• Nintendo

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • PC

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The PC is nice, but I prefer my PS2
- because there's no installing/uninstalling games - and it NEVER crashes!!! ( I've had it for 13 months now, and there has never been any problem..)

So that's why I hardly do any gaming on the PC.

I am going to have to say PS2. I always like PS and I like PS2 even better. My second would have to be a Gamecube.

Gotta be the PS2 for gaming, I like my PC for other stuff mainly the internet but the PS2 is better for gaming IMO.

I haven't seen much of the X-Box yet, but its not likely I will get one at all coz I just haven't got the cash at the moment. :(

Well, as far as PC games go....I really don't have a gaming machine...P4 2.0gHz, 512mb Rambus, Radeon 8500. 10K RPM 34GB-SCSI dr..... And because of my systems limitation...I prefer the PS2 format for ease and managability, as well as being able to kick back in my Papa-san Chair without being cofinded to my anal Ergonomically correct Computer chair...;)

PC is nice though....as LoudMusic pointed out, a lot more options.., but the PS2 still gets my vote....

I voted for the PS2, never really bother with pc games and i prefer to play my games on a large tv screen :D

PS2 for me. My dad won't let me put any games on the new Dell....he thinks that they screw it up....it's probably because we had so many games on the old one, and it messed it up.....the new one could take it, 1.7 GHz....and my dad loves to play the Windows Pinball, but when I tell him how much fun he could have with other games, he just says, "How many times do I have to tell you, this computer is not for games, we've seen what you did to the other computer(this line means nothing now, as I have the other pc in my room, and have fully restored it by myself, making it as new as possible). You got your Playstation for the games, not the computer." And I usually fire back with, "But there's different games for the computer than PS2."

I'll never win, unless he changes his mind. I mean come on, they wouldn't make pc games if they screwed it up. It's just my dad's way. He doesn't know it yet, but I already changed the screensaver after he told me not to. ;)

Originally posted by Brian P
Who voted for Super Nintendo??

I did, because frankly speaking it had the best games. Sure things are more advanced today, and I wouldn't think of playing my SNES over my PS2 or Xbox (Well, I still get hankerings for Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana, but Emulators take care of that ;) ), but there was just something about that magic little box...
Final Fantasy 3, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Starfox, Top gear, The Super Star Wars Series (first time a good trench battle ever appeared)and the list goes on and on... I don't think that I would have gotten into gaming as I have if it weren't for this console.
Playstation 1 would come in second, then the Playstation 2. (although the PS2 is still up in the air, as it is still pretty new...)

Originally posted by MazKid
PS2 for me. My dad won't let me put any games on the new Dell....he thinks that they screw it up....it's probably because we had so many games on the old one, and it messed it up.....the new one could take it, 1.7 GHz....and my dad loves to play the Windows Pinball, but when I tell him how much fun he could have with other games, he just says, "How many times do I have to tell you, this computer is not for games, we've seen what you did to the other computer(this line means nothing now, as I have the other pc in my room, and have fully restored it by myself, making it as new as possible). You got your Playstation for the games, not the computer." And I usually fire back with, "But there's different games for the computer than PS2."

I'll never win, unless he changes his mind. I mean come on, they wouldn't make pc games if they screwed it up. It's just my dad's way. He doesn't know it yet, but I already changed the screensaver after he told me not to. ;)

MazKid...You very sneeky, ya? ;) They don't mess up the computer, they just dirty up the registry... A simple cleanup of the registry after you uninstall a game is often all it takes ... ;)

Cheers...

Originally posted by MazKid

Your going to be a long time in purgatory for that one, young man! ;)
:P

Originally posted by Pako
Well, as far as PC games go....I really don't have a gaming machine...P4 2.0gHz, 512mb Rambus, Radeon 8500. 10K RPM 34GB-SCSI dr..... And because of my systems limitation...I prefer the PS2 format for ease and managability, as well as being able to kick back in my Papa-san Chair without being cofinded to my anal Ergonomically correct Computer chair...;)

PC is nice though....as LoudMusic pointed out, a lot more options.., but the PS2 still gets my vote....

Ok, please tell me that you're joking about that not being a good gaming computer. That's incredible hardware! All your specs are double mine, and I've been gaming on this computer for over a year. I run first person shooters at 1024x768 and get about 60 frames a second, and it never goes below 30.

This was a ...
P3 600
256MB RAM
GeForce 256

... but I've doubled the RAM and gone to ATA100 striped RAID for Photoshop reasons and changed to a Matrox Millinium G450 for dual VGA action (: I can still game on it though, this card does a pretty good job. I get the same frame rates and stuff.

~LoudMusic

Oh, and I'm a computer guy. I like to tinker with things like games. Being able to hack away at the Windows registry and scan through the game files and such, that makes it so much better. And my computer woops the hell out of the PS2. It's also possible to build a computer 10 times better than what I've got, and it actually wouldn't cost you too much. I also like the extreamly quick load times that I get on my computer. Probably what most people don't like is the fact that computers can be so different. With a console, everyone is on the same playing field.

One of the coolest things my friends do is LAN parties. In fact, we're having one tomorrow. Everybody brings their computer over to one guy's house and we network game for HOURS. I think the longest 'session' we've had was over 14 hours. I remember eating twice ... so it was for sure a long freaking time.

But when I looked around the room at all the guys and thought about a console system they would all play ... I couldn't pick 4 guys out of the group that would all be on the same console. They would each have their own console. But with computers, heck, build what you want, we'll make it work! (: We even played some Unreal Tournament and StarCraft with our Macintosh buddy.

~LoudMusic

Yea, I could do that. Or I could just install it in my files, and delete the Start menu icons. And BTW, the screensaver was a Mazda concept cars one, it's actually pretty cool. Now all I have to do is buy new games....how will I get away with this one?

I do use the old pc for games.....videocard is messed up though....I'll work on it over the weekend.

And I'm not messing anything up on the new one. I set up a lot of the stuff on it without any problems.

And if my dad gets really pissed, I can just stop helping him with it, he knows a little about it..... ;)

Originally posted by Tom McDonnell

I did, because frankly speaking it had the best games. Sure things are more advanced today, and I wouldn't think of playing my SNES over my PS2 or Xbox (Well, I still get hankerings for Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana, but Emulators take care of that ;) ), but there was just something about that magic little box...
Final Fantasy 3, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Starfox, Top gear, The Super Star Wars Series (first time a good trench battle ever appeared)and the list goes on and on... I don't think that I would have gotten into gaming as I have if it weren't for this console.
Playstation 1 would come in second, then the Playstation 2. (although the PS2 is still up in the air, as it is still pretty new...)

Yeah the Super Nintendo was the first console I got. I loved the Mortal Kombat series (Fatalities rule!!!!), Top Gear, Donkey Kong, Killer Instinct and the list goes on.

But I still voted for PS2!!

As far as consoles go, I'd have to say Super Nintendo as well. It was a die hard gaming system with more games than any one person could name. They did things on that system that no one thought was possible. And it had a MOUSE! (:

~LoudMusic

I voted for the Dreamcast.

Why?

Yesterday at an EB, I picked up Virtua Tennis and Chu Chu Rocket! for $8 each. Both are excellent games and if you have a DC I'd highly suggest both.

The catch? My Virtua Tennis is an almost-new Sega All Stars version, and my Chu Chu Rocket is original casing--white--and was sealed. Never was opened before but I got it for $8!!!

The DC is quickly becoming my collecting system. Ask Dudley about that too :)

Originally posted by LoudMusic

Ok, please tell me that you're joking about that not being a good gaming computer. That's incredible hardware! All your specs are double mine, and I've been gaming on this computer for over a year. I run first person shooters at 1024x768 and get about 60 frames a second, and it never goes below 30.

This was a ...
P3 600
256MB RAM
GeForce 256

... but I've doubled the RAM and gone to ATA100 striped RAID for Photoshop reasons and changed to a Matrox Millinium G450 for dual VGA action (: I can still game on it though, this card does a pretty good job. I get the same frame rates and stuff.

~LoudMusic

;), actually it's just a little inside joke there... Originally, I designed this system for my "dedicated" recording studio.... But with all this great hardware..., it's hard not to play games on it...

I might mention that Atari started it all.... with Colleco Vision close behind.. ;)

Originally posted by Pako

;), actually it's just a little inside joke there... Originally, I designed this system for my "dedicated" recording studio.... But with all this great hardware..., it's hard not to play games on it...

I might mention that Atari started it all.... with Colleco Vision close behind.. ;)

What about Intellivision? Do you guys remember that? Or the early Commadors that the computer hardware was in the keyboard? Man that's a trip down memory lane ...

~LoudMusic

Back