what is the best car on gt1

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 1' started by hondacivic24, Feb 17, 2004.

?

what is the best car

1. Gto twinturbo

31 vote(s)
    62.0%
  2. mazda rx-7

7 vote(s)
    14.0%
  3. toyota supra

11 vote(s)
    22.0%
  4. acura nsx

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. hondacivic24

hondacivic24 (Banned)

i think some of the good cars are gto's and supra's/lancers/crx/civics/rx-7 but give me some imput on what you think is the best car

2. Jtek1980

Jtek1980

The Dodge Concept Car. By FAR the best handling car in the game.
    I heard there was another car that would be = to the copper head, but I have yet to see it.

3. Dave A

Dave A Premium

If you cared to look just a few threads down you would see why I'm saying this thread should be closed. It's been said many times that if theres already a thread on a certian topic, don't create another one.

4. heero 12

heero 12

I've driven a GTO '95 twin turbo sideways around High speed ring and won the tuned turbo cup, so it rocks.

5. Darin

Darin (Banned)

Welcome to GTP, Heero 12!

I think the Nissan Special model is pretty good, due too its the LeMans Skyline that raced in 1996.

6. SportWagon

SportWagon Premium

Silvia '88 K's

A starter car which can totally dominate every race it can enter, except perhaps the Mega Speed event. Oh, and and the Normal/Stock series would be a reach, too. (But the Hard-Tuned Series is definitely a walk-over for it).

It has cheap upgrades, too...

7. omni

omni

I can't believe u people . . . the best car in GT is clearly Cerbera LM:cool: :D :O :confused: :banghead:

8. SportWagon

SportWagon Premium

The Cerbera LM can't enter the Hard-Tuned Series.

9. Dave A

Dave A Premium

This thread isn't for the best car that can enter the hard tuned series, just best car.

10. SportWagon

SportWagon Premium

But not being able to enter the Hard-Tuned Series definitely detracts from a car's bestestness.

And apart from that the Cerbera LM is so good it gets boring. In the North American game you'd need to say the [R]Concept Car (UKvsUS prize) is better than the Cerbera LM.

11. SportWagon

SportWagon Premium

Not that I necessarily agree that redundant threads are a total bain, but Best Car in GT1 at https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/t-2952.html is a pretty canonical thread about this topic. If the poster of this here thread wants to get some different opinions, they should check there.

And if you do a search for "car", in titles only, in the GT1 forum only, ordered by number of replies for good measure, you currently find only 25 threads which, yes, will make for a good review of this, and various closely-related topics.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can post a meaningful link to a search result.

12. SportWagon

SportWagon Premium

Here is the ==> search <== I am suggesting.

That is, I did manage to post a meaningful link to the search, after all.

13. HYBRIDLVR

HYBRIDLVR

I personally think the Nissan 400R is better than all 4 of the cars in the Pole in GT1, They get blowned away by the 400R!

14. Mach 10

Mach 10

Just as I thought, the GTO is the best.:rolleyes:

15. heero 12

heero 12

I remember going sideways in my GTO, got so hard after GT2 didn't it?

16. Mach 10

Mach 10

You bet, I never accomplished a good looking drift in gt2:O

17. TMM

TMM

I voted for the GTO, however personal favs are the TVR Cerberra LM, Viper and the Nismo 400R. If only in real life *sigh*

18. g.money

g.money

two-player, arcade cars, Mazda RX-7 or MX-5 if you want a laugh

19. FastPat

FastPat

Yea I have to agree with this guy. The Dodge Copperhead, or the Dode Concept car, it's top speed is well over any of those cars, handles better then a F1 car, and accelerates beyond any car.

Now I say this because I went into a normal enduro and the wheels seemed to be spinning faster then the fame can handle, I went into Hi-Fi mode and that made everything better. Although all those cars are quite fast I think a race between all of them would be a good one.

20. HYBRIDLVR

HYBRIDLVR

I know for a fact that the Nismo 400R will smoke all four of those cars on the Majority of tracks in GT1, The Best car in the game by far is the lightweight Concept Car, Not the Red one that you Win by Earning all Gold licenses! But the Purple or Yellow one you Win in the American VS Races! It will out Excellerate and Out Handle all of those cars in the Pole, Try it out!

21. FastPat

FastPat

I think, THINK, the Purple Copperhead concept car is the best car in GT history it has the speed of the Escudo, the handling of a F1 car, the braking of the Denso Sard in GT3, and it's just insane i would like to see a race between the GT2 Escudo, GT3 F094/s, the GTC Suzuki concept thing (forget the name) and the Dodge Copperhead Concept car.

22. HYBRIDLVR

HYBRIDLVR

That would be some good racing But I don't think the Suzuki GSX-R/4 can keep up around the corners, It's a little loose there! But it will do great on an opened track.

23. FastPat

FastPat

Well we will never know unless they make like a Gran Turismo All star game, OR make some sort of experiment, like choose a track and race each in each game on the the track.

24. TMM

TMM

And measure the lap times against each car on the track. That's OK if you are a consistant driver although I drive better when I have an oponent to beat!

Maybe in GT 4 or more likely GT 5 they will allow us to load the garages from the prevouis games in the series. That was a BIG disappointment to me when I first got GT 2, I hate having start again with a pitiful amount of money, especially when you can't even buy a set of racing tires for your first car. I have now gone through and collected every car that I had in GT to race in GT 2, I have a cheat so I can keep the money I have earned and also a cheat for the number of days I have spent playing the game. I am starting to look at doing the same for GT 3. GT 4 is a distant dream at the moment.

25. TMM

TMM

According to my test track lap the Supra RZ has the top speed @ 411KM/H so that would have to have a good chance at being the best car. However according to 400 Metre test the FTO LM clocks 9:103 with race settings and the 1000 Metre test is again the Supra RZ clocking 16:329 with race settings.

I'm sure with the 400 & 1000 Metre test's that GTO, R32 & Nismo 400 beat those I have listed although I haven't got the data to hand.

26. CARLOVER96

CARLOVER96

I Chose GTO TwinTurbo. Closest Thing To A GTO LM.

27. HYBRIDLVR

HYBRIDLVR

I personally like the LM a Bit better, I got it to do over 1400kmh in only 3rd gear before lauching in to space!

Attached Files:

28. demon of speed

demon of speed

I had GTO green and red versions.

29. drvac

drvac

Mazda RX-7 :tup:

30. TMM

TMM

Am I wrong but isn't there a GTO LM in GT?