What happened to the replays?

The one thing I immediately noticed with the replays is that the cars somehow seem less connected to the road than they used to be. That had always been a strong point of GT's replays - not sure what the difference is. The 'improved' suspension movement should enhance the connection rather than detract from it. Maybe it's the shadow rendering. :boggled:

Is there a way to watch the replay from the viewpoint of the AI cars? I can only watch the replay of my race from different angles my car. In GT5, I used to like watching the replay looking back to my car from the AI car in front of me. Also, it sometimes helped (in GT5 anyways) to watch how an AI car takes a corner, or where they accelerate etc.

If you want to learn how not to brake or take a corner then watch a replay from an AI car. :lol:
I presume you must be able to do this, I haven't tried but I'm sure I've seen photos/video said to be taken from AI cars.
So yeah... not a very helpful answer sorry.

Last edited:
Is there a way to watch the replay from the viewpoint of the AI cars? I can only watch the replay of my race from different angles my car. In GT5, I used to like watching the replay looking back to my car from the AI car in front of me. Also, it sometimes helped (in GT5 anyways) to watch how an AI car takes a corner, or where they accelerate etc.

If you watch a replay and press X to bring up the option bar, one of the buttons near the center is for switching to another car.

The one thing I immediately noticed with the replays is that the cars somehow seem less connected to the road than they used to be. That had always been a strong point of GT's replays - not sure what the difference is. The 'improved' suspension movement should enhance the connection rather than detract from it. Maybe it's the shadow rendering. :boggled:
I have only really noticed this on the LCC rocket.

Yes, I think it is mostly the shadows.

I dislike how they "force" you to watch it after every race. Is there a way to turn off that?

Ha ha, and as many people would complain about how long it takes if you had to navigate different screens to get to the replay straight after a race. I can clearly see the logic of 1 button press.

Perhaps "stuttering" is too strong, but I've seen frame rate drops bad enough that it interrupted the enjoyment of the replay.
I retract this previous statement.

I have now absolutely seen frame stuttering. Replay of a NASCAR race on Daytona, with all cars on the field in the shot. Frame rate took a TREMENDOUS hit. It was like watching a rapid slide-show.

...well, it looks like they've addressed at least some of the replay issues. The black splotches / stripes in the corners and sides of the frame are all but gone. You can still see a bit of darkness in the corners if you really look for it, but overall, I'm satisfied with that portion of the replays.

There's still framerate hits with a lot of cars on the field, though. Sadface.

...am I imagining, or have the replays taken a step back again?

Is anyone else noticing a thin grey bar on the right side of the picture? Like you're viewing the replay in a Windows browser, and you can see a bit of the edge peeking in on the right side of the frame.

The one thing I immediately noticed with the replays is that the cars somehow seem less connected to the road than they used to be...Maybe it's the shadow rendering. :boggled:
I think it ism, because if you pause the replay and take a snapshot, the shadows seem more complete - not always when viewing redlected light off the road, but mostly it will render correctly for the stills.

...am I imagining, or have the replays taken a step back again?

Is anyone else noticing a thin grey bar on the right side of the picture? Like you're viewing the replay in a Windows browser, and you can see a bit of the edge peeking in on the right side of the frame.
That's a bug that came with 1.06. Go to your settings and resize your screen.

I'm very happy with GT6 especially the replays but I noticed something the other night I had not seen before and I'm assuming it may have to do with the last update. Watching the replay on the Rainmasters section of races the spray coming off the vehicles is pixelated, it looks horrible, never noticed this before has anyone else noticed this? That's one of the things I was happy about GT6 the fact that they got rid of the awful pixelation of dust and smoke from GT5.
The difference is when taking a photo the pixelation is post processed out.

I'm very happy with GT6 especially the replays but I noticed something the other night I had not seen before and I'm assuming it may have to do with the last update. Watching the replay on the Rainmasters section of races the spray coming off the vehicles is pixelated, it looks horrible, never noticed this before has anyone else noticed this? That's one of the things I was happy about GT6 the fact that they got rid of the awful pixelation of dust and smoke from GT5.
The difference is when taking a photo the pixelation is post processed out.
Particles (smoke, spray, etc) were made more pixelated in 1.06.

Mount panorama is an embarrassment.
Is that really how they want us to remember the ps3? It's a glitch fest with some of the worst aliasing ever, unspeakably terrible shadows, and to top it all it still has frame rate problems.

Gt6 is the worst looking Gran Turismo ever.*

Way to go, photo-mode fans.

*yes, not in direct comparison, but in terms of what the respective consoles are capable of, what works, what you expect.
GT5 is the alltime best looking racer.

Back