What Do I Need To Play Prologue On My PS2?

• Thread starter dubrex
  • 7 comments
I'm a strong supporter of the Gran Turismo franchise, so I'm definitely gonna buy it I just wanna make sure it's playable on my PS2 before I shell out $40. I got my PS2 along with GT3 (combo package) so it's pretty old. I was worried it wouldn't be able to handle a mod chip. (?) Is there a no solder solution that would work? I've read the DMs3 and Messiah 2 are good but I don't wanna risk screwing something up while soldering.

You could buy the No Solder Modchip that they sell on various websites. You need a boot disk with it though (like a Gameshark 2/Action Replay 2/ Swap majic discs)

All the mostchips and mods that dont require soldering all need to be booted and some dont support all types of boots (check to make sure that it supports what you are planning to do)

Does anyone know where to get the flip-top mods for cheap? The only one I found was at modmonsters.com and they have them at $50 w/ the swap magic discs. Does anyplace sell them cheaper? That fliptop idea is truly ingenious..hehe. I'd recommend everyone getting non solder ones since soldering modchips is pretty hard. I can solder pretty well but after reading the instructions and all the stuff you need, kinda freaked me out.

Originally posted by Zyphar
You could buy the No Solder Modchip that they sell on various websites. You need a boot disk with it though (like a Gameshark 2/Action Replay 2/ Swap majic discs)

All the mostchips and mods that dont require soldering all need to be booted and some dont support all types of boots (check to make sure that it supports what you are planning to do)
Why would you have to update your PS2 to play GT4P or is cos its only japanese? IM not updating my PS2 I just spent $300 (AUD) on 9600 XT... PLz explain...

Back