What does everyone here do for work?

Hey guys just bored at work today so i'm posting a thread on what all us gt freaks do to pay the bills and keep that ps2 a playin..... i'll start out

I work for holiday inn as a floor manager... basically i watch over 6-700 agent a day that take reservation calls for all the hotels.

And as this has nothing at all to do with GT4 its getting moved to the Rumble Strip.

BTW - For me I'm an Automotive Training Consultant

Regards

Scaff

If you are interested, you can always click on peoples names, and view their public profile. Some have their jobs listed there.

I´m a scaffolder btw.

Job Site Supervisor/Construction Manager.

Previously, I worked in an Architectural Firm, as a designer/Construction Document guy. Basically an Architect, just not having passed the test.

I've worked in telecommunications all my working life, I've done everything from sales, to a telephone engineer. Right now I still work in the telecoms and internet market but I'm currently being paid for doing next to nothing at all for 4 hours a day. I'm supposed to be a CRS system technician, but other than run the odd report I rarely have to do much else. There's 4 of us on our team and besides browsing the web our typical day consists of playing card game, having 3 or 4 tea breaks and heavy flirting with the girl on the team with the odd bit of work in between.

I'm a Graphic Designer/Design Manager at the moment but i'm so bored of that so i'm currently taking my Financial Advisers exams and looking for a career change.

i currently work in an asylum for challenged people. i have to do this for 9 months (till 30. of september). afterwards i don't know......

viper

I manage a lettings agency. Also looking for a career change preferably as a window cleaner at the Playboy mansion.

i currently work in an asylum for challenged people.
Yeah, sure, you work there....

I'm a "Learning Outreach Worker," what ever that means. I basically show folk how to use PCs and office applications and get them through their ECDL*/ Advanced ECDL.

Our website with a daft talking head.

* European Computer Driving License. Its known as ICDL in the US.

I'm a credit analyst specializing in high risk credit and agriculture. I also adjudicate vehicle lease applications for a sister company.

I’ve been a private math tutor, an employee at The Tutoring Center (awful, awful place – if you have children who need tutoring, don’t even consider taking them to that hellhole), and a cashier at Sears. Right now I’m just a student; hopefully I’ll be working at a biotech firm a few years down the road.

I am a project coordinator for a media research firm that specializes in research for PR. Basically we watch television and radio for clients so if they get mentioned they can request a video or transcript.

As a project coordinator I keep in contact with clients mostly. Most of our jobs involve a lot of watching TV, and getting paid for it.

I'm currently a full-time student working nearly full-time at Steve and Barry's as a "head cashier" (let the Employee of the Month jokes fly!) at our Grand Rapids location. My responsibilities are indeed varied, and kinda change day-to-day depending on who is at the store. Technically speaking, I'm 6th in line in terms of authority at our store, behind our three managers and two key holders (assistant managers). My basic duties are too keep the cashiers and floor associates in line, fix any problems that arise at the front desk, and occasionally manage my own "B-team" to get a particular project completed.

Nine times out of then I manage to stay off a register as I normally am better suited to getting things done on the floor of the store. Generally I'm in charge of the two tee-shirt walls, our Starbury section, and our Men's denim section. For the most part that is done because thats what I've been working with for over two years, and I'm one of the only people who know how to do almost everything "right" in most sections (esp those listed above).

Sure, working in retail sucks, but I've had more than enough fun there. I've been looking to get a new job (maybe), as an opportunity has arisen to sell Volkswagens, Volvos, and Mercedes' for a living. I'm not sure if I want to do it, given the unpredictability of the car market at the moment, however I'm still looking into it, and would gladly work there if they needed help.

C-17 Loadmaster in the USAF. I supervise aerial transport guys loading stuff onto the jet and make sure it's loaded/secured properly, and then I ride with the pilots to the cargo's destination and make sure it's offloaded properly. I get paid to fly from party to party all over the world.👍

When I finish my degree I'm going to OTS and then to pilot training so I can be a C-17 pilot like my dad.

I absolutely love my job!

I work at the local Cinema as a Main Cashier/Floor Staff. I mainly sell the tickets but also make sure people find their seats ok and tidy up the screens after each showing.

Poor pay, but the people there are really nice. :) Free movies isn't half bad either..

I'm currently a full-time student working nearly full-time at Steve and Barry's as a "head cashier" (let the Employee of the Month jokes fly!) at our Grand Rapids location. My responsibilities are indeed varied, and kinda change day-to-day depending on who is at the store. Technically speaking, I'm 6th in line in terms of authority at our store, behind our three managers and two key holders (assistant managers). My basic duties are too keep the cashiers and floor associates in line, fix any problems that arise at the front desk, and occasionally manage my own "B-team" to get a particular project completed.

Nine times out of then I manage to stay off a register as I normally am better suited to getting things done on the floor of the store. Generally I'm in charge of the two tee-shirt walls, our Starbury section, and our Men's denim section. For the most part that is done because thats what I've been working with for over two years, and I'm one of the only people who know how to do almost everything "right" in most sections (esp those listed above).

Sure, working in retail sucks, but I've had more than enough fun there. I've been looking to get a new job (maybe), as an opportunity has arisen to sell Volkswagens, Volvos, and Mercedes' for a living. I'm not sure if I want to do it, given the unpredictability of the car market at the moment, however I'm still looking into it, and would gladly work there if they needed help.
Steve and Barry's carry the Marbury's budget clothing line, so I was looking for one. Turns out they don't have a single store in Oregon!

Josh, I forgot you were a C-17 loadie. I worked with a C-5 loadie from Dover AFB when we were designing some of the buildings needed to bring a C-17 wing here. The Globmaster should be joining the local C-5 wing here in a year or two.

And, on the original topic, I'm an architect. I design all manner of buildings from small private residences to simulator buildings for the Air Force.

My official title is Animal Carer. I work at a Dog Boarding/Training and Cattery place, and I look after peoples Dogs and Cats. It's pretty fun, and I enjoy it, although I got pretty nicely bitten last week.

In more recent news, I found out an hour a go I'm going to University (College) and doing 'Multimedia and Multimedia Technology'. Last year I actually intended to do Network Engineering, as I have done all of my CCNA, but in the end I thought it was boring and wasn't really what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.

I'm an Assistant Serivce Manager at a big 'ol Lexus dealer:

I drive Lexuses (and other cars, if the chance arrives)
Listen to, and type up complaints
Write out loaner contracts
Sell services/parts/stuff
Call you back to sell more stuff
Make phone calls
Set appointments
Bring up cars
Order parts
Call-in extended service claims (and wait on hold)
Accept/reject warranty claims
Accept/reject meetings with zone office management
Cash out customers
Wash cars (a surprisingly relaxing time-killer)
Call people back to see how their work is
Call technicians to check on the cars
Call parts to see if parts are available, or how much
Follow-up on other service writers' work that hasn't achieved my skill level and title
Hear lots of noises from car horns, obnoxious people, tiny dogs, impact wrenches
Chit-chat to customers about cars and stuff
And wear a smile that's usually 90%-real and 10%-fake.

I can deal surprisingly adeptly to the crying of a baby thanks to this job. Also, the benefits are wonderful, the pay isn't too shabby, and the prestige is surprisingly nice from people I meet. Plus I get nice discounts on car repair, and I can get my car repaired or washed (although I usually prefer to do it myself) while I work.

I'm a Senior Integration Technician for Alcon Labs, one of the largest eye care corporations in the world.

Specifically, I work at the Orlando Technology Center, buidling and testing the LADARWave wavefront device for accurately measuring the visual abberations of the eye prior to refractive corrective laser eye surgery using the LADARVision System.

Alcon Labs is partially owned by the Nestlé Corporation, and the benefits are some of the best in the industry.

I work at Best-Buy in the Digital Imaging Dept.
I also play in a band (well 4, AssNynE, XeroSanity, Fryday, & Dj Spock), and since we get paid (in all 4), I guess thats also a job.

Bee
I work at the local Cinema as a Main Cashier/Floor Staff. I mainly sell the tickets but also make sure people find their seats ok and tidy up the screens after each showing.

Poor pay, but the people there are really nice. :) Free movies isn't half bad either..

hah. I did that in high school. Except I didnt really do it. We would just sweep all the crap under the seats and throw Icees at the screens. good times.

I'm an Assistant Serivce Manager at a big 'ol Lexus dealer:

I drive Lexuses (and other cars, if the chance arrives)
Listen to, and type up complaints
Write out loaner contracts
Sell services/parts/stuff
Call you back to sell more stuff
Make phone calls
Set appointments
Bring up cars
Order parts
Call-in extended service claims (and wait on hold)
Accept/reject warranty claims
Accept/reject meetings with zone office management
Cash out customers
Wash cars (a surprisingly relaxing time-killer)
Call people back to see how their work is
Call technicians to check on the cars
Call parts to see if parts are available, or how much
Follow-up on other service writers' work that hasn't achieved my skill level and title
Hear lots of noises from car horns, obnoxious people, tiny dogs, impact wrenches
Chit-chat to customers about cars and stuff
And wear a smile that's usually 90%-real and 10%-fake.

I can deal surprisingly adeptly to the crying of a baby thanks to this job. Also, the benefits are wonderful, the pay isn't too shabby, and the prestige is surprisingly nice from people I meet. Plus I get nice discounts on car repair, and I can get my car repaired or washed (although I usually prefer to do it myself) while I work.
You gotta do all that? I work in Retail Parts, and at our dealership, you'll need people from at least 3, 4 different positions to cover all those tasks!

At the moment I work at a machine/robot/assembly shop alongside my dad. I'm basically the helper guy, doing whatever simple, unskilled stuff needs to be done.

When I started I was doing assembly and basic wiring on a conveyor system for a local GE factory. It was a conveyor that moved refrigerators, I believe. Now I usually machine simple parts on a mill, which surprised me when my boss suggested I do that since I have no machining skill at all. My dad has about 35 years of it though, so he helps me out a lot.

The job is terrible, by the way. The money is alright for my current lifestyle, but nothing more. At the end of the day you stink and are covered with tiny little metal shavings that love to splinter your hands, and I get to hang out with older guys who always tell me "Stay in school, because you don't want to do this the rest of your life." At least now I have two jobs that I can go back to pretty much whenever I want!

Back