What do you expect your new favorite photo spot to be?

United States
Port Washington
GTP_skeeter23
Simple title, simple question. What do you suspect your new favorite photo spot will be?

I think mine may be Ascari since it appears there will be nice scenery and a non-race type environment good if signs and guard rails everywhere.

Willow Springs at sunset may also be pretty good.

What say you?

Evo Magazine went to Ascari a few years ago for their big end-of-year test, and it's utterly gorgeous. With the time of day being adjustable, I expect it will allow for a lot of great shots. Matterhorn looks likely to provide some eye-candy too, which makes up for the utterly unrealistic feel the track has.

Ascari, especially with that little complex of houses. Looks like it would be a great backdrop for some classic racers like the GTO.

No where, I think the photo mode is a waste of time and space that could be better spend giving us more cars and tracks. Gran Turismo is "The Real Driving Simulator" not the real car photography simulator. That said, it's still a good distraction, but it shouldn't be as an important part of the game as people make it. That's just my opinion.

No where, I think the photo mode is a waste of time and space that could be better spend giving us more cars and tracks. Gran Turismo is "The Real Driving Simulator" not the real car photography simulator. That said, it's still a good distraction, but it shouldn't be as an important part of the game as people make it. That's just my opinion.

Well aren't we just a negative Nancy :P

While I agree that racing games may not need a photomode I personally love it. It's great for nights that I'm too tired or don't have time ti get the rig out. It also provides something GT related to do besides GTP when I'm not able ti boot up GT at all. Also, what car nut wouldn't like to be able to take beautiful shots of the cars they love?

In addition though everybody seems to have one thing they alone want in the game or not. If it weren't in people would complain just as much as the drifters if you dropped that. How about the NASCAR crowd? Or the X20xx people?

Anyway, I'm thinking Ascari will be perfect for some of the slightly older exotics especially just because they fit the places real world intention so much. Mainly what I am really excited about with some of these new tracks is just the ability to get away from the distracting backgrounds that make the pictures look so "video game-ish" at times. So many great spots on so many tracks if it weren't for the armco, curbs, signs, etc.

Ascari, Brands Hatch.
Brands Hatch looks very colorful from Jordan's picture.

As a photographer who has photographed in the area I'm particularly looking forward to The Rhonda region. However all the new locations look interesting.

Dawn shots where the light should be at it's best will be when I set the Gran Turismo alarm call for.

Last edited:
Goodwood without a doubt. Although the early parts of the hillclimb have smatterings of spectators and stands etc, the latter parts go through some beautiful English countryside with some lovely features. Add time change and yay.

Goodwood without a doubt. Although the early parts of the hillclimb have smatterings of spectators and stands etc, the latter parts go through some beautiful English countryside with some lovely features. Add time change and yay.

Good point I didn't think about the open feilds there.

Surprisingly difficult question this. The new Photo Travel locations looks amazing while the new circuits have interesting features too. I think it will be very much car dependent.

I'm looking forward to experimenting with modern locations, like Gemasolar, with classic cars just to mix it up.

To be honest, I don't really use Photo Mode locations. Most of the pictures I've taken have been in-race photos that I mostly take for my online profiles or my blogs. The only time I may use the proper Photo Mode locations are for when I want to take real "beauty shots" for cars in a non-racing environment. I probably won't go crazy in this department.

Being terribly colour blind and having no eye for anything artistic usually leaves me avoiding photomode for the most part:lol: But I do enjoy seeing the work that others create. If anything Ronda will be my place of choice as I was quite close to there in Cazalla de la Sierra, Spain a few years ago in a town that's very similar looking.

anywhere i can get at least 2 tires off the ground. nothing says a car has reached it's limit like going into monopod mode. and i'm a sucker for going airborne.

Being terribly colour blind and having no eye for anything artistic usually leaves me avoiding photomode for the most part:lol: But I do enjoy seeing the work that others create. If anything Ronda will be my place of choice as I was quite close to there in Cazalla de la Sierra, Spain a few years ago in a town that's very similar looking.

Same here, my pics normally come out sterile and boring, no creativity here :lol:. So photo mode for me is a no-go.

However, I don't mind taking some in-race shots with some action and movement.

Back