What region of car do you lean toward?

• Thread starter prowler45
  • 95 comments
Hey all,

What I mean is: Is there a specific region whose cars you enjoy the most or have bought more cars from that region? (EX American Cars, Italian cars, etc)

I haven't gotten far in the game yet but for me evereything boils down to American muscle. I intend to get EVERY USA car When I can start getting enough cash to do so.

Japan, definately. The only American cars I have are ones I've bought to win races in the American section and ones I've won from it. I've got a few Euros too, only cool things though. I'd say at least 4/5 of my cars are Japanese.

Italy, Britain, USA, and Germany for the most part. Italy and Britain appear to have the most distinctive cars in the game, IMO. The Lancias, old Alfas, Pagani, Cizeta, TVRs, Aston Martins, Lister, Lotuses (Loti?), Jaguars are all great characters. From maniacs like the Speed 12 and Stratos, to gentlemen like the Aston Martins and Alfas, there's something for everyone here. :)

I like cars from everywhere. I buy Italian (Alfas and Lancias) to fill my garage with jewelry, Japanese (Mazdas and Nissans) to practice and play with, and American (Corvette) and British (Lotus, TVR) for when I want outright speed and track records. I don't think the Japanese cars are overbearing. The Corvette and the Tuscan can beat just about anything Japanese (EVEN the Skylines).

Anything from the 90's and came over on a boat from Japan. Not many American cars to choose from unfortuantly, but other then that, i'll take anything with a BMW logo on it aswell.

i wish i could say italy since im italian but theres not a lot of cars i like from there. but my fav is japan because theres such a variety. mr fr ff, turbo na superchanged etc.

USA! USA! I love the power of these cars. I'll use anything that ford takes part in such as Mazda, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Mercury, and volvo, but I also like the roadsters like the Z4 and S2000.

mainly italian, brit, german... but its hard to stay away from all the Japanese cars cause theres so many of them :)

German then Japanese. Gotta love the BMWs and those Japanese sports cars.

kylehnat
British and German. TVR and BMW make me happy.
I like this member :lol:. Same here, the best two manufacturers in the game are TVR and BMW imo, tend to use European cars the most but since I'm after every car in the game I've got loads more Japanese cars than anything else. I like the European classics far more than the Japanese ones even if there is a lot less of them, nothin like my Triumph Spitfire in racing green.

I'm collecting (and trying to drive) every car in the game , so you can guess what region i'm leaning toward (willing or not) ...

The garage should include a way to sort the cars by the mileage (minus the original miles of used cars ) , to see wich car you really prefer.
Or to sort them by the number of races (as you can win some long-distance races driving only certain cars )

live4speed
I like this member :lol:. Same here, the best two manufacturers in the game are TVR and BMW imo, tend to use European cars the most but since I'm after every car in the game I've got loads more Japanese cars than anything else. I like the European classics far more than the Japanese ones even if there is a lot less of them, nothin like my Triumph Spitfire in racing green.

TVRs are great in GT... because you don't have to deal with them breaking down... or trying to take a closer look at the tree over on the opposite curb at 100mph... :dopey:

Depends. My garage says Japanese but after discovering the Triumph and already drooling over TVR's (Mmmmm V8S and Tuscan) I would like to build up my collection of British Cars. Especially since a guy who lives me just bought a DB9 :drool: Its a metalic gray color. Mmmmm.

I suppose for me its British, because there are so many interesting niche cars in there. There could have been tons of Italians in the game to swing my heart but there aren't, so once I'd bought the Spider Duetto and Stratos, there was nothing in there to attract my credits.

There are a few in teh German hall I really like too, but at the same token, the three marques I dislike the most (VW, Merc and BMW) are also there. I've really been trying to get along with the BMs because, in spite of my experiences with the cars in real life and in GT4, I am still brainwashed by their successful "ultimate driving machine" campaign into thinking that there is something to them that I am missing, but every time I drive one, I am underwhelmed. Despite that I am still going to add an M5 to my M Coupe, 120i, 2002T, M3, M3CSL, M3CSL GTR, M3CSL GTR Race car and McBM F1, just to see if this is the one to make me go "oh gosh that was fun!" Never before has anyone managed to convince me to spend so much on something I don't like :lol:

I lean toward the US cars, of course that's where I live and that's what I drive. I haven't puchased too many of the Japaneese cars unless I needed them for a specific race (although I love my WRX, of course they are part of GM). However, 1/2 of my garage is Japaneese cars because most of the prize cars seem to be. But that's why they're prize cars, I don't have to pay for them, so I guess I don't really care.

BMW and Aston Martin next!

Alfaholic
I've really been trying to get along with the BMs because, in spite of my experiences with the cars in real life and in GT4, I am still brainwashed by their successful "ultimate driving machine" campaign into thinking that there is something to them that I am missing, but every time I drive one, I am underwhelmed.

If you are referring to real-life BMW's then you are on drugs.

Back