What car or make is the most blatantly ignored thing in GT6/Franchise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
Indiana
zerosnake99
NOTE! THIS IS NOT A SUGGESTION THREAD.

I thought about making this because I was playing GT6 yesterday. My wife recently bought a new Hyundai and I thought (how cool would it be if it was in GT!). Well it wasn't. Not a single car from Hyundai is.

I'm absolutely boggled as to why there is no Hyundai car in GT. I know it sounds silly, but Korean cars are seriously under represented. These aren't new companies. Sure they've only become popular recently, but it's just crazy to me.

There are Hyundai racing cars. Rhys Millen Racing uses Hyundais. Velosters, Genesis, the Genesis engine in his Pike's Peak Hill Climb vehicle that was made. Their latest Sonata has a "sports" model. It's nothing to brag about, but tossing this low end cars around tracks are a blast!

Anyway, what blatant absences are there in GT6 that you think should be in?

Oh, and try to keep away from the typical answers. =P. We all know GT has a lot missing in terms of newer cars. Lol.

I'm about 100% sure the Hyundai Genesis is in the game
Ronda_13.jpg

Anyways, this isn't a worthy thread because-
1. You have no idea what you're talking about...
2. There's already like 1936383 wishlists for GT6/GT7

No, it's not a wish list. If it was a wish list. I woulda thrown up a Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette on there. But that doesn't meet the requirement of something being "blatantly ignored". Hyundai fits because its a WHOLE CAR BRAND missing from the franchise. I'm just asking to see if anyone else has come across a similar situation where they tried to find a car that "should" be on the list, but isn't.

Bricklin... :( :lol:
Considering GT is filled with some really terrible cars, I guess I can see how that redheaded stepchild was ignored. Lol. :lol:

Hyundai was in GT4 & 5 (not many Hyundai cars though) and is in GT6 as well.
Beyond that, I can't really participate in this thread without being blatantly biased, so I'll abstain.
Oh wow, I didn't even realize there was one. (Genesis 13 coupe). Not sure how I missed it. Didn't know Hyundai was in 4 or 5 though. I probably should have checked before making this thread. Oops. lol.

Though, in my defense, GT6 was my first game where I really tried to buy over 100 cars...

Considering GT is filled with some really terrible cars, I guess I can see how that redheaded stepchild was ignored. Lol. :lol:

Terrible? It's like the best looking car I've ever seen... :indiff: So, maybe too many Canadians had too many ideas, sure... But the design was cool. Well, not the best looking car... Just let this one be. It would be a cool car to prove to some that Canada does actually make decent cars...

Along with the Locus Pléthore and various others...

The Genesis wasn't. But GT4 had an Accent Rally Car, a couple of concepts (one of which was named the Ugliest Car in GT5 at one point and used in the official DUMP STATUS BRO image), and a Tiburon/Tuscani/Coupe depending on your region. GT5 had the same, minus the rally car plus a 1999 Tiburon Turbulence.

Terrible? It's like the best looking car I've ever seen... :indiff: So, maybe too many Canadians had too many ideas, sure... But the design was cool. Well, not the best looking car... Just let this one be. It would be a cool car to prove to some that Canada does actually make decent cars...

Along with the Locus Pléthore and various others...
Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful car, especially with its gull wings. But the fact that it being a 1 and a half ton wedge of plastic was just absurd to me. My uncle actually owns one. Of course he doesn't drive it. He has it at his home in Toronto. Of course he can afford to own cars and not drive them because he works in Dubai. Make money make money!

The Genesis wasn't. But GT4 had an Accent Rally Car, a couple of concepts (one of which was named the Ugliest Car in GT5 at one point and used in the official DUMP STATUS BRO image), and a Tiburon/Tuscani/Coupe depending on your region. GT5 had the same, minus the rally car plus a 1999 Tiburon Turbulence.
I feel ashamed to call myself a GT fan even though I've been so devout to this. The amount of knowledge you guys have. But after you mention it, I do recall having a friend ask me if the game had a Tiburon (that's what he had at the time) in GT4. I remember looking it up on a list. Not sure if it's in the North American version or not though.

Hyundai Accent Rally Car '01
Hyundai Click Type-R '04
Hyundai CLIX '01
Hyundai Coupe FX '01
Hyundai HCD-6 '01
Hyundai Tiburon GT '01
Hyundai Tiburon Turbulence '99
Hyundai Tuscani '01
Hyundai Tuscani CCS '03
And new to GT6 ... Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track '13
According to the car list anyway.
http://www.gran-turismo.com/local/jp/data1/products/gt6/carlist_en.html
GT6 only seems to have the Genesis coupe. I guess (as White & Nerdy said) the quality of those other Hyundais probably couldn't make its way into GT6.
EDIT: Holy crap, I'm blind. :banghead: Didn't know those ones were in there. Still, my point still stands with the newer cars. Kaz always talks about pedigree and history, but is ignoring the more recent RACING additions to Hyundai.

Last edited:
RUF. Even though they cleaned up most of the current RUFs, where are some of their newer models? RT12? CT12R? RGT-8? RT35?
Come on Kaz. If you don't have Porsche, at least pay attention to what you got, which was RUF. :rolleyes:
Yes, this is what I was looking for. Completely spaced on that. Everyone WHISHES for Porsche, but that clearly isn't happening, but you're right. The new RUFs are clearly MIA.

Yes, this is what I was looking for. Completely spaced on that. Everyone WHISHES for Porsche, but that clearly isn't happening, but you're right. The new RUFs are clearly MIA.
I mean, we've had the same choices of RUFs since GT2...
Sure, we got the 3400S and RGT in GT3, but that's it. Heck, now that I think about it, GT2 had MORE RUFs! GT2 had the RUF BTR Type I, RUF BTR Type II, the Yellow Bird, the CTR2, the CTR2 Sport, the RCT, and the Turbo-R. What happened PD?

No Gen 1 Mustang under the Ford branding for starters.

1st_Ford_Mustang_coupe.jpg

Virtually no Ferrari racing cars... from a brand that's SOUL PURPOSE is to race, and sell cars second.

images

Le-Mans-24-Hours-2012-3.jpg

Also we have the Indianapolis Motor Speedway... but ZERO IndyCars to race on it.

Formula-Indy-2013-06.jpg

Just a to mention a few... and I agree with the OP, this is not a wish list.

The dealerships are separated by location (North American, European, Asia/Pacific), so maybe you didn't see where Hyundai was? IMHO, I think it's kinda pointless to organize them like this.

Virtually no Ferrari racing cars... from a brand that's SOUL PURPOSE is to race, and sell cars second.

Also we have the Indianapolis Motor Speedway... but ZERO IndyCars to race on it.

I think a lot of what you mention would be due to licensing issues, except the Mustang, but isn't there a Shelby GT 350?

1st_Ford_Mustang_coupe.jpg

images

Le-Mans-24-Hours-2012-3.jpg

Formula-Indy-2013-06.jpg

Yeah, Indy car is a very odd omission. The whole "partial license" thing going on is weird.. some NASCAR but not all, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, but no Indy.
The dealerships are separated by location (North American, European, Asia/Pacific), so maybe you didn't see where Hyundai was? IMHO, I think it's kinda pointless to organize them like this.
Possibly, still silly of me.

Which make is blatantly ignored in GT...

As soon as I saw this, the word Mitsuoka sprung into my mind.

Mitsuoka is a Japanese car company and none of the cars are
featured in GT. Not even the adorable Zero 1, the cute
Lotus 7 imitation. That's like the only sport car from Mitsuoka.
Orochi is just a sheep-in-wolf's-clothing:P Sad but true.

Well, now I kind of understand why Mitsuoka is not in GT:D

Loads of Rolls Royce knock offs (Galue, Ryoga, etc),
a car that looks like a super car but performance-wise slower
than a Civic Type R (Orochi), and a Lotus 7 knock off (Zero 1).
Nope, I guess GT doesn't need Mitsuoka after all. Even though
its a Japanese car manufacturer.

Hummer
Ford Crown Victoria
Maserati Quattroporte
Delorean DMC-12
Daimler motor wagon from GT4
Premium Supra

There is allot that's not in GT that should be included in GT but they're not for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back