What do you all think about GTHD's graphics?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo HD' started by Damien89, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Damien89

Damien89

I personally tought that they would look a little bit better. I'm not saying that i'm dissapointed or something its just that i was expecting something a bit better i.e the cars need to look a little bit more photo realistic i think

2. buickgnx88

buickgnx88 Premium

3. the Interceptor

the Interceptor Premium

Are you referring to GT:HD classics or GT:HD premiums cars?

4. Condraz23

Condraz23 (Banned)

To me, technology has reached the point where new video games are indistinguishable from reality.

If they're already better than the graphics of Gran Turismo 4 then that would mean that they are more realistic than reality itself, which of course, is a paradox in it's own right.

5. Patrik

Patrik (Banned)

the GTHD Premium graphics are great! and keep in mind guys that this is in the early stages! :sly:

6. zonekill

zonekill

It's PD strategy to begin with simple graphics (look at the shadows, FSAA, textures etc.)
    Look at the first screens of GT2000 / GT3 and the final GT3.

They will slowly make the graphics better... I think the graphics for GT5 will be about 60% better.

7. Jedi2016

Jedi2016

I think they showed it off too early. It looks good at first glance, but it falls apart after a minute or so, especially in the videos.

Photographic textures are nice, and most definitely useful, but they can't be used alone. They need "real" grass and trees.

And PD hasn't even started on the lighting yet. I think that's where it's going to make the biggest difference.

8. Michael88

Michael88

Pretty good, but I expected a LOT more....I think PD had more than enough time to do new graphics with the new PS3-power, even if its a bridgeover game for GT5.:ouch: :grumpy:

And I dont even have a HD tv. Its only HD-DVD compatible.:guilty:

9. the Interceptor

the Interceptor Premium

To get this thread a bit further, here's something to talk about:

There are two different types of photos on the GT:HD website. Some are from Classic, which is GT4 in 1920x1080, and some are from Premium, which is somewhere on the way to GT5, and meant to look much better. However, I noticed a strange effect when comparing some of those shots.

In this one from Classic for example ...

[​IMG]

... you can see that the actual shape of the car in front is dead sharp, while the textures on it are somewhat edgy and blurry (the Nissan badge, the shape of the bonnet, the decals), cause they were made for a lower resolution.

In comparison to this shot from Premium ...

[​IMG]

... all the details are very sharp, while the shape of the car is very odd and edgy. Also note the strangely looking fence and the trees in the background.

I think that this is a temporary problem which will be fixed somewhere on the way to GT5. Still, these pictures could look a lot better if they had the sharpness of the edges the Classic shots strangely have.

Any ideas what this could be?

Regards
    the Interceptor

10. dubbed

dubbed

A little off but does anyone know what the last car in the photo is(the silver car)?

11. the Interceptor

the Interceptor Premium

That's the Mobil JGTC Honda NSX.

12. zonekill

zonekill

It's because GTHD Classic uses the PS2 GT4 game engine. So it's "easy" for PD to add more cars and run it in HD with FSAA (Full Scene Anti Aliasing).

GTHD Premium is using a "new" game engine where things as FSAA and rendering/reflections/light (look at the shadow of the bridge in the lancer pic.) on the car "aren't" fully used yet.

I hope it clears up some issue!?

Have a nice day.

13. Robin

Robin Premium

The cars in the trailer (the one with the spikey revolving GT logo) is what I would expect from the final GT5...... those were truely photorealistic. As for GTHD Premiums graphics at the moment they look good but abit jaggy and the tracks looks abit wierd like the trees and grass also I was really dissapointed with the interior of the Ferrari shot but hopefully its early days.....

All in all I hope it will be abit better if not alot better by GTHD release..... I really was expecting them to be super amazing but at the moment they are just basic next gen.....

14. zonekill

zonekill

"but hopefully its early days....." ....Hopefully!? please people wake-up it are the early days! At least the screens.

Do you really think they will release GTHD premium with graphics that are not far off those from the final GT5?
    First, its impossible because they learn every day how to use the power of the PS3. and second they aren't stupid of course PD wants the best and wants a WOW factor when GT5 is nearing its final release date.

15. Robin

Robin Premium

I think maybe people think this because gt4 prologues graphics were basically identical (if not better, there is proof!) to the final GT4...... but the time scale in between each was alot less.

16. kikie

kikie Premium

I'm not impressed, so far.

17. zonekill

zonekill

Yes, I know people think that way but therefore I am trying to explain why it isn't as they think it would be.

And don't forget that this is a NEW generation PS3, on PS2 they already made GT3 and GT Concept before they made GT4P.

18. KENJIusa

KENJIusa

Look good, but with PS3+PD, I expect GT5 to be far more eye candy than that.:cheers:

19. BoiBoi

BoiBoi

I think that if they are on the level of the Ferrari videos,:tup: people should be satified, especially since the new features in the game will add to the overall enjoyment of gameplay( such as racing against way more competitors, online play and whatever other new goodies they have added):) :)

20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D Premium

The graphics even now in their unfinished state are amazing. You have to know that Kaz and company won't release a Gran Turismo game that is outshown in any way by the PS2 GT4 version. You can expect quite a gleaming experience if you decide to get a PS3 and fire up GT HD.

21. Dave A

Dave A Premium

You have to consider as well that if the increased grid sizes are to be carried over from Classic to Premium and then to GT5 as a result you may have to accept that some racing games that only push 6 or 8 car grids may look better than GT. I know the idea of better looking games may seem strange at first, but that is a comprmoise I'm willing to take if the races in GT improve as a result. Besides that Ferrari video looked good enough to me, needed some lighting sorted out but that's all, how many of you have watched in high definition on a full screen how it was meant to be viewed?

22. Zer0

Zer0 (Banned)

Rough translation:
    Great Spanish interview:
    http://meristation.com/v3/des_avanc...c&idj=cw4460b3b8a8a10&idp=&tipo=art&c=1&pos=0

23. Tenacious D

Tenacious D Premium

According to the latest release list I've seen, GT HD isn't even on it, which could put the game coming out anytime from June next year to holiday 2007. But with that much work to be done yet, there's no telling how many good things Kaz and company are going to load into the game, and what will be left off to be found at the Playstation Store.

24. Damien89

Damien89

Hi guys i see that many agree with me that the graphics still need to be better but like many have said maybe they are only showing us a sneak preview of what is to come ( I sure hope so!!)

25. JTSnooks

JTSnooks

According to another report I saw, Kaz was very upset to have to show GT:HD at E3 this year, as it wasn't ready at ALL. I'd bet that the 15% done bit is right, because think about it. They're only modeling 30 cars and two tracks for GT:HD Premium. That can't take more than a month or two worth of work, plus some miscellaneous tweaking. That leaves another 8-12 months for just physics, graphics, and simulation tweaking. I think they've got the car models pretty much finalized, but as others have said, they haven't added in many of the graphical effects. For instance, the jagged edges around the car could easily be eliminated by a little bit of anti-aliasing, which apparently they haven't even gotten that in the game yet.

With a few small touches, the graphics will look great, so I'm sure they'll have something with stunning graphics, and hopefully better physics/simulation as well. Especially since they don't have the "we're putting in 700 cars!!!" excuse for delays ;)

26. DuckRacer

DuckRacer Premium

Personally, I think the graphics look like total crap. But I expect GT5 will be a lot more pleasing to the eye.

27. Michael88

Michael88

I think the graphics are kinda boring, nothing new, just everything slightly altered, the PS3 will run with 20% of its power with that kind of graphics.

And thats why you have to pay more for the same content, the same cars and the same graphics. Slightly altered graphics.

28. Dave A

Dave A Premium

Something tells me your talking about GT:HD classic and not Premium, the models and everything in GT:HD Premium is all new and higher detail, personally having watched the Ferrari video in full screen and high definition I can quite honeslty say it looks pretty good, the shadows and lighting need improving and some trackside textures need improving and details adding which at this stage is no suprise, but in terms of the cars themselves they look great imo.

29. Damien89

Damien89

Ecxatly what i am thinking about the ps3. After all those specs that many mags have said that its going to be the best console ever. I think that the graphics from all the games that iv'e seen i had tought that they were going to be better i.e more photo realistic. If somebody says that the graphics are almost photo realistic then they should put two pictures one from GTHD and one from reality and you'll see the difference. Ok so the backrounds look good but if you look at the people in the evo pic from premium they look like crap.

30. Damien89

Damien89

New update

New pics have been added today on the japan gt website and i must say that they are already looking better especially the shadows.[​IMG]