What cars do you think are the best of the best?

• Thread starter usedHONDA
  • 34 comments

usedHONDA

(Banned)
I'm not looking for the 4789 horse power cars, just the cars good in acceleration , handling, and low horsepower (sometimes). My personal favorites are (of course) the Ford GT, The Lotus Elice, that RUF with four wheel drive,and the car I started out with the used Honda Prelude Vtec.

And what cars are better than the Escudu PP?

Hey, welcome here usedHONDA. You'll probably get some answers on this thread for awhile. The best of the best? It's a matter of opinion I guess. Personally I think the Escuse-o should be banned from all races except Pike's Peak, time trials, and 2-player stuff.

Right now I'm racing a Supra SZ-R and having a blast in the GT Pacific Regionals...just conquered Midfield with about 350 hp and medium tires and now I'm moving on to Seattle. That's the beauty of GT2...I've owned this game over 2 years now and I've barely raced any 3rd gen Supras even after all this time cuz I've been exploring all the other cars in the game one by one.

Last edited:
I enjoy the driving characteristics of the lower-weight MR cars, such as the Venturi Atlantique 400GT and Lotus Esprit V8. I would consider the racing versions of these two cars as being close to the best of the best.

FR TVR Speed 12
4wd Mitsubishi FTO LM
FF Taivon Trampio FTO
MR Venturi 600LM

Hmm...best cars, eh?

GT40, I prefer the road car
Cobra Coupe is good
Motorsports Elise
And of course the Elise GT1, sadly ignored by everyone but me, apparently.
that Alfa Romeo touring car, 155 I think?
The Oreca Viper as well

The JGTC type cars are pretty good, but very generic-seeming to me :/

I am not exactly sure what you consider low horsepower, but I like the
Taivon Trampio 378hp FF (Incredible car):crazy: Hard pressed to find one that can compete with it for the hp.

Taivon Trampio
Spoon Integra
Spoon Civic
Corvette Grandsport- w/ Stock engine and 3rd weight reduction.

All these are nice handling cars with great Acceleration.

10 replies and nobody's even mentioned the Daihatsu Midget II D type or the Opti Aero Beex? For shame...

Last edited:
skynyrd
And of course the Elise GT1, sadly ignored by everyone but me,
Hell no, the Elise GT1 and Esprit GT1 are both fantastic cars.

Definately, GT1 Elise was one of my favorites for a very long time, Here's that formula car that ammused me also.

Attachments

• Formula Skyline.jpg
    Formula Skyline.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 31
Any of the TVR's. I think the Cerberra LM is my fav though... As I looked down the thread I agreed with so many comments about the cars listed that I can't include them all here, but just about every car you've picked I would agree as a good fun car.

TMM
Any of the TVR's. I think the Cerberra LM is my fav though... As I looked down the thread I agreed with so many comments about the cars listed that I can't include them all here, but just about every car you've picked I would agree as a good fun car.

That's what I'm saying. Almost all the cars have some merit once you get the hang of driving them. Very few cars (the Prius, the Clio 16v) are absolutely useless.

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
That's what i'm saying. Almost all the cars have some merit once you get the hang of driving them. Very few cars (the Prius, the Clio 16v) are absolutely useless.
Useless in what whay for Clio 16v ?

sucahyo
Useless in what whay for Clio 16v ?

Hey Sucahyo how are you? I'm not talking about the clio sport, I'm talking about the other one. The dealer claims 170ish horsepower but it only has 108. And then you go to tune it. Wooops, no NA tunes. No turbo either! At the most, you can crank out 128 horsepower in a Clio 16v. Which means you can safely win just a few races in GT2. I don't know about you, but I'd rather buy a Renault Laguna or even a Megane before I'd buy a Clio 16v!

Last edited:
hi :), a bit bored. how about continuing setup vs setup? do you have suggestion for car?
I see, just like opti without beex, clio without sport also useless .........
Anyone ever try prius with manual?

Elise GT1 was one of my favourites, I also liked the r390 in race and road form a lot.

The renault and megane were mentioned above. I had fun turning these into touring cars for a few races.

Parnelli Bone
Hey Sucahyo how are you? I'm not talking about the clio sport, i'm talking about the other one. The dealer claims 170ish horsepower but it only has 108. And then you go to tune it. Wooops, no NA tunes. No turbo either! At the most, you can crank out 128 horsepower in a Clio 16v. Which means you can safely win just a few races in gT2. I don't know about you, but i'd rather buy a Renault Laguna or even a Megane before i'd buy a Clio 16v!

Hybrid it and put a whopping big French turbo in it!!!!

sucahyo
hi :), a bit bored. how about continuing setup vs setup? do you have suggestion for car?
I see, just like opti without beex, clio without sport also useless .........
Anyone ever try prius with manual?

You cannot race a manual in a Prius..it has a CVT transmission. It's like having just one speed.

How about Renault Laguna at Rome Nite course. It would be like being in Europe. Ah....i need a vacation.

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
YOu cannot race a manual in a Prius..it has a CVT transmission. It's like having just one speed.

How about Renault Laguna at Rome Nite course. It would be like being in Europe. Ah....i need a vacation.
Oh, I though it would be the same as logo.
I'll see what I can do to Renault Laguna :).

sucahyo
Oh, I though it would be the same as logo.
I'll see what I can do to Renault Laguna :).

It is the same as a Logo, at least it's supposed to be. Are you saying you can drive a Logo with a manual transmission stock? I know you can change transmissions, but what about stock? That's what I mean.

Last edited:
Ah, yes. But I sure love to see any powerfull car using CVT, the transmission will make the engine rev at the tourquist part all the time :). still fail to do it though (fail hybriding it) :(.

sucahyo
Ah, yes. But I sure love to see any powerfull car using CVT, the transmission will make the engine rev at the tourquist part all the time :). still fail to do it though (fail hybriding it) :(.
sucahyo, What happens when you try and use the CVT in a High powered car? That sounds like something interesting! Did it freeze or Lock up the game? If so! we can change the name of the car to that of the CVT car and then adjust everything and change the name back once all the settings are in, That should do it!

HYBRIDLVR
sucahyo, What happens when you try and use the CVT in a High powered car? That sounds like something interesting! Did it freeze or Lock up the game? If so! we can change the name of the car to that of the CVT car and then adjust everything and change the name back once all the settings are in, That should do it!
it doesn't freeze, I just don't know what the necessary hack to do it properly. it seems there is some magic in logo gear. The logo gear have two gear but will only use one.
The gear in logo is very special, it make the engine rev high first and then rev at the constant rpm (depend on power) later. it is different than prius. The gear in prius is just ordinary transmission with 1 gear.
In 1000m or race, manual logo will never beat the cvt one. CVT is faster :), don't upgrade transmission if you use honda logo for racing.

If you make a hybrid out of the Prius, it can candle quite a lot of power. I once slapped the Speed 12's 807hp motor in the that front wheel-drive CVT car, and it flew!

Even on a long straight like Red Rock Valley, it just keeps accelerating, even though it constantly seems to hit the rev-limiter, oddly. The noise is obnoxious, think of an industrial-strength vacuum going back and forth almost all lap long, and you'll understand that that combination gets old real quick.

To prove that the Prius is quite a good handler, I put the Speed 12 motor in a few other well-handling FF cars like the Saxo, the Neon, and a '93 Civic hatch. None of them could effectively deal with all that power, and braking seemed to take forever with all that power. I suppose the Prius can "engine-brake", since it has the CVT, so maybe that's why it seemed to deal with 800hp much more effectively.

Back