What car did u start off with

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 1' started by Zero, Oct 7, 2001.

1. Zero

Zero

I started with the used GTO Twin Turbo, it started with lots of hp and is 4wd!

When i first bought the game I used the 94 Supra but then I realized you could buy a GTO Twin Turbo!

2. Concept

Concept (Banned)

I started with a used car. Thats a factor missed in GT3. nice little 8,000 dollor car will get you a long way once suped up.

3. Zero

Zero

My Supra was only $4,320!

4. Concept

Concept (Banned)

dang. I paid 8,000 for mine!:eek:

5. Zero

Zero

That means you bought the better one, i just bought the cheaper one so i could mod it more.

On certain days a GTO Twin Turbo is under 10g's

6. Concept

Concept (Banned)

i got mine up to 930 hp. did you get any higher?

7. Zero

Zero

My R33 has over that i think its 941hp but the max i got out of a GTO was 930!

8. Concept

Concept (Banned)

yeah same here. Did you ever race with the concept car in GT1? That thing was slow but its acceleration kicked booty!!

9. Talentless

Talentless Staff Emeritus

I don't remember. Front drive car, I think.

10. Zero

Zero

What are u talking bout that car was awesome!

11. Zero

Zero

Shame, u should have used either a GTO Twin Turbo or anyother car except for a front wheel drive car!

12. Concept

Concept (Banned)

yeah, 4WD will get you throught most of the game. Cutting through grass is fun in 4WD!

13. Talentless

Talentless Staff Emeritus

the fto is a good beginner car.

14. Concept

Concept (Banned)

I still say you should have bought a used GTO TWIN TURBO.

15. ASenna94

ASenna94

I bought a Honda Prelude!

16. AndyConnolly

AndyConnolly

First time I ever played the game I bought a Nissan Primera (95 model I think) because my friends dad had just bought a 2.0 model in Real Life, and it kicked ass. In GT it was a little disturbing how bad it was. First time I seriously played the game I bought a little Honda CRX del sol. FF, easily tuned, and handled really well once you dropped it.

17. AndyConnolly

AndyConnolly

I never realised you could get a GTO Twin Turbo for the opening 10,000 credits. Damn :eek: :mad: :eek:

18. LoudMusic

LoudMusic

I'm going to have to borrow GT1 and GT2 from a friend so I can 're-live' those days. I totally dig the used cars, it makes the game so much more fun. The Skyline was still one of the best (:

~LoudMusic

19. my first car in gt1 was a MA70 Supra (black). FR car that handles fairly decent. my first car in gt2 was a '91 Civic CRX Si (red), similar to my real car, '90 Civic CRX HF (black).

20. maverick_296

maverick_296

1990 mazda rx-7 infini III (red)

man it was sweet, bought the exact same car to start gt2 as well. never let me down. i recommend it to anyone

21. Pupik

Pupik Staff Emeritus

I chose the exact same one. I think it topped out at 420hp, whereas the the GT2 version maxed out at ~390(?).

22. Acid X

Acid X

Man, its been so long... i cant even remember..

Sorry. :(

23. haha

haha

I played through that game soooooo many times. The first time through, I bought the 93 Civic Si(168) hp. This was my first simulation game and the Honda was easy to drive, quick and somewhat highly upgradeable. I have fond memories of that car. But like I said, I restarted this game several times after finishing it. Later I used the fto, the supra, the mirage, and maybe some other different ones.... it's been awhile. I always liked to start the game with a different starter car... this way I didn't repeat myself. Never did cotton to the gto.... too heavy to handle well, but lots of horsepower to go with the 4wd. Thanks for the memories ZC.

24. Dudebusta

Dudebusta

Yeah 391hp maxed out in GT2. My first car in both GT1 and GT2.

25. Shannon

Shannon

I started with a used, black :honda: prelude. It was good for the first few races, then I bought a :toyota: Supra RZ, then a :mitsu: GTO Twin Turbo

26. Dudebusta

Dudebusta

Funny thing about GT1, when you braked and turned the car flung out. That was gay as a muthafocker.

27. JoniK

JoniK

Usually I've started with the MA70 Supra. It's so easy with it.

28. The_Masaru05

The_Masaru05

I started with a British Racing Green Mazda Eunos Roadster with the tan convertible top.

29. [R]viper

[R]viper

My first was Silvia Q's 1800cc. I like this car... dunno why...

30. psonefreak

psonefreak

I started with the 94 prelude vtec... it was good... still is good..