What Game Next People?

right i need a new game, i am still playing GT3 and GTA3 but i need something else please help me!!
i have GT3
GTA3
MOTO GP
SMUGGLERS RUN
MADDEN 2001

and i am in the uk, so don't suggest MGS2 otherwise i will have to open up a can of whoop A$$ on you, i need that game so bad!!!!!!

yeh i have tried WRC, good rally game, prob the best so far IMO, but i was bored after an evenings playing, not enough to keep me coming back for more........
i have got my eyes on, STATE OF EMERGENCY, MOTO GP2 and THE GETAWAY, all of which are a little way away..

Burnout might be worth a look - although if there was ever a game that warranted the description 'mixed reviews' this would be it.

I have it and really enjoy it, but admit it is likely to have limited life - there is something comforting at a soul level about crashing someone else's car though...

Originally posted by vat_man
Burnout might be worth a look - although if there was ever a game that warranted the description 'mixed reviews' this would be it.

I have it and really enjoy it, but admit it is likely to have limited life - there is something comforting at a soul level about crashing someone else's car though...

i almost bought that today, but £40 is such alot of money on a gamble, i love the idea but gta3 does it for me on the letting out the anger...maybe i will wait and get it when it is reduced or secondhand?

Originally posted by HUDSONJONES

i almost bought that today, but £40 is such alot of money on a gamble, i love the idea but gta3 does it for me on the letting out the anger...maybe i will wait and get it when it is reduced or secondhand?

Not a bad idea at all - I think there's a good chance people will get through it quickly and then sell it.

Must confess I avoid the electronic shops like the plague at this time of year (bloody kids!) so I'm not really up on what's out there at the moment - but then being in Australia we're probably three months behind anyway...

and i am in the uk, so don't suggest MGS2 otherwise i will have to open up a can of whoop A$$ on you, i need that game so bad!!!!!!

I can feel your pain... :( (same goes for AC04, GIMME THAT GAME... AAAAAARHG)

How about Tony Hawks 3 ? I have heard that it is a very big game that will take ages to complete, so it should keep you busy till MGS2 comes out . Well worth £40 IMO :)

Originally posted by rufrgt_sn00pie2001
Tony Hawk 3 indeed! Or you might want to try Lotus Challenge.

I hated Lotus Challenge - bizarre handling and dud graphics - and what was the caper with the story line - kicking penalty goals with the car? Huh?!?

Don't buy Burnout, you will be unhappy. Handleing is touchy, car number is minimal, gameplay is sorta confusing(how much do I crash, should I just race?), it's too much of an arcade game.

I have GT3, GTA3, and midnight club.

I would go with a Nascar game. Graphics are good, gameplay is great and lasts long, and they are fun to play.

You can race though the whole season, or just part of the season, and you can choose how long the races are, so, you could have the normal number of laps, and only race 1 race a day.

And if all else fails, start a race and turn around and drive the wrong way. Go as fast as you can and turn into the speeding mass of 40 or so cars. The pileup that happens will make Burnout look like a fenderbender.

I'm not a a fan of Nascar, but I think that the games are great.

Well dont buy extreme G-3. THe game is CRAZY hard, and not that fun. I havent bought a game since GT3, but I might get the new wipeout i they ever bring it to the states.

Originally posted by Sole

I can feel your pain... :( (same goes for AC04, GIMME THAT GAME... AAAAAARHG)

Well I have this game and trust me just hold out long enough cause this game totally rocks! The graphics are so freaking awesome! I have finally un-locked the last airplane and it rocks! Also, I am on the last mission which lasts like 23 minutes then when the countdown hits zero you get a mission update and the clock resets itself to like 13 minutes since you have to dog fight your enemy squadren. :( This game will take a few hours to complete. Boy oh boy its fun. :)

Originally posted by ViperConcept

Well I have this game and trust me just hold out long enough cause this game totally rocks! The graphics are so freaking awesome! I have finally un-locked the last airplane and it rocks! Also, I am on the last mission which lasts like 23 minutes then when the countdown hits zero you get a mission update and the clock resets itself to like 13 minutes since you have to dog fight your enemy squadren. :( This game will take a few hours to complete. Boy oh boy its fun. :)

Really .... I've always loved flight sims on consoles. I'll have to check this out.

~LoudMusic

Originally posted by LoudMusic

Really .... I've always loved flight sims on consoles. I'll have to check this out.

~LoudMusic

last flight sims I played on a console were Pilotwings and StarWing (StarFox) on the SNES :D

But MAN I NEED TO PLAY AC04.. I downloaded some movies and my jaw just droped about 3 feet because of the awsome graphics/music :D

Originally posted by rufrgt_sn00pie2001
Tony Hawk 3 indeed! Or you might want to try Lotus Challenge.

tony hawk hmmm might give that a go, as for lotus challenge, no way, almost as bad as driving emotion type s, did anyone play that?

and this AC04, is it that good and when is it out in the uk.

tony hawk hmmm might give that a go, as for lotus challenge, no way, almost as bad as driving emotion type s, did anyone play that?

Yeah, picked Driving Emotion S up secondhand - it was a shocker, very weird steering. It did look okay, but I never figured out how to handle the steering. The only driving game I never got to grips with.

Originally posted by Sole

last flight sims I played on a console were Pilotwings and StarWing (StarFox) on the SNES :D

But MAN I NEED TO PLAY AC04.. I downloaded some movies and my jaw just droped about 3 feet because of the awsome graphics/music :D

When your flying the graphics rock! But whenever you crash your plane and it shows replays it will amaze you! :eek: You can choose lke 7 different camera angles to veiw you plane flying! :eek: I think this is the best flight sim out!

Seeing as how everyone is talking about flight sims you should check out Star Wars Starfighter. Best graphics(except for AC4)of any PS2 game. Runs at 60fps.

You also might like Ridge Racer 5. Also runs at 60fps.

right i need a new game, i am still playing GT3 and GTA3 but i need something else please help me!!
i have GT3
GTA3
MOTO GP
SMUGGLERS RUN
MADDEN 2001

Wait for SSX Tricky to come out there! :eek: End of story, trust me.

Back