(What is )Online vs Offline?

• Thread starter Pcaola
  • 7 comments
United States
S.Jersey
Pauly295
Sorry for such an odd, probably old question. I've been doing GT5/GT6 for about 2 years, always a Forum member. For years I've read about "online" vs " offline" physics and I've always assumed "online" applied to multiplayer/ online / lobby racing.
Recently I've read a post or two or three referring to racing A Spec online? Maybe I read it wrong but it raised a question I had assumed an answer to but never asked or looked up.

Does online refer to multiplayer / lobby racing or racing while logged into your PS3 account? Getting the double credits bonus? Vs offline ? Personally, I'm always logged into my PS3 account.

Thanks

Paul

the seasonal events are "Online" too are they not? That is what is meant by "A Spec online." Unless I'm way off base and there's something I'm missing too haha.

Sorry for such an odd, probably old question. I've been doing GT5/GT6 for about 2 years, always a Forum member. For years I've read about "online" vs " offline" physics and I've always assumed "online" applied to multiplayer/ online / lobby racing.
Recently I've read a post or two or three referring to racing A Spec online? Maybe I read it wrong but it raised a question I had assumed an answer to but never asked or looked up.

Does online refer to multiplayer / lobby racing or racing while logged into your PS3 account? Getting the double credits bonus? Vs offline ? Personally, I'm always logged into my PS3 account.

Thanks

Paul
Back in GT5 there was a massive difference in the online offline physics. Eventually a patch made them much closer to identical. In those days the physics difference was only when you played online in lobbies with real other players. The seasonal events used offline physics.
I think in general "online" would refer to racing real people in a lobby like you mentioned.
There always is a few odd ones though ;) if you ask my dad everything on his computer is "online". Makes figuring out what he's talking about really difficult sometimes.

In GT1-4, I always thought there was a noticeable difference between the physics in arcade mode vs. GT mode.

Used to play GT5 almost exclusivly online but not even played once online with GT6,
Is there a difference between online and offline in GT6 too and if so which physics are seasonals using?

Used to play GT5 almost exclusivly online but not even played once online with GT6,
Is there a difference between online and offline in GT6 too and if so which physics are seasonals using?

You don't know what you are missing Phil! There is great fun to be had online racing against your friends - I only play the game (test and practise) so I can get my weekly online fix with friends. If you are interested in classic cars click on my signature - if not go to the racing forum - there is a whole world there to enjoy!

You don't know what you are missing Phil! There is great fun to be had online racing against your friends - I only play the game (test and practise) so I can get my weekly online fix with friends. If you are interested in classic cars click on my signature - if not go to the racing forum - there is a whole world there to enjoy!

Oh yeah mate i know all too well how good online is, as i said i used to play GT5 online.
I played the game every single day for nearly 2 years, i was in the Intercontinental GT500 Championship for 3 seasons here too.

It's a combination of being underwhelmed by GT6, burnt out on GT5 and waiting for an update that was surely coming to fix MR handling and camber that kept me offline.

I have a PS4 now and with Project Cars coming out soon (PS4 gameplay looks how you'd imagine GT7 on PS4) i don't really have the interest.

I'm sorry to say but PD had their chances and blew it time and time again.
The game i love(d) and the sole reason i bought PS1, PS2, PS3 and partly PS4 has just stayed still and let the competition outclass it.

GT7 needs to be better in just about every single area but i just don't have the confidence or faith that PD will do it.

I really want them to prove me wrong because when PD do good they do really good, it's just a pity the bad is really bad.

Project Cars has its own forums and community where the devs actually want your feedback and incorporate it in the game.
With PD you get what you are given, like it or not, with no way to communicate with them.
(The Kaz questions thread is laughable)
"Oh great one, would you be so kind as to take a few minutes of your precious time to answer 3 questions from the peasants who pay your wages? "

Sorry but it's ridiculous in this day and age.

Anyway, that's why:D

Rant over:gtpflag:

Back