The 'September speculation' discussion thread? (No car suggestions)

We know that dynamic time is out of the picture in this iteration of GT, but I don't recall if dynamic weather was declared too hardware intensive. Considering there's a small load time when changing the course conditions/ToD while on track, I'd bet changing cloud cover won't be possible. But what about using one of the static overcast/cloudy conditions, and then overlay variable rain quantities? Visually, all that would need to change is the surface textures, and the added particle effects of falling rain both on the windshield and in the environment (which we know is possible because of one of the Northern Isle Mission events). I think the integration of something like this would depend on how in-depth PD want to go with the surface simulation. They could make "dry" and a "wet" surface maps, and have some sort of slider that changes (perhaps at an algorithmic rate to squeeze out as much authenticity with limited power) between the two based on the amount of surface water.

I don't know how possible what I outlined would be, but if PD can find a way to make some sort of dynamic conditions of any sort, especially one that would require a tire compound change mid-race, that would be a must. If not, rain in general would be greatly appreciated by many.

Yeah but imagining it in GTS it becomes similar to me :D
Less downforce, Less power. I find the idea of TC cars much more exciting than GR1 to be honest. BTCC I'd say is the flagship of what amazing TC racing can be. It's full of action!. Although BTCC is by all means a contact sport, even though it's not (Air quotes). I've enjoyed many hours doing TC racing on PC and very rarely complain when I end up off track, because it's so damn fun! I know this wouldn't translate to GTS because everyone has a stick up the backside and can't possible rub tyres.

Optional Ping Restriction for Private Rooms and Ping Filters for search option.
It kills the immersion and the whole race when people join rooms from other side of the planet and lag/warp arround the track.
I want a ping check that allows only people with low ping to enter.

We know that dynamic time is out of the picture in this iteration of GT, but I don't recall if dynamic weather was declared too hardware intensive.

Pretty sure Kaz said that dynamic weather was off of the table for GTS.
Will find source for you.

Less downforce, Less power. I find the idea of TC cars much more exciting than GR1 to be honest. BTCC I'd say is the flagship of what amazing TC racing can be. It's full of action!.

I think V8SC are on the same level as BTCC for TC racing. Both are cracking sports to watch, that's for sure!

Last edited by a moderator:
A touristenfahrt mode for the Nordschleife Tourist layout. AI controlled cars, vans and passenger coaches that you can navigate past or drive in procession with.

You're probably thinking, but why? Well, using the wheel last night I thought it would be fun making it seem like a proper public lap of the Ring.

-Linear throttle input, just like the brake input is.
-More realistic low speed (<~80km/h) wheelspinning physics. To me, it seems like if you're spinning your wheels while accelerating from a standstill, your vehicle's speed seems to increase too slowly imo, until you get to around roughly 80km/h or so and higher, where it seems to pick up grip substantially.
-Ability to customize individual HUD elements (ie. Being able to turn off the red flashing suggested gear indicator - at one point in GT games you could do this. Why was that removed? Also being able to turn off and/or reposition the Low Fuel Warning message).
-More real life tracks
-Varying weather conditions
-Tyre temp display (if the physics are simulating tyre temps)

Either:
  • Depositing a dollar into my bank account every time someone anywhere in the world asks for Spa or Silverstone to be included in GTS.
OR:
  • Absurdly customizable HUD. How so? Customizable to the point where I can put my speedometer in the top left of the screen and tach upside down on the bottom right JUST BECAUSE IT'S POSSIBLE.
  • The GT Fantasy Track Trinity of Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, and Grand Valley.
  • Speaking of tracks, let's compromise here. Already said that if I had my way regarding real circuits, I'd focus on ones that aren't in every single other semi-serious racing sim. DIVERSITY IN TRACKS IS IMPORTANT.
  • Still on the track tangent, Autumn Ring/Autumn Ring Mini/new layout Autumn Ring Maxi.
  • Easing up on the WE WILL RESET YOUR CAR THE MOMENT IT ROLLS OVER ONCE thing.

I want GT Auto back. GT doesn't feel the same if I can't wash my cars :)
Agreed. But I have a question. Does a lot of mileage on a car lower it's performance in GT Sport just like on previous titles? If so, they need to at least implement the oil change feature in the game to restore some of your lost performance.

I want DTM cars and some classic supercars like the F50 and hmmmm lets see what else Porsche 911 GT1, Mercedes Clk Gtr, Mclaren F1 GTR, TVR Speed 12, Nissan R390 and the Toyota GT-1. For tracks one word Spa.

VXR
A touristenfahrt mode for the Nordschleife Tourist layout. AI controlled cars, vans and passenger coaches that you can navigate past or drive in procession with.

You're probably thinking, but why? Well, using the wheel last night I thought it would be fun making it seem like a proper public lap of the Ring.
Big missed opportunity there. I had fun in GT4 Practice Mode.
I'd run the MX-5 with top down, just to try and see if I could watch the avatar change gears. Wasn't possible due to the angle.
It was so much fun with the other cars on track. Only six in total, but I'd get a Ford GT and Ginetta G4 in there every do often.

Yeah, bring back bots at the 'Ring.

I'd love to have the option that allowed you to drive a convertible with the roof open or closed return from GT4. :D
It sucks having the roof stuck open on some cars and closed on most others.
chevrolet_corvette_c1_by_pete7868-d4ao12l.jpg

356.jpg

To bring me back:

Further, positive changes to the penalty system. It became a real mess after the last DLC. Matchmaking too, being pared with higher or lower than me is not ideal, defeats the point of driver rating, IMO.

Better crashing/bumping in the game too. At the moment the cars don't absorb enough and just bounce like bouncy balls, lol. To be punted into the car in front isn't making me look good, that's too easy to manipulate.

MTX to remain as optional and of little influence on the game in terms of price rises or prize reductions. (Highly unlikely, but many GTA long term fans might agree it can go either way with time, potential is all. There here now, I'm cautious).

Spa and Silverstone (2 more dollars for a poster above, lol).

Sierra, Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Grand Valley, Ascari and Laguna Seca. Loved Ascari so much, took a while to get that gold in the Veyron.

Daily log in bonus from GT6. Seasonals would be nice to see return, but not as high on the list as qualifying was/is good fun to test myself grief free against other racers, if unrewarding for my bank. But looping Blue Moon Bay for cash/XP just isn't happening. Make the longer campaign races pay more. (A 60 minute endurance race should pay huge compared to a 12 minute blast, IMO). The last game had MTX, and we could easily earn 1m plus on the seasonals.

B-spec wouldn't hurt. But I do prefer to play it out.

Rain, thunderstorms occasionally, and snow. Another popular request, rain/dynamic weather at least. And I don't mind if it's just in the campaign too. Would love to race against others in various weather conditions or have it totally random as to when and where it could turn a race into drama. Lewis seems to relish it, I want in on that, virtually.

AI in campaign to be readdressed. Chase the ace races can be good when we can detune a car and test ourselves to be smooth and consistent to pinch the win, but class/one make races are a breeze/snooze. Could be more testing/unpredictable so players between online have much to push them to improve, if they want.

The game needs a good splash of variety, and to ease the MTX that some are strongly against, to improve payouts and such can only ease those fears in some, IMO.

I don't expect all this in one DLC of course. But if after a few months, these things or others equally engaging come, I'll gladly get stuck in again. Would be nice to enjoy this game more than I did. And after many releases that did me well. I'm more than happy to give the game chances to re-appeal to me.

Just hate trolling/grief too much to allow it to frustrate me like it did. Not a game or any fun when I'm not smiling. Apologies for the long post, and for my dissatisfaction shown my postings of late since arriving here. Just want my game to do me well, not playing it means it did not. :(

They could make more racing categories out of the cars they already have. Japanese 1990's, for instance. Group C should be its own category, having them racing LMP1 hybrids is a complete joke for 2018.

Agreed. But I have a question. Does a lot of mileage on a car lower it's performance in GT Sport just like on previous titles? If so, they need to at least implement the oil change feature in the game to restore some of your lost performance.

In GTS, Mileage does not affect performance.

Either:
  • Depositing a dollar into my bank account every time someone anywhere in the world asks for Spa or Silverstone to be included in GTS.
OR:
  • Absurdly customizable HUD. How so? Customizable to the point where I can put my speedometer in the top left of the screen and tach upside down on the bottom right JUST BECAUSE IT'S POSSIBLE.
  • The GT Fantasy Track Trinity of Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, and Grand Valley.
  • Speaking of tracks, let's compromise here. Already said that if I had my way regarding real circuits, I'd focus on ones that aren't in every single other semi-serious racing sim. DIVERSITY IN TRACKS IS IMPORTANT.
  • Still on the track tangent, Autumn Ring/Autumn Ring Mini/new layout Autumn Ring Maxi.
  • Easing up on the WE WILL RESET YOUR CAR THE MOMENT IT ROLLS OVER ONCE thing.

Proper time trials with global leaderboards for each car category and track combo. Also, allow players to watch the replays and download the setups directly into their own settings sheets from the leaderboards.

Weather
Spa and Silverstone
A modern Formula car we can make liveries on
VR in campaign

Would make me pretty happy tbh
Everything else is fine in my opinion
Oh and some daily races like a couple just to add that fun of tryna master a new car and track combo each day

Is Spa a dirty word yet?
Dirty words usually have four or more letters.

- GT Sport needs B-Spec in the next update.
If virtual racing, can be sport, training a virtual racer within the game, can be sport as well.

We're pretty much racing R/C cars on screen. By controlling our avatar via the B-Spec feature, it opens up racing, from the engineer's perspective.

I'd say in one week from now, the cars will be teased IF we get cars or even an update.

We will get cars,my prediction is 4 cars

Dirty words usually have four or more letters.

- GT Sport needs B-Spec in the next update.
If virtual racing, can be sport, training a virtual racer within the game, can be sport as well.

We're pretty much racing R/C cars on screen. By controlling our avatar via the B-Spec feature, it opens up racing, from the engineer's perspective.

I talked about this a few months ago,B Spec racing is the perfect way to change the pace in GT Sport,actual race management is something we haven't seen in simracers on consoles except for the GT franchise,such a neat mechanic that no one tried to copy it.

Back