What do you want to do with your life?

• Thread starter Sage
  • 35 comments

Sage

Staff Emeritus
United States
United States
GTP_Sage
So, what do you want to do with your life? What are your plans, your needs, your desires?

I ask this with one important stipulation: I want this to be a deeper conversation than just I want a good job and a nice family and to live long, because 1) every-freaking-body wants that, and 2) it’s boring. I want you to discuss your motives. Do you want this because families seem to make people happy, so you think that should make you happy? Do you have religious motivation? Do you subscribe to a certain ethic regarding your decisions?

-----

This won’t surprise a few people here, but I very strongly subscribe to Ayn Rand’s notion that man must hold three things as the supreme and ruling values of his life: Reason, Purpose, Self-Esteem. The rest of my life naturally falls into place because of those tenets. I’m good at math and science (particularly molecular biology), and the idea of gene therapy is so beautifully poetic to me – I’ve been told that it’s too pie-in-the-sky, that it’s unproven, but I don’t care, I want to be a part of that revolution when it comes (because it will come). That’s why I want to become a biotechnology engineer – what more noble, moral, exciting way to use my skills than to cure humans at the core of their problems? And it wouldn’t be so that I could brag about it or because it would be the best thing for me to do from society’s standpoint; it would be for my own personal satisfaction, and nothing is more sacred than that.

As for a family, again, what would bring me the most happiness? As much as I can judge at my age, a wife and no children: a wife because, well, who doesn’t want at least one partner to share your life and values with? But I’m a bit reluctant to think that my life would be more fulfilling if I had children – I believe I would be too tempted to shape them the way I want, which is a recipe for disaster. It just seems to me that the easier but just-as-satisfying path is to keep you and your spouse’s lives wide open to friends and pets – make them an intrinsic part of your family. I know anybody who has or had kids will protest, but that seems to be the plan that makes the most sense for my personality and my values.

Beyond the job and family, I’m not sure how I want the rest of my life to play out. I’m somewhat sure that I want to settle down here in San Diego, but I have no strong opinions on where I should travel or what sort of “interesting things” (sky-diving, autocrossing, etc.) I should do. I suppose that if I am ever able to afford a trip to outer space, I would take that opportunity. I really have no List of Things I Should do Before I Die – family and job are what I need to live a fulfilling life, and everything else is just icing on the cake.

I won't go into great detail, as I'm about to go to bed, but here goes.

When I get out of high school and my classes at a technical school, I'll be an ASE certified technician, and I hope to get a job at the local Honda dealer.

After a year or 2 of that, I'm still not sure where to go, but I want to learn engineering so I can design my own car parts, since my goal is to make a tuning shop, but a very high level one, maybe like HKS or Trial. Quality and performance will be my goal, as I love a well designed part.

During all this, I hope to get a racing license and start off in amateur racing and work my way up. Not to a very high level, but enough to learn real driving skill and be recognized.

I hope some sort of family will be in there too somewhere, but I can't buy a family, so we'll just see how that goes.

EDIT: As for motives, I don't really have any. I like cars, I like tuning, I like driving. It makes me happy.

EDIT: Except sometimes I wish I could drive 100% with the music full blast, but I can't, I listen to the car for information.

A soundtrack would be nice sometimes.

This very question has been making angry/depressed/confused all week. This is such a huge question. To be perfectly honest, I really don't know what I wanna do with my life, and what direction to take it in. I know my likes and dislikes, but as far as making a plan, I don't have a clue.

For my job I'd like for it to be art or car related. That right there gives me endless options for a job, it's just picking one and going for it thats got me stumped.

I know I want a wife, again, it's finding the right one. Which I think I've done, it's just building up to that point thats difficult. The more and more I help out with my little sister the more and more I think I want to have kids, so thats in the cards now too.

Right now I'm just trying to coast through life, trying to build my plan for life. Because the way I see it, you need to know where you're going before you can get there.

All I know is I don't want to be in school any more. I don't want to live with others where they tell me what do to. I don't care about the kind of job I have, I'd rather have a job making money rather than wasting time/money going to school. I'm not getting married, why would I do something that stupid? You give me one reason why because I sure haven't seen any reasons for it. Till then I'll live vicariously though my friends that are married. I won't have kids, if I want to get the kid experience I can head over and see my friend's kid. Why would I have kids with my families history as well as it being that big of a responsibility. With that said I guess will be all negative since after all, I've been labeled Mr. Negative so many times. I don't mind that but don't tell me what's wrong with it when you don't have a good reason. Don't get me wrong I have things that I like and things I'm passionate or motivated about but they aren't anything anyone else can relate to or shares with me. Short story is I don't see a lot to look forward to right now so I really don't know what I want to do. With that said I can't plan that far ahead because I'm focusing on just getting through now.

Do you want this because families seem to make people happy, so you think that should make you happy?

Huh? yeah right... I want to get away from them. There is so many times where I'm around family and they argue like a soap opera for no reason. I absolutely hate it and it's getting really old really fast. With that said yes, I can't totally cut out my family because they are that family.

That's all I got for now I guess...

This is all INCREDIBLY unorganized... but I think I've given you the motives I have for the future I have in mind. All I have are things I want to do... but no defined way of going about doing them since these are all things that I won't be able to make decisions on until the time comes.

I'm the type that normally never plans anything beyond a few weeks in advance. Even my career goals - I have a loose idea of what I want to do, but nothing concrete. I know I want to be in a field that allows me lots of mobility, and I focussed my studies in that. I got certified in a technology that would get me started as well. I just need that first job. From there, I start learning new technologies and squeezing into new fields.

For my career, I have no goals set in stone. I want to become an independent IT consultant, but that will take years of experience. Short term, I need a job in the field I specialized in - plain and simple. To get that job, I need experience. To get that experience, I need a job. The cycle goes on. Money, I'd love to have lots. I can easily make do with whatever I get so long as I'm single. If I'm married, things would change and expenses don't scale as well as one would think. My brother and sister have proven that to me.

Why do I want to do consulting? Because the instability of it all thrills me. The fact that I'd be in a new environment every 4-8 months is refreshing. To do something new, to see new people, to see a new place so often is something I'd kill for. For me, I need change. I need an evolving environment. I need all of this to stay motivated. If my environment becomes stable, my performance drops. My emotional happiness drops. To a certain extent, I thrive on stress and the fact that I never know exactly what happens next. That's why I want to do consulting. That's why I want to do it independently in the long term. Short term, I can work for IBM, Accenture, Deloitte, et al. but again - they take away from my personal independence to a certain degree. I'd have to work by their rules at all times rather than by the rules of the particular client at that particular time. After all - every client company has their own culture, their own technologies. I want to see those and experience them. It's a way for me to see, learn, and experience without going to school. Every few years, I'll still go back for further education, but anyone in IT needs that anyways.

Personal life, I really don't know yet. One day, I'd like to settle down, get married, have 2 or 3 kids, but the career thing has me not thinking about that right now. If I become an indie consultant, that would mean at least 4 days per week away from home depending on the contract I'm on at that particular moment. My father worked out of Saudi Arabia when he got married. He used to leave my mom in Pakistan for weeks at a time. All alone with his mom and my (then newborn) brother. I don't want to be a father/husband that does that. I don't want to marry a girl that doesn't have her own job or career because if I do stay independent after marriage, then I at least want her to have something to keep occupied during the day.

I want kids... 3, ideally. I dont know why it needs to be 3, but it definitely can't be 1. Reason being is that I personally have a hard time imagining what my life would be like if I was an only child. I want kids because my cousins are all married and have their own kids. I've seen these kids grow up and I've babysat for them on occasion. There's something about spending time with these little dudes/ladies that really gets to me.

Again though, the whole issue of the job gets in the way of kids. I want to be able to come home and enjoy some quality time with them. I'm not sure what my future has in store and whether or not that will be possible. I'm also not sure if I'll be able to buckle down and work anywhere for longer than 1 or 2 years at a time before getting bored by routine and the everlasting quest for the 'next big promotion' that only nets you another $5000 per year thanks to the way the tax brackets are spread out.

As far as raising those kids is concerned, I plan on allowing them the freedoms that were denied to me growing up. It's incredibly unlikely that it will happen, but I want to be able to give my kids the choice of whether or not they want to follow a religion. I'd rather expose them to religion rather than telling them from the day they're born that they are Muslims and have no voice in the matter. I want them to be able to come up to me and ask questions about the opposite sex. Hell, I want them to be comfortable hanging out with mixed groups of guys/girls rather than all male/female. Right now, as a 21 year old man going on 22, I STILL have to hide the fact that I'm out with a group of girls from my parents. I STILL have to hide the fact that I drink - so much so that I had to call home and claim food poisoning last time I was out drinking since I had far too much to be able to come within 10 feet of a vehicle until the following afternoon. I want them to feel comfortable telling me that rather than hiding from me and lying about it. Of course, my culture and the religion of my parents strictly forbids that.

If I want to marry without getting disowned, it will HAVE to be a Muslim girl. If I find a brown girl, it's incredibly unlikely that I'll find one as open minded about these things like I am. It's even more unlikely that I'd ever be allowed to give my own kids those freedoms because of that. Even if I do find someone that agrees to this, my parents will drill religion into my kids. I'd have to be around them at all times, unable to leave them alone with them for fear of what they might 'teach' them.

How's that Sage?

When I was younger I had a bit of a life plan going. I knew what I wanted to be, and knew how to get there.

Now I'm in my thirties, I just take life as it comes. In general I'll try do something enjoyable every day but that's not a set rule or objective for me.

I want a scholarship to prevent being broke, but supposedly if you get suspended, you can't get one anymore and me and two of my best friends have each been suspended at least once.

I want a scholarship to prevent being broke, but supposedly if you get suspended, you can't get one anymore and me and two of my best friends have each been suspended at least once.

YOUR BAD!

What I dream of doing is to be free of job and responsibilities to spend my days with my friends and family worry free. But that is a bit pie in the sky.

However, being in the real world and not desiring to be a bum I recognize that is highly unlikely to ever happen.

My hopes for the future are based around my wife and I and our hopes to eventually have a child. I have a good job with good health benefits and so does my wife. We are both secure in our positions and do well enough to move up and earn merit raises. We both desire to have a child and be able to provide for it without worry. Our only concern is my heart complications and the hope that it is not something that can be passed on or will cause my child to one day be without a father until they are old enough to be on their own.

My desire to have a child is based on the fact that I have a want to care for something in a way that only a parent can care for a child. The joy I see in my friends and family with children is something I hope to know. The kind of unconditional love that can only come from a parent/child relationship is something I want to experience. My father has done a lot to earn disrespect in my eyes, but no matter how he hurt my mother, brother, and myself I still love him and respect him for all he has done for me. He is a bad role model yet is someone I have learned much from as he is someone that enjoys teaching me new ways to work with my hands. Anytime I have a home improvement project he volunteers to show up and teach me how to do it and no matter how many times I screw it up he shows me again. Many times it is something I can do on my own, but our biggest bonds come from those times together and I know that he doesn't volunteer to help because he thinks I am not capable, but because he wants to be there and help teach me lessons I need to know in life. He is a very impatient and easily angered man, yet in those instances his patience is boundless. I want someone in my life that I can experience that same kind of feeling for, someone who I will do manual labor with just because I am with them.

And of course with my child I hope to live a long life. My heart condition means I already have a weak heart and I have had more issues than most people in their 50s and 60s. My medical records set next to some senior citizens' has more files in it. The basic consensus is that when I reach the point where normal people's hearts begin to get weak I will quickly go downhill. Pretty much I can consider myself to be in my mid-life stages now. I do not want that. I have just begun to truly enjoy life because I have finally come to my own understanding of morality and my beliefs. I would hate to have my chance to enjoy this and help others understand me and how I can be happy in a life full of work and bills. I like to quote Jimmy Stewart from the movie Harvey when he says that he likes to think that every day is a great day. Many people think I am odd when I say that, and I hope to live long enough to at least get my family and friends to understand how someone doomed to a life of hospitals from the beginning can have such a positive outlook on a regular basis.

I'm not too much of a planner so my plan probably won't be all that well organized, but here goes.

My ultimate goal is to go and get an engineering job with the 3-pointed star, but any of the German 3 will do. Having always liked math and science, and liking cars, and being a M-B fan, and wanting enough dough to afford a few sweet rides, I figure this is about the best. How I will get there is a little fuzzy. I just started going for an ME degree in college, I'm probably going to minor in German. I want to go and study over there for a while. I'm probably missing a few steps that I might have to take straight out of college to build up a "reputation," probably working at a smaller company for a while or going for an internship at some point.

As for family, my goal is to find a wife and have probably two kids. This seems like a good compromise between being able to have fun with kids but not be burdened by having to watch over a whole tribe all the time. I would also want to be able to go and see the world, and that would be much easier and cheaper with four than five.

I would like to live somewhere where I can spread out a little and be close to some kind of wilderness that can think about comparing itself to Seattle. A garage of like 7 cars and a medium sized house will do too. Basically living well, but I fear becoming on of those rich snobs.

I feel like I am setting quite lofty goals for myself. Get back to me in four years though. I will probably be up to something else. And it would be pretty funny to see this thread revisited in 40 years, just to see how everybody did.

I'm gonna fight crime. I'm gonna cruise through ghettos and bust drug dealers and steal they pocket books. I'll be rich, biotch.

I created a thread sorta (not exactly) like this earlier and was disappointed by the results. But I’ll try to do this one justice.

I’m not the type that finds much of any meaning in physical pleasure or pure entertainment. So a life of video games, drugs, and sex would leave me miserable (seriously). Those are the answers that I got in my earlier thread, and I think it reflects partially on the age of the board.

What I want to do with my life is to give my life meaning. That’s not to say I don’t want to have fun (listed above) also.

Seems simple enough, but it begs the question “what do you find meaning in?”.

To a certain extent, I find meaning simply in producing – earning and accumulating wealth. I find meaning in this because producing/self-sufficiency is the primary and most fundamental of requirements and is a direct reflection on ability and innovation. I guess that means at the end of the day if I see a big bank account I can feel like I accomplished something with my life - especially if I can use that money to help influence the course of the US political landscape, either through direct involvement or just donations.

But success isn’t enough. It has to come in the right way. I want to know that I literally helped shape the course of human innovation. That sounds like a big requirement, but it really doesn’t have to be much. I could argue that I’ve already accomplished that goal, but the larger the impact, the more satisfying. I’ve taken this goal rather literally and put myself in a career that takes me to the edge of human exploration. The work that I do helps answer one of the most fundamental questions human beings have ever asked “are we alone in the universe”. If I could directly help answer that question, you could shoot me in the head at that moment and I’d die happy.

I also find a great deal of meaning in having children and want to have at least 4, at least 1 of which I want to be adopted. Aside from the genetic significance of creating a human being out of the combination of your own traits and that of your favorite person, children offer the opportunity to really impact the future. I understand that children don’t always turn out the way you expect, but hey, if I have enough of them, one of them is bound to turn out well right? Adopting also looks like a great way to help people while also bringing yourself a lot of happiness.

I also base the desire to have children on empirical evidence. I have friends who have gotten married and chosen not to have children, and I have friends who have chosen not to get married or have children. I find all of them to be bored with life. They’re constantly trying to find something to do, some adventure to take to help give their life meaning – to fill the void that children leave behind. Often I see their attempts to create adventures for themselves to be a bit contrived. I can’t imagine extracting any meaning from that. I mean, I don’t want to be looking back over my life and trying to extract meaning from experiences. I’d much prefer to look for meaning in accomplishment. By contrast, my married friends with children seem to be much more content with their lives. Don’t get me wrong, they all seem a bit overwhelmed by the responsibilities of having a family. But it really seems like the final step to adulthood. And I really do think I’d get bored without that challenge.

There are plenty of things I want to do in retirement, lots of experiences I’d like to accumulate. I want to travel, I want to continue painting, playing music, writing, etc. But I doubt I’ll do much in retirement that I can take much meaning from. It seems that that is the time to make adventures for yourself – when you’ve accomplished enough.

Oh, great-- another infarktion.

Just ban everyone next time.

This is such an expansive question that it is rather hard to answer in one post, although it is also interesting to be able to also answer it with a succinct phrase.

The selfishness of my purpose is rather shocking, but it also contains a large amount of truth. Many people devote a lot of their time, energy and funds to help others, but I can't imagine doing such things if I haven't sufficiently satisfied myself. I am not living my life for the well-being of others, my primary goal is to make myself as happy as possible.

From there you can take different paths though. For instance, if directly helping others completes your own happiness, then I can fully see purpose in your existence in the lives of others. My priorities rely on a more independant being. I can't direct my life along a certain plan if it doesn't actually satisfy that primary happiness.

I've never been happier from an academic standpoint than right now. I am a bit above average across the board, but I am certainly enjoying the workload and am consuming everything my intructors say to the fullest extent. I do feel I need a bit of a scare to set me in line in certain time management aspects, but so far I am staying afloat. That being said, I can't quite dictate where my life will go after school. I saw myself enjoying design school, and that was a very correct prediction. I see myself enjoying a car design job, which I have been aspiring to do my entire life. I hope that prediction can be fulfilled by both actually landing such a job, and that it will bring me my envisioned happiness.

I have a tendency to becoming attached to particular women for the wrong reasons. It may have something to do with the fact that I have an abnormal respect and love for holding on to what I have, which was probably a product of when my mother luckily survived a stroke when I was 15. That year was caused so much stress for me, with that occurance followed imediately with some very shaky instability with both my parents' incomes. We all survived, and I gained immense self-knowledge and changed a great deal as a person. I lost some friends during and after that period because I matured more in a matter of months than my friends have in their lifetimes. I hold on to the affection that others give me, often when that affection is so partial and doesn't contain any long-term meaning. I have hurt myself and unfortunately others through similar experiences.

This all means that I cannot at all predict where I will be or with whom I will be in a few years. It all depends on how much I have made myself happy or not.

PS - thanks for the great thread, this is the kind of content that I think GTP needs.

Great post exige.

I'll keep it short and sweet; my real motivation in life is to recreate the type of family I grew up in for my children. I couldn't think of anything that would make me happier.

Well, since some people in my life seem to think that I know exactly what I want, I guess this is a good thread for me...

The first and most important thing on my mind as of right now is to get done with College and gain my teaching certification. From there on the path can split in three different directions; 1) Teach in Grand Rapids at Forest Hills or maybe Kentwood, 2) Teach out-of-state, preferably in the American Southeast, 3) Work PR for General Motors or Ford.

I would prefer to stay in Western Michigan if at all possible, however. The problem is, the economy is tanking, jobs are going out-of-state, and things just aren't generally as good as they used to be in many circumstances. This being said, I would prefer to stay if at all possible, help make a difference, but I am not completely against moving away for a short time before returning to Michigan to start a family.

Economically speaking, I'm not striving for the outermost bounds just to get my hopes up. I'm personally thinking that $40,000 a year for me personally would be great, live in a pretty modest two-bedroom home with a nice Pontiac or Volkswagen out front. Do my teaching for six or seven hours a day, have summers off, get great benefits, doesn't seem like a bad idea.

As far as starting a family goes, I'm not even worried about it until I'm ready, and quite honestly, I really don't even want to consider it until I'm at least 30 years old. That way I know I can "afford" children, have lived enough of my life to make me feel good, and generally makes things "fair" for the wife and kids as time progresses. I wouldn't want any more than two kids, preferably both boys, and would prefer to get them into a nice public school so that they may have the same opportunities I had when I was a kid.

Basically, I'm not striving for the ultimate in everything; But enough to keep me happy is always something good.

===

The wild card is always dependant on the brother; If his plans to open up a car shop works out, I may get called-up to run the office portion of the shop, and that of course could have drastic changes in store for me and my plans (thus far).

I'm joining the Army this summer and doing basic training, then getting into college. I'm still not 100% sure what I want to do after college, whether it'd be Military Police or being in an Anti-Terrorism force, or maybe something completely different.. I'll see when the time comes I suppose. Other than that, I'm not looking too far into the future.

Well, I guess the problem is I am unmotivated. Because of that I chose a major in the college of business instead of engineering. So I chose what I think will be an easier and shorter path that will get me out of college more quickly. Currently I am majoring in accounting, so if I don't switch it, it seems like an open major and if I want to continue my education I can get a master's degree and become a CPA.

I guess right now I am motivated to get through college, so I can begin working on the rest of my life. I guess I want to get started on my career and be able to manage my money and what not. As for family, I'm leaning towards no on children. There are probably already enough people in this world. Ultimately, I would say that my happiness is a great "consideration" in my decisions.

I am gaining an appernticeship with country energy...working at heights of up to 28 metres up a pole on a ladder...well paided but very dangerous

This weekend I had some time to myself. I had a few thoughts in my head, and decided to tell one of my longtime friends that I had feelings for her, but that I wish her the best in life regardless of what comes between us. As to be expected, she made a nice response but doesn't have the same feelings in return. So, we both hope things will be back to being just friends as normal. She's laying low right now, and I won't raise any mention of it for a week or so. I felt great having said that. It was like a weight was lifted from me. I finally learned that I need to be comfortable with myself and honest to myself and those around me. I'll only live once, so I need to tell people what I really feel before it's too late.
Saturday, I went to the Fargo Air Museum. I rekindled a longtime dream of mine, which is to learn to fly a plane. It too felt great, as my life had a direction. I've felt so overwhelmed with a rough transition to college life and uncertainty with my major. I have no clue what my long term goals are.
Here's what I want to do with my life: I want to do the best I can in whatever career field I choose. I want to learn to fly a plane. That stems from a lifelong fascination with anything that flies. I was planning to go to Kansas State University-Salina's flight school a couple years ago, but my parents talked me out of it. It seemed like anything I thought I wanted to do my parents would talk me out of. I want to get married and have a couple kids. I'm the third in my family, but there is an 18 and 21 year gap between my sisters and I. I was so jealous of my friend growing up, as he had a sibling his age. Between my two sisters, they've got five kids. I love babysitting all of them, (Except the oldest, he's 15, and we hang out) and can't really imagine not raising a child or two in my lifetime.

I'm never sure, my Asberger's Syndrome means constant interest changes, but at the moment i've been thinking along the lines of either a Racing Driver, a Car Designer, or a Pro Wrestler on WWE! Not that a 15 year-old can do any of those jobs!

Right then..

Money + Career

Well I'm looking at a part time course in Photography at college next year to go alognside work after I dropped out of Sixth Form in '06. Once the 24 week course has finished I'll look for a job in the field and start learning advanced techniques. I'm aiming to get into motorsport photography, meaning I get to travel around the world, catching various races. The inspiration simply comes from just seeing pictures of all kinds of motorsport, the way they capture the action and passion of the sport is awesome. I want to achieve that too.

As for money, enough to raise a pension wiill keep me happy right now. Of course a lottery win wouldn't go to waste either. ;)

Family

I want to be with my current girlfriend untill the end of time! I love her dearly (Even when she decides to act as a blindfold during a race at UKGTP8..) and it would kill me if we ever broke up. As for the future, I'd love to have kids, but only when we can afford it. Every day I see young couples only a few years older than myself with kids and all I see is them at eachother's throats. I think it would be a terrible enviroment to bring a child up in. So yeah kids in the future for sure, I reckon I could be a fine father, I probably wont be as serious as Laura (Hides) but at the same time, I want to make sure they wont leave the straight and narrow.

Personal + Health

It's safe to say I'm a big lad, 6ft 4, 275+ pounds, I used to be a skinny runt untill my teen's (Can be read about in a different thread..). I think I need to lose some of the weight not before long as I don't particually want to look forward to heart problems in my later years. I hope I achieve 70 years atleast on this planet (Maybe a few more on another ;)).

I see myself moving out of the country with Laura if she agrees (We have spoken about it.. Alot) maybe to a place like Canada or New Zealand. Somewhere that just keeps it's nose out of things.

Finally, I don't see myself ever acting my age. I'm immature to the point where I still laugh when I see a Chinese menu with "Wang" featured in it and I plain love my trampoline. Only last Sunday I brought a used Nintendo 64 with Pokemon Stadium..

Carreer
I'll go serving the army just after christmas (we must join the army) , I dont know what to do after that. I had the idea to go to the police academy where army service is required, but maybe I'll stay in the army as officer candiate since I am in a very good physical (and mental) condition for that kind of work.
I just dont want to sit behind a desk all day long in front of a computer writing bills or answering customer questions for the rest of my life just to buy stuff required for living, I want a job that makes sense and is also fun, life is too long for having a bad job.

Life/Family
Other than getting a job that fits me well I cant think of any other targets in my live. I dont have any plans for ''creating a family'', most girls I know are either dumb but beautiful or pretty but ''hussies'' so I quit looking for someone to love. I finally decided that in my life girls are not needed to accomplish important tasks and targets and dont even play a supporting role.

Health:
I am in a perfect mental and physical shape (6'ft tall, 202 pounds), so I dont have any plans to make improvements. Except extending my training maybe.

Thats it.

I personally plan on trying to get over with high school. I am a junior now in high school. I want to get a bit better in my BMX riding and hopefully get a sponsorship with any big name company like Animal, Odyssey, Shadow Conspiracy, or Sunday!. But if they don't give me enough benefits, financial wise or health wise, I want to go to college for a business degree. Eventually after those years go by, I want to open up my own bike shop with some kind of indoor skatepark that will be atleast 10,000 square feet.

If I can't get the skatepark or the sponsorship or even open up my own shop or own my business... I want to just go to college for computers. Either fixing the hardware and stuff or computer science. And I want to also get a license to be a home dealer. As in... Getting cars dropped off at your house and you sell them or something privately. I know a security guard in my school who does it and he says he can't be happier. He says the money is great too.

That's what I really wanna do, but I mean what ever happens, then it happens. I want to just have a simple life with great friends 👍

Family wise. I want to get married eventually and have children. But I don't wanna think too ahead of myself ;)

I know my likes and dislikes, but as far as making a plan, I don't have a clue.
I think it helps if you understand your own morality very well. My moral values have gone a long way in steering me towards the best way to use my skills and my likes/dislikes.

I want kids... 3, ideally. I dont know why it needs to be 3, but it definitely can't be 1. Reason being is that I personally have a hard time imagining what my life would be like if I was an only child.

[…]

How's that Sage?
Great! Except that part about being an only child ;) – I’m an only child, and I loved it.

PS - thanks for the great thread, this is the kind of content that I think GTP needs.
No prob. :)

Bee
I think I need to loose some of the weight […]
You can lose some weight, but don’t lose your grammar. ;)

Back