what features would you like to see when PS2 goes online

• Thread starter Tank
  • 9 comments
The most important feature for me would be the ability to upload and downoad save games like you can do with Dreamcast. Is the PS2 web browser still in the works?

downloadable add ons, like cars anbd stuff.

On NFS 3 and 4 you can download cars that people make.

So they could do the same for GT3 and/or 4. Also track editor, parts editor. The usual.

Originally posted by MazKid

So they could do the same for GT3 and/or 4. Also track editor, parts editor. The usual.

This is impossable, because. unless PS2 games have to be installed, or PS2 gets a HD and the CDs can register new cars off it. Companies dont like ppl doing that because of license issues, so its really impossable (BUT For TXR2 JP Ver. on DC there WERE 2 Downloadable cars)

Originally posted by MazKid

l make cars for nfs highstakes, tho the graphic engine is old compared to newer games like GT3 :(

my homepage has over 100nfs cars, mainly australian cars.

http://aussiemuscle.totalnfs.net

All im interested in is playing other people online and woopin some butt. :D :D

Originally posted by NocturnalPS
All im interested in is playing other people online and woopin some butt. :D :D
For what ever game, racing, Strategy, RPG.

Originally posted by MistaX

This is impossable, because. unless PS2 games have to be installed, or PS2 gets a HD and the CDs can register new cars off it. Companies dont like ppl doing that because of license issues, so its really impossable (BUT For TXR2 JP Ver. on DC there WERE 2 Downloadable cars)

Its definatly not impossible, the Dreamcast did it all the time.

Sonic adventure you could download things and it would make it change. New levels, christmas items and stuff like that.

Chu Chu Rocket, you could down load characters to replace the cats and mice, and tuen them in to little chaos and pians.

Its not like PC addons where the consumer has the whole program that their disposal. The consumers have no way of making addons for the console games, because they dont have the devkits that the games where made on. Only the game companies themselves do (and the system manufacturers)

So downloading new tracks, levels, cars, blah blah blah, is entirely possible(once the HDD comes out)

But even with out the HDD, i'm sure theres a way for a car or maybe a level to be downloaded onto the memory card and the game recognize it.

Originally posted by MistaX

, or PS2 gets a HD and the CDs can register new cars off it. )

I heard PS2 was getting a HD, in the new future. Someone told me thats what the blank spot was in the PS2, space for the HD.

Anyways... I am just racing or playing people over the internet. Doesn't really matter to me if there are cool new features... Just give me the option to play someone in UK in something.

Back