What car has left you pleasantly surprised?

• Thread starter DC2_Evan
  • 85 comments
PD always had produced some wonderfull FR and MR cars , those are the kind of cars that the GT physics stick the best. There are some 10 cars i really love to drive in GTS

This time i would like to honor some drivetrain that PD never nailed in the precedents games.

4WD
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II (R32) 1994 (N300)
Volkswagen GTI Supersport Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.X)
Mini Clubman Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.X)

FF
Renault sport Megane RS Trophy 2011 (N300)

Last edited:
I am unpleasantly surprised that PD made both of the 650S's so slow and kept them that way. 👎

Yes, such a waste, never see a Mclaren in either Gr4 or Gr3 in Dailies.

I'd love to use it but racing for last position doesn't get me going.

I gave it a few test laps the other day. I need to spend some more time in it. At least the Gr.3 car. Maybe one day I'll enjoy "road" cars in GTS :lol:

The RS01 road car is pretty much the same as the Gr3 car, since IRL, the car is a track only special (ala FXX, Vulcan). This car was one of the pleasant surprises for me, too. The MR handling keeps you on your toes, but nailing it is extremely satisfying. Great engine note, too. It's story is equally interesting. It's practically a mid-engined GT-R, which is why my RS01 livery is full of NISMO decals. Plus, it looks fantastic (designed by a Japanese Nissan designer), hardly anyone uses it, so you'll stand out on track. Just watch your throttle inputs, don't be too ham-fisted with the steering, and it's rally fun to drive.

I was very surprised by the Hyundai Genesis gr3. Tried it on a buddies console and won the first daily race I tried. Not the most powerful but very nimble and stable.

The Mazda 6 Group 3 road car. I was expecting it to be crap given its pedestrian roots but what it lacks in power, it kinda makes up everywhere else.

The little turbo 2.5 four does good work. $2,500 mileage points well spent.

Its also good at N500/600 pulling dual duty.

The Mazda 6 Group 3 road car. I was expecting it to be crap given its pedestrian roots but what it lacks in power, it kinda makes up everywhere else.

The little turbo 2.5 four does good work. $2,500 mileage points well spent.

Its also good at N500/600 pulling dual duty.

I used to own a Mazda 626. Loved that car. I really should spend some time driving them in the game.

Mr2 and gt86 gr4

+1 for the GT86 Gr. 4. Got some good races out of it yesterday because I wanted to show off my blue "Subaru Brz" livery for it....haha. Was really surprised how well I did with it - so stable and was pulling in Meganes on maggiore like it was nothing.

Toyota SF-R Racing Concept this little thingy is the best car i drove in the game ! so responcive grippy etc i was in a legit shock when i drove it around brands hatch in a daily race months back mostly because given its road car brother you can't expect much but actually this car could rival the megane trophy if it was in GR.4 instead of N400 (Which btw is complete 🤬)

Toyota SF-R Racing Concept this little thingy is the best car i drove in the game ! so responcive grippy etc i was in a legit shock when i drove it around brands hatch in a daily race months back mostly because given its road car brother you can't expect much but actually this car could rival the megane trophy if it was in GR.4 instead of N400 (Which btw is complete 🤬)

I wish there was 2nd Toyota team. SF-R Gr.4/Supra Gr.3.

The DeTomaso Pantera surprises me in a big way, as during a DotW round featuring the Italian Classics is the first time I've driven a Pantera in any racing game, and the car grips really nicely, for something built in 1971! The downside however compared to the other two in that DotW is its lack of power.

The Lancer Evo IV GSR 1996. It doesn't seem to suffer from any of the tyre model problems that other cars in GTS do, especially the RWD BMW M4 & 458 Italia. It has enough grip on it's default set up with S1/S1 tyres, is not understeery, but will let go in the rear end in out of tighter corners. All in all the thing is a joy to fling about on Suzuka...

:D

VBR
The Lancer Evo IV GSR 1996. It doesn't seem to suffer from any of the tyre model problems that other cars in GTS do, especially the RWD BMW M4 & 458 Italia. It has enough grip on it's default set up with S1/S1 tyres, is not understeery, but will let go in the rear end in out of tighter corners. All in all the thing is a joy to fling about on Suzuka...

:D

Interesting. I felt the stock settings made the the Evo IV to understeer. I adjusted YAW settings a bit. I think I set it to be around 70-80 and i believe i shaved 1-1.5 sec off of my best lap time around Tsukuba.

Back