• Corvette, Camaro, Mustang, etc.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Focus, Neon, etc.

• Skyline, 3000GT, etc.

• Impreza, Lancer, etc.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Integra, Civic, riceburners :lol:, etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GT40, NSX, mid-engine cars, etc.

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
the cleanest real drifter I have ever seen was 240sx (hatchback) in a photo from a Japanese carshow. Old school groundeffects, even some ancient (like 94 or so) rims. Seeing that made me load up the old 240sx and sideways it through motorsportparkland on the arcade mode!

id haveta say that i like the imprezza's and lancers for a drift... i enjoy getting a 4WD car completely sidways, not just letting the two rears smoke... 4W drifts are the funnest...:D

I forgot to add the muscle cars in the poll...:'Dowh!:
But I guess you have no choice to drift because they aren't setup to take corners that tight :)

-I don't want any comments back about the "riceburners" classification (unless they are good and funny :lol: ). I meant "riceburner" in a nice way because it covers all those cars: Eclipse, Accord, 'Lude, FTO,...you know...all those, uh.. riceburners :P !

GT40, NSX, XJ220, that kinda car :D It's really fun to get a 3100 lb MR car sideways going 150 and come out of it without spinning :D :D :D

Then again, it's also fun getting my '96 Grand Sport Corvette sideways around Red Rock too :)

The best combo's, track and car for me is the "Yellow Bird at Grand Valley" I can get completely sideways or just kick out like a couple feet and never spin out. This is on Normal Rear tires Super Soft in front and no traction Control extras. "Selighty at Rome Night" this is the first combo I ever tried using same setup as the Yellow Bird. Now that I'v beat the game and all golds it's all I do anymore, try Drifting every car I can lol

Could You give me some setups for drifting? I bought 66 Shelby Mustang now, rear end is higher and rear springs are softer, but its drifting only slightly and it understeers. I need a car that steers good and drifts as hell! :) It should be rwd...

I don't really drift in the bigger car's, atleast not that often. I did just setup the old school SIlvia 2000K , only 360hp but that's all you need for drifting & it has perfect handeling. My usual setup for all the car's I drift is S. Soft front and normal rears, springrate 6 REAR 7 FRONT , Camber 1.8 FRONT & 1 - 1.2 rear. It works perfect on my Sileighty, 270R, 240Z, Old school Trueno, RUF Yellow Bird and couple others. Grandvalley, Seattle Short / Circuit, Rome Night & Autum Ring. MY FAV'S

RUF CTR2 is the best drifter. Going around a 180 degree corner like at grand valley is a cinch

muscle cars spin out too often.
little cars don't have the turning force.

the solution? american compact cars.
it makes perfect sense: plenty of torque for their weight, and they've got the agility to stay focused. they're not big, honking metallibeasts, so they handle grip stress pretty well.

american all the way!( hey you, yea you, the one about to say something bad about american cars, if you do, i will make the rest of your life a misserable torment of uncomfortable pain! so don't)

Originally posted by Burnout
american all the way!( hey you, yea you, the one about to say something bad about american cars, if you do, i will make the rest of your life a misserable torment of uncomfortable pain! so don't)

Interesting comment comming from a guy with a Japanese Auto Logo Collection . . . :odd: :D

I have to change my vote. I drove the GTR V-Spec R-34 on Seattle Endurance. That car drifts most excellently. The advantage of the 4WD is that when you accelerate while drifting through a turn you're much less likely to spin out. And Seattle offered many opportunities for that.

As far as contemporary American cars I only like Vipers, and the new GT40.

I dunno why I'm not that into new Camaros, Vettes, and Mustangs... But I have to say they've made the Mustang at least look like a great car again.

Americans are finally getting over their long, dark, period of very ugly cars.

And then there's the muscle cars. Legendary and awesome. But not for a video game.

Back