What does race modding you car do?

• Thread starter huyster
  • 6 comments
Look, GT is a game not just about trading and racing, but about setup. If you buy for example Turbos, the hp dramatically rises thus the car goes faster. Tyres on the other hand give more grip. I'm not going to go through all of the different components, but buy sort out the handling first (unless you are a racing supreme). Check out others laps to compare if you want (Challenges & Races). Everything has it's purpose, and if you read the info by the parts, you can find this.
After that, when in the race pre-start menu, go to settings, and you can adjust the settings of the car (ride-height, camber etc.) This isn't as important at this stage, but you can also take off/put on parts which you have bought. From the fact that you feel they cost a lot suggests to me that you don't have much money (I have 99mil.-sry to boast). You will find that these changes make it easier to win (and get more money). Then you can buy more parts, making the car better, and win more races, and so on. That is the game of GT. Hopefully this will help you. If you have any problems, message me.

Originally posted by danpollard
U R new to the game aren't you?

A brilliantly useless reply.

No I'm not new to the game.
I do know how to modify the cars with the standard upgrades, thank you.
I asked what the Racing Modification adds to the standard upgrade option other than the paint jobs.

Judging by your arrogant tone, maybe you should get out more and spend less time playing GT2, mate.

Sorry, huyster, no lecture from me! I'm just gonna try to answer your question. The race modification lightens your car even further than Stage 3 weight reduction, spiffs up the body, and allows you to adjust the front & rear downforce. It is relatively expensive, but it's a 3-in-1 upgrade! And enjoy it while you can, it's gone in GT3...

Originally posted by CrackHoor
Sorry, huyster, no lecture from me! I'm just gonna try to answer your question. The race modification lightens your car even further than Stage 3 weight reduction, spiffs up the body, and allows you to adjust the front & rear downforce. It is relatively expensive, but it's a 3-in-1 upgrade! And enjoy it while you can, it's gone in GT3...

Thanks CrackHoor, that was the kind of info I wanted!
I also have GT3 and you're right, the race mod option has been removed; which is a bit of a shame as the racing paint jobs looks great.

No way. I loved that feature in GT2 'cause it does make a huge difference in performance and variety in color not to mention the replays are spiced up. I hope they reconsider for GT4!

Back