What PS3 era Premium cars do you want to see return? (GT5 and GT6)

• Thread starter DefNotJake
  • 60 comments
United States
Maryland, USA
As many know, a large amount of PS3 era premium models returned to GT Sport during its life cycle. (Examples: Viper GTS '02, Ford GT40 Mark IV, Shelby Daytona, Mazda RX500, and more.)

I listed below all of the models I personally think are the most likely to return to GT7 for various reasons. (Car voids in GT Sport needing to be filled, icons, cars that are highly requested, ect) Which PS3 Premium models would you like to see return?

Likely to return Gran Turismo 5 Premium models.

• RS 6 Avant '08
  • R10 TDI Race Car '06
  • 430 Scuderia '07
  • Acura NSX '91
  • 300 SL Coupe '54
  • SL 55 AMG (R230) '02
  • Lancer Evo VI GSR T.M Edition '99
  • LFA '10
  • IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI Spec C Type RA '05
  • Castrol TOM'S Supra '97
  • Silvia Spec-R Aero (S15) '02
  • Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
  • Camaro Z/28 Race Modified '69
  • Lotus Esprit V8 '02

Likely to return Gran Turismo 6 Premium models.

• BMW 507 '57
  • Chevrolet Nova SS '70
  • Plymouth AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel '70
  • Red bull x2014 (Fan Car)
  • Lamborghini Diablo GT2 '98
  • El Camino SS 396 '67
  • Bentley Speed 8 '03
  • LFA Nürburgring Package '12
  • 2013 Deltawing
  • Subaru IMPREZA WRX STI spec C '09

I think it’s odd that the Red Bull X2014 Fan Car was not added to GT Sport yet the standard version was. Then PD created the X2019 which is not a fan car as well. The Red Bull Fan car was the OG Tomahawk. It’s a fun car.
Agreed. The entire reason the car is cool to me, is because of the Chaparral style fan technology being used. The fan version of the car, is the way Adrian Newey and Kazunori originally intended the car to be, so hopefully it ends up returning in GT7.

Last edited:
None, at least not at the same LOD as they appear in GT5/6. They really need to ensure the assets for GT7 are built for the right generation of hardeware IMO. All of the cars ported/returning for GT Sport were either higher LOD's than what appeared in GT5/6 or remodelled, so I would hope the same thing happens again with any returning cars from GT5/6.

Last edited:
I want to see, more or less, every premium road cars from both game to return to GT7 :rolleyes:. But if I must choose some it will be:
BMW 507 ´57
Chevrolet El Camino SS ´67
-//- Nova SS ´70
Mercedes-Benz 300SL ´54

Even the road cars from every GT game (GT1-Sport), but now with interior haha. But I dont want any duplicates :P

Long List:

• Audi R8 5.2 '09
  • Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '06
  • Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 '09
  • Dodge Viper ACR '08
  • Nissan DeltaWing
  • Honda Civic Type R '08
  • Honda CR-Z α '10
  • Honda FIT RS '10
  • Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) '04
  • Honda NSX Type R '02
  • Honda S2000 '06
  • Lexus LFA '10
  • Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package '12
  • Lotus Elise '11
  • Lotus Elise 111R '04
  • Lotus Elise '96
  • Lotus Evora '09
  • Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92
  • Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
  • Mazda RX-8 Type S '07
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR TOMMI MAKINEN EDITION '00
  • Nissan Leaf G '11
  • Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) '02
  • RE Amemiya Amemiya AsparaDrink RX7 '06
  • Subaru BRZ R&D SPORT '12
  • Subaru CUSCO DUNLOP SUBARU IMPREZA '08
  • Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA '05
  • Subaru IMPREZA WRX STI spec C '09
  • Subaru S206 NBR CHALLENGE PACKAGE '12
  • Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) '95
  • Toyota Castrol TOM'S SUPRA '97
  • Toyota PRIUS G '09

Among that list, there are a few cars that surprisingly haven't already made a return in Sport, such as the S15, NA2 NSX-R, NC Roadster, RX-8, Evo VI, LFA, and the icon of Gran Turismo: the GT500 Supra. Also puzzling how we went from a 5.2 R8 in GT6 to a 4.2 R8 in GTS.

Those aside, I've just listed some of my favourite cars, or cars that I think might be interesting to have in a more traditional Gran Turismo game. I would really love to see how well GT300 cars fit into Gr.3. I super ultra hyper need the 3–Rotor Amemiya GT300 RX-7. I personally would love to see more Kei car represented in the series as a whole; the Kei car event in GTS' campaign mode is woeful and embarrassing with only THREE cars and only one clear winner.

This is what comes to my mind, among others, if GT7 is truly to combine the past and the future.

The NASCAR COT bodies would be cool.
I wonder if Polyphony can't get the proper licenses, they will just remove all the decals and just brand them as 'GT Stock Cars' or something like that. Similar to what they did to Senna's Lotus F1 car. I would love that, because people will still be able to customize the livery to whatever driver/manufacturer they like.

Hopefully Lotus will be back on GT7, if so we will certainly get:

Elise '96
Elise 111R '04
Elise '11
Esprit V8 '02
Evora '09
Europa S.2 '68
Europa Special '72

It's more a prediction than a wishlist, I don't see why keep one of these cars out of the selection if Lotus is indeed returning.

Super Gt300 cars from 2000-2010s (including audi r8 lms ultra)
Maybe F1 ferrari cars, but highly unlikely
Tuned cars, like G34, amuse and etc
Karts

These two have been my wet dream for GT Sport. I remember getting high hopes to see them back just because the Roadster TC was added in July 2019.

Anyway, they're still my top picks for GT7, maybe we can see them on racing modification forms for their street counterparts like on GT5, maybe we can see them as separate cars like GT6, or we might even get their real variants, the actual JGTC versions.

d61g802-b77bdd0d-6537-45ab-bbf9-27f870e3d982.jpg

d61g7g7-eafd3e79-295e-414b-817e-0366ec25067c.jpg

Ideally it'd be all of them like @Rzeractor said for more variants to play, but some of the ones that would stand out to me:
  • Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale '11
  • Audi RS 6 Avant '08
  • Autobacs ARTA Garaiya (SUPER GT) '08
  • Bentley Speed 8 '03
  • BLITZ DUNLOP ER34 SKYLINE (D1GP) '07
  • 2013 NASCAR cars
  • Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
  • Citroën C4 WRC '08
  • Ferrari FXX '07
  • Ford Focus RS WRC 07 '08
  • HKS CT230R '08
  • Honda CR-Z α '10
  • Honda NSX Type R '02
  • Isuzu 4200R Concept '89
  • Jaguar XKR-S '11
  • Lamborghini Reventon '08
  • Lexus IS F Touring Car '07 (RM)
  • Lotus Elise '11
  • Lotus Elise 111R '04
  • Lotus Elise '96
  • Lotus Esprit V8 '02
  • Lotus Europa Special '72
  • Lotus Evora '09
  • Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe '54
  • Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG (R230) '02
  • Mitsubishi i-MiEV '09
  • Monster Sport SX4 Pikes Peak Special '11
  • Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z (SUPER GT) '06
  • Spoon CR-Z
  • SRT Viper SRT10 ACR '08
  • Stielow Engineering Red Devil
  • Subaru S206 NBR CHALLENGE PACKAGE '12
  • Suzuki SX4 WRC '08
  • TOYOTA 86 "Racing" '13
  • Toyota Castrol TOM'S SUPRA (JGTC) '97
  • Toyota CELICA GT-FOUR Rally Car (ST205) '95
None, at least not at the same LOD as they appear in GT5/6. They really need to ensure the assets for GT7 are built for the right generation of hardeware IMO. All of the cars ported/returning for GT Sport were either higher LOD's than what appeared in GT5/6 or remodelled, so I would hope the same thing happens again with any returning cars from GT5/6.
I mean @DefNotJake mentions the examples being Viper GTS '02, Ford GT40 Mark IV, Shelby Daytona, Mazda RX500, which are all done in PS4 qualify for GTS, so being in the same LOD as they appear in GT5/6 isn't valid here.
These two have been my wet dream for GT Sport. I remember getting high hopes to see them back just because the Roadster TC was added in July 2019.

Anyway, they're still my top picks for GT7, maybe we can see them on racing modification forms for their street counterparts like on GT5, maybe we can see them as separate cars like GT6, or we might even get their real variants, the actual JGTC versions.

View attachment 1072292
View attachment 1072291
Actual race cars like JGTC must be kept separate from the road cars. The fictional race cars being turned into RM is ok (actually what I'd want for Gr race cars). Road-going version of the cars are different enough to drive from the race spec versions, they shouldn't be grouped identical cars just because of having the same name.

I mean @DefNotJake mentions the examples being Viper GTS '02, Ford GT40 Mark IV, Shelby Daytona, Mazda RX500, which are all done in PS4 qualify for GTS, so being in the same LOD as they appear in GT5/6 isn't valid here.
Fair point, I simply read it as porting the cars into GT7 from GT5/6, but if we're talking higher LOD models/remodels then sure I would want most if not all of them assuming that's possible with licensing and man-power. With GT7 now 99% confirmed to be releasing on PS4 as well as PS5 it does also mean we aren't likely to see ground up remodels for PS5 rather than the same models as the PS4 version albeit rendered at higher definition with higher resolution texures, reflections and better lighting etc.

Last edited:
I would love to see all of the GT Vision cars return. I believe they have most of them in GTSPort but I would definitely love to see them GT7 especially the Charrapal car

Ideally all of them in my own opinion.
I would like to see that (if possible) just for the sake of the Used Car Dealership, and hopefully to have a good bit of reward cars tucked away into singleplayer events.

Last edited:
Back