
This too. In Custom Race, a player can practically stay in that mode all day. Yet, we can't change liveries or lap count/time.

I remember reading something along the lines about Kaz saying he wanted everything on the front screen and not burying things in menus like previous GT games. But I mean, you got choices across the top, left and bottom of the screen not to mention the GT logo in the corner. It took a good month to figure out where I need to go to find things. Photo/livery management is particularly annoying.

Who decided that in Discover search mode it will only show stuff for the last 12 hours. Then you need to click on "older content" repeatedly to see all of it - GTS has been out 6 months now, what about after 6 years :crazy:. That person should be fired. Actually, the entire team in charge of menus should be. I wasn't even in the game but on my PC when I figured that out. I thought it was weird there were no Ferrari liveries.:rolleyes:

I'd expect them to need to work on the new features, but menus were sorted out by GT3

I just completed the campaign and now i am stuck in the credit roll. I cant seem to skip it and its getting quite annoying. Looks like i am gonna have to restart the game..

Not sure if this has been mentioned already but what annoys me is the colour chips.
When I download a livery or when I see others using them on like the menu before you race
And it shows them as the standard colours rather than what the livery actually is

Like for example I downloaded a bright yellow Porsche livery but the chip says it’s still standard colours that bugs me a fair bit

My attempt at Gran Turismo humor....

The problem is every car I get into looks different and feels different but they all have the same bad smell. Why won't they fix this?

Like for example I downloaded a bright yellow Porsche livery but the chip says it’s still standard colours that bugs me a fair bit

Not positive, but the chip(s) can be changed when the livery is made. Not much you can do as the original color is considered as a base livery. So this would be on the creator of the livery to switch and not on GT itself. But I get its annoying to get a red car with a white chip.

Not positive, but the chip(s) can be changed when the livery is made. Not much you can do as the original color is considered as a base livery. So this would be on the creator of the livery to switch and not on GT itself. But I get its annoying to get a red car with a white chip.

Yeah I know I always change the chips when I make a livery just wish everyone else did aha seeing like your rivals are meant to be in a standard Porsche when they are actually in a bright blue machine aha

The suggested gear indicator on the HUD which starts flashing when it reckons you should start thinking about braking for a corner. They had it for the first few months of GT6 and then made it an option to remove it, but its back and I don't think you can remove it now without losing loads of other stuff from the HUD. Really hard to ignore it and drive to regular braking points/visual cues on track. Really annoying.

(e28 M5?)
You forgot to mention it always suggests a gear lower than the one you actually need. Lol
Ive always ignored it

the HUD options were better in GT6. your could pretty much pick what you wanted to display. Now its a choice between cluttered and less cluttered. I personally like just the lap# and position displayed if anything.

An average start and finish stat would be nice too
Another thing I find a bit frustrating is no stats for podiums
Like you win or lose which can be demoralising when you can only get to second or third in a race and feel like there is no stat or record to go for with those
Hello you can see these stats at Jason's site
Although, it will only register your races after you registered to his site. It's also quite volatile right now with a lot of downtime and updates late, but something's just going on and I hope you'd understand :)

Latest Posts

Back