what is a good time at rome?

Mike Rotch

Aluminium Overcast
Staff Emeritus
Australia
Down under
No, im not talking that kind of a good time, but what is a respectable time. I did the rome 2hr in a R30 and my quickest was a 1.13xxx izat slow or quick or neither? :confused:

It's not bad for an R30 me thinks... The fastest 4WD times on GT3times is 1.07'ish..

My guess it's a wee tad slow ..but im assuming you used a hard compound tyre as you done the endurance race's this results in slow laps but you need them anyway for the long races..

Go stick some T8's Super soft's on that sucker and try some free runs around Rome..
Try and aim for a time under 1'04.9 it's not the fastest in the world but reasonable..:)

GT2

For Rome full that is a very good time in deed, providing it is not a gamesharked car.

Rome short it would be quite slow yes.

pedrodaman I presume you would have a gamesharked R30 to even achieve that sort of time on GT2. There is no way that car is capable of that sort of lap time. 555hp in the Racing Sihloette. Even the [R] Cerbera could not turn that sort of time in. As a matter of fact I have never seen it close to that sort of numer.

R30 with 1:13's...not bad.

I range from 1:08's with a Cerbera LM to 1:19.5's as the slowest you can go to keep up with the GT500/All-Stars.

First, thanks for the feed back. It was a non-gamesharked R30 using softs. I would like to know the sector times for pedrodaman, cos i cant see where i am losing 10 secs. :)

That was one messed up race. I lapped all the other cars, but, cos i was so far ahead, i backed off around lap 88 to wait out the two hrs. The times ballooned up till about 1:25xxx for about 5 mins. When i crossed the line i was classified as 3.5 secs ahead of the stupid AI venturi, but i was sure i was laps ahead cos the AI cars pitted on lap 85ish and my position never altered thruout the race. Woulda been tears tho....

My appologies Mike am i bad :embarrassed: i did'nt notice that this was a question relating to GT2.. My answer was given for GT3...Sometimes i just go into auto pilot ...:lol:

Again appologies for any confusion ;)

Originally posted by pedrodaman
My appologies Mike am i bad :embarrassed: i did'nt notice that this was a question relating to GT2.. My answer was given for GT3...Sometimes i just go into auto pilot ...:lol:

Again appologies for any confusion ;)

Hahahaha sweet as. I really must quit pouring $1,000's into my damn car and pick up a ps2.

Originally posted by Fogelhund
A 1:08, maybe even 1:07 is possible with the R30 at Rome Full with Supersofts.
You reckon?

I just played with the R30 even more than usual I have managed to get down to a 1:10.896 and that lap had the quickest sector times in 3 out of 4 with the odd one only being .011 different. Mind you I don't use walls or gameshark (don't know how to gameshark anyways).

I would say that is a pretty respectable time indeed your 1:13.xxx

Thanks Razor, and pedrodaman;)

Say razor, can you let me know your rough sector times, so i know where on the track there is time to be made up on my behalf

1:08's would be without walls or game shark.

The times came from old OLR's from the GTF.

Without a great deal of setup work, just a guess, and a gearbox that was slightly too long, on lap 6, I ran the following.

1:09.210 @ 176.43mph

I would guess that 1:07 wouldn't be possible afterall, but probably in the 1:08.4 to .5 would be about as good as it gets.

Smokes. Thanks for the sector times, I'll play with the set up and give it horns. Were you running super softs too?

Incidentally, i did a 1.14xxx at ss5 in the famous R30. izat good/bad?

I tried this a few days ago, but I couldn't get much better than 1:12.7??. Dunno if I had SS tires on, I probably did.

smokes. Better slap some super softs on, an get that lousy turn 5 right......stupid hairpin...:irked:

For which track are you referring to Talentless? The settings.

Do you have DEX? I could run another couple of laps, send you a replay, ghost and car if you do.

yeah, but i'm not sure if it works. haven't used it in a year or so. don't fully know how, to be honest. i almost never install things.

rome is the course

i'd prefer the settings. i don't trust electronics on these matters. i can do okay with speed estimates and settings.

I was trying this a few hours ago, and what a piece of (*($^#@ that car is. I've used settings like the one Fogelhund gave me, and more extreme ones, before and have not had such a bad combination of twitchy control and low speed understeer. The car is simply not meant for that course.

yea, that car gets a bad twich out of corners if you try accelarate off a curb. Spins very easily, and usually at the wrong moment

Since I have a pal version I've had to improvise on some of the settings due to the names and values are different. A quick phone call (not really quick) to a mate in the states to get the settings as close as I can to match what you have posted and there is just no way to those sector times are achievable without increasing the hp via a gameshark and or using walls when possible.

Putting the setting back to where I had them orginally and only very minor adjustmentsk, I've managed to get the time down to a 1:10.433.
While I would venture to say there is and always will be room from a little more improvement, unless a screen capture of a replay could be viewed, I and 10 guys who play in a league here all agree. No way Jose`is that car capable of sub 1:09's. If you had posted a 1:09 lap time it may have been more believable, but every single person I know that plays this game has never managed to break the 1:10 lap time with that car.

Back