What music would you like to hear in GT7?

• Thread starter Trentgt4
  • 108 comments
United States
New York
incredible_gig
We all remember the old classic GT songs by Daiki Kasho and how nostalgic they were. PD even added some of them in GT Sport. When I race, i like to hear some great tunes in the background as I'm leaving my opponents in the dust. Sit back, relax and press play as you race through endurance races. While music in a racing game doesn't matter much, sometimes the songs make a game super special. What music/songs would you like to hear in Gran Turismo 7?

Last edited:
More Daiki Kasho obviously.
Yeah. Specifically, more of the alternative melodic style of rock that he did for the PS3 era games. Those are his best work IMO.

But it'd also be nice to see him dip into D&B music more like he did once for the Subaru VGT video.

Yeah. Specifically, more of the alternative melodic style of rock that he did for the PS3 era games. Those are his best work IMO.

But it'd also be nice to see him dip into D&B music more like he did once for the Subaru VGT video.
I totally agree. The song "Looking For You" is a special one for me (GT6)

Probably not a popular opinion as it doesn't exactly scream nostalgia, but I really like GT Sport's menu music. A lot of it was taken from the Hôtel Costes compilations which have a distinctive sound. Generally I found it really fit the whole "aesthetic" of the game, modern, classy and elegant. So hoping for more of that.

I also really like the instrumental Japanese jazz fusion stuff in the older games. They almost sit in their own genre, as there's nothing that really sounds like it imo....it's just "Gran Turismo" music! :

Last edited:
Probably not a popular opinion as it doesn't exactly scream nostalgia, but I really like GT Sport's menu music. A lot of it was taken from the Hôtel Costes compilations which have a distinctive sound. Generally I found it really fit the whole "aesthetic" of the game, modern, classy and elegant. So hoping for more of that.

I also really like the instrumental Japanese jazz fusion stuff in the older games. They almost sit in their own genre, as there's nothing that really sounds like it imo....it's just "Gran Turismo" music! :

It's funny you mentioned that! I personally also love the GT Sport menu music. I downloaded all 65 tracks last night to my phone. And, I also love those home tracks from GT4. They're just perfect for Gran Turismo. One thing I wish they would bring back is the symphonic orchestra version of Moon Over The Castle from GT4. In my opinion, that piece describes the essence of racing and the blood, sweat and tears of race drivers.

That would also be awesome. Imagine listening to your favorite album in game while racing
GT Sport has pretty great Spotify integration, you can change the "music player" to make songs come on just during races if you want. Not sure about other streaming services though.

That's cool about the GT Sport soundtrack -- if you like it you should def check out the other Hôtel Costes albums, a lot of them are up on Spotify!

Last edited:
Um, btw, on a kinda-unrelated note, Daiki Kasho has recently composed a song for the J-Rock musician EXiNA (real name Shiena Nishizawa) that will be the ending theme to... ahem, a certain anime that's started airing last week and should show up this week.

If it's SFW and if it's officially uploaded, I will post the link to it on my own topic on Daiki. The full single will be out on 2/9.

They can leave the American butt rock at the curb.
I would like the option to upload and use my own music tracks as I have never liked any of the tracks in any of the games, save like maybe 2-3.

You can do that with spotify in any ps4 or PS5 game.

GT5 had some real nice Songs in the menu.

imagine taking a relaxing night drive in some of the Tokyo courses with the new PSVR-2 Headset :bowdown:

this would fit really nicely when you browse through the brand central.

Um, btw, on a kinda-unrelated note, Daiki Kasho has recently composed a song for the J-Rock musician EXiNA (real name Shiena Nishizawa) that will be the ending theme to... ahem, a certain anime that's started airing last week and should show up this week.

If it's SFW and if it's officially uploaded, I will post the link to it on my own topic on Daiki. The full single will be out on 2/9.
Oh nice! I will most definitely listen when it drops

GT5 had some real nice Songs in the menu.

imagine taking a relaxing night drive in some of the Tokyo courses with the new PSVR-2 Headset :bowdown:

this would fit really nicely when you browse through the brand central.

Thanks for sharing those, I haven't heard those before because I actually have never played GT5 or 6, I've never owned a PS3 console. I'd like to, because I'm a big NASCAR guy and those games have NASCAR cars in them. But I have searched up a few songs from the soundtrack (mostly the Daiki Kasho songs), so I know a few.

Isamu Ohira's smooth menu music defined the series for the first four games, and it's been nice to have little bits of it in 6 and Sport, but I'd like a lot more.
Gran Turismo 1 outside of Japan ditched jazz fusion for a chunky, extremely 90s techno-rock-breakbeat soundtrack by Jason Page, and it'd be nice to pay some homage to that too.

In races, GT has always had an eclectic mix, Propellerheads, Daiki Kasho, Overseer, Van Halen, Kaiser Chiefs, Scorpions, Pnau, Courtney Barnett... always full of surprises, I'll probably be happy with whatever they provide (though admittedly I disable music most of the time while driving in GT4 onwards, it'd be great if the music volume setting could be reached from the pause, or at least pre race menus)

Isamu Ohira's smooth menu music defined the series for the first four games, and it's been nice to have little bits of it in 6 and Sport, but I'd like a lot more.
Gran Turismo 1 outside of Japan ditched jazz fusion for a chunky, extremely 90s techno-rock-breakbeat soundtrack by Jason Page, and it'd be nice to pay some homage to that too.

In races, GT has always had an eclectic mix, Propellerheads, Daiki Kasho, Overseer, Van Halen, Kaiser Chiefs, Scorpions, Pnau, Courtney Barnett... always full of surprises, I'll probably be happy with whatever they provide (though admittedly I disable music most of the time while driving in GT4 onwards, it'd be great if the music volume setting could be reached from the pause, or at least pre race menus)
I absolutely agree!

I really, really wish for more of Ohira Isamu's music in Gran Turismo 7.

Don't get me wrong, I love the music in Sport, but the licensed music makes streaming and video making a pain, needing to be muted or substituted. Also, with how a selection of songs playing in every menu, it's very difficult to associate a track to a specific part of the game. In comparison, I will never forget Gran Turismo 2's East and South City themes, and I immediately think of the maps, menus, and sound effects whenever I hear the tunes. I think that for Gran Turismo 7 to feel more like a fun game and less of a soulless simulator, it very desperately needs bespoke music, and who better to deliver that than Ohira Isamu? He has been such a big part of the soul of Gran Turismo since its inception.

Back