What is the best chassis for drag launching?

hrm. i dont know about chassis for launching, but the chassis has to do with weight, so the lighter the less power you need for it to move faster. and mainly the tires establish how you launch most the time, and make sure you got the downforce all the way up :)

I have used *in my R34 Skyline hybrid* a Loctite Zexel GT-R chassis as the base, and the normal R34 RB26DETT engine tuned to 1,500 HP to give me sub 7-second 400m times, so give that a shot, I'll post the .ini later this afternoon.

Originally posted by anthonysinatra
hrm. i dont know about chassis for launching, but the chassis has to do with weight, so the lighter the less power you need for it to move faster. and mainly the tires establish how you launch most the time, and make sure you got the downforce all the way up :)

Downforce has nothing at all to do with launching.

Originally posted by milefile
Explain.

Ok...

Downforce is really only effective when you're moving, the higher the speed, the more effect downforce has on your car, but that doesn't mean it's inactive at low speeds. When you're launching the car, you basically have no downforce, it's all down to mechanical grip at that point. But once you're moving at, let's say, over 100mph, the downforce is starting to come into play, pushing the car down more and more, thus giving the car more grip through it's tires, and allowing you to acclerate faster. The only downside is that, if you run too much downforce, you will limit your top speed because of the added drag the car now has. So that is why even in drag racing, downforce is important.

Yes but when you lauch you staring velocity is "0" so therfore the downforce is non-exsistant(sp?). Downforce doesn't kick in until you gain a considerable speed which may depend on the car. Launching is all based on weight and tire grip.

So a good chassis for a dragger would be an f1 with the greatest lightweight upgrade on (85%). Then i would go for an NA engine with supercharger (v8 vantage) and not a turbo engine becuase turbo lag will kill a launch time.

Yes I know, that's what I said :odd: But once you start moving, then each bit of minute downforce will help with your final trap time. But yes, mechanical grip is more important in drag racing, no dispute there.

Back