What F1 really need is....

• Thread starter Beelzebub
  • 17 comments
yeah thats a nice video... good music. but we all know f1 needs more passing. most drivers just cant pull off that level of racing though even if they had cars that could do that. 2 problems. one the fia doesnt know how to solve and one they cant.

what, needs really old videos?

;) Dijon '79 is nothing without the commentary.

Funny, everyone always refers to this 1 event. Remember, this has only happened on very few occasions. Battles like this are amazing because they don’t happen all the time.

Blake

Yea, but it's easy to say F1 needs that. That's like saying F1 needs another Prost vs Senna. Well YEA, F1 does need another one of that, but it's only happened throughout history very few times. You can't just say that's what it needs. It's the draw of the luck.

MustangSVT
It's the draw of the luck.
That did NOT make any sense, I must've been on drugs.

BTW, if next year, we can get..

Schumacher vs Raikkonen vs Alonso

Then yea that'd be like feckin drugs. Yall remember the train at Suzuka with those 3 right? Now we need some more stuff like that and a tad more passing, boo yea F1 just got a whole lot better. 💡 💡

It's not the draw of luck, it's the draw of balls. Big, ambitious cojones.

Anyway, It meant it's like drugs because if it happened every race, it wouldn't be as spectacular. When the brain gets a high, it strives to repeat that high. However, the more times you see the high, the less high it is. Therefore, it puts you lower and lower. Metaphorically speaking, this process would bore the spectacle that was Dijon '79 if we saw the same thing every single race.

But i'm for it, anyway. As long as it's for the good of the sport.

If the FIA wants to increase overtaking, then they should take a look at the 2007 Champ Car (Panoz DP01).

Compared to the current Champ Car, the 2007 Champ Car will have larger tunnels, increased ground effects, and smaller wings. The new Champ Car will create much less "dirty air" which would allow a car to get up right behind another car without losing grip.

If the FIA wants to increase overtaking, then they should allow teams to once again use ground effects. They also need to reduce the size of the wings, and make sure every car only has a front and rear wing. The wings create the dirty air.

Widening some of the tracks is also a good idea. Some of the tracks are just way too narrow.

And bring back slicks and tire changes. I wanna see a driver push his/her car to its limit instead of worrying about the tires.

most recently passes have been done in the pits...but this season..In myopinion, Ive seen lots of exciting races. For me the best so far this year were the battle between Alonso and M. Schumacher at Imola, it was no Dijon...but again that was in the 70's and this is now. And then the pass that Alonso did on Schumacher in Suzuka at the freakin 130R!!!, and then the pass kimi did on Giancarlo. There were many others this season but I cannot remember. I myself enjoyed it. But I may be alone on this one.

Anyone has the video with the commentaries?

Also, where can I find the highlights of the Suzuka GP, I did not have the chance to see it.

ok the chances of overtaking have gone off the roof :D now that teams can change tyres then.....full throttle now, not too leanient on tyre reservation :)
Can\'t wait for 2006, and also the world cup :D

Latest Posts

Back