What swap disk?

• Thread starter turbo-d
  • 27 comments
I want to get GTC and I don’t really want to get a mod chip unless I really need to. So what disk swaps work with GTC? I have the new slim ps2, if that makes a difference and I want to get a pal format disk because I have friends that can get me one.

Thanks

turbo-d
I want to get GTC and I don’t really want to get a mod chip unless I really need to. So what disk swaps work with GTC? I have the new slim ps2, if that makes a difference and I want to get a pal format disk because I have friends that can get me one.

Thanks

Socal Does'nt suck!!! :grumpy:

You can get any version of Swap Magic to work your Pal version of GT Concept Here!

turbo-d
Nope and i dont know why :nervous:

That's kinda lame. When it came out it was good. Now it's been taken over by Prologue or the Japanese GT4 version. The good thing about concept was the zoom function when you pressed triangle. Made replays a whole lot more enjoyable.

You dont need a mod chip. I wish people would quit saying that!!! I have the 2.2 swap disk and I can play GTconcept and any other game out there. If you get the new 3.3 swap disk it is even better. 👍 Dont listen to the people that say you cant play the pal games. They dont know what they are talking about.
Here are the 3.3 swap disks only $20. HERE

Unfortunately Swap Magic does not work with all versions of Concept. The Japanese version of Concept Tokyo-Geneva will not work with Swap Magic on my PAL PS2 (flip top conversion). No problems with any other version (Tokyo or Tokyo-Seoul).

RogsR34UK
Unfortunately Swap Magic does not work with all versions of Concept. The Japanese version of Concept Tokyo-Geneva will not work with Swap Magic on my PAL PS2 (flip top conversion). No problems with any other version (Tokyo or Tokyo-Seoul).
I disagree. I have flip top, GTC2002 pal, and GTC2001 JPN and they work for me. The pal is in full color on 3.3 swap disk. On both my PS2's. One PS2 is old and the other one is new.
I also have GT4P pal and GT4P JPN and they both work.
Your problem is probably your TV. 👍

I have a new correction. If you have the Magic Swap disk 3.3 then you can play any pal game in full color without the scrolling screen. 👍
I just started playing GTC2002 again last night. I forgot how fun this game is. :)

Sorry, bad choice of words. What I meant by "does not work with all versions" was that it worked with most. I know it doesn't with the Japanese Concept 2002. The joys of the English language. It was down to the emphasis (difficult to convey in text).

I think the only version of GTC that I cant get to work is the Asia version. The JPN and PAL work fine for me and most other people I know.

With my PAL PS2 and Swap Magic v2 I can play Tokyo 2001 and Tokyo Seoul 2002. The only Asian GT game I have is Prologue and that is also fine.

RogsR34UK
With my PAL PS2 and Swap Magic v2 I can play Tokyo 2001 and Tokyo Seoul 2002. The only Asian GT game I have is Prologue and that is also fine.
You should try out the new 3.3 it is a major improvement over the old one. It allows you to pick exactly what version to load with. Then once you pick what you want you just tap the X button and it loads.
If you have a Pal game you want converted to NTSC then you boot it as NTSC. :)

If anyone wants, I can post a video of how to load the new 3.3 I can also show the different loading options it has. I have been playing GTC2002 Geneva this week so it wouldnt be a problem at all. It sure is nice playing in color with no scrolling screen. :)

Hey CAMAROBOY69, cud u plz post that video of version 3.3? Cheers. The backup games work just the same as normal games right? i.e. colour, no extra 'scrolling screens' (wt are they) or bits missed out?
Thanx.

timthewren
Hey CAMAROBOY69, cud u plz post that video of version 3.3? Cheers. The backup games work just the same as normal games right? i.e. colour, no extra 'scrolling screens' (wt are they) or bits missed out?
Thanx.
Sure I can do it tonight when I get home. Yes they play exactly the same.
Which game do you want me to show you? GTC2002? GT4Prologue PAL version?
Im not sure if I mentioned in this post but the PAL does play in full color too. 👍

I have a problem with my Swap magic 3.3 . I'm new at this but maybe you can help. I have PS2 PAL. Swap magic 3.3 PAL too. when I load a game with the SM3.3, the game works but it's like the picture is starting too high. Like the first lower 1/8 of my TV is black. I can't think of a reason why this is happening. I tried 3 TVs, all the same thing. When in SM3.3 menu it's in full screen. It's only happening after pressing the X to run the backuped game. all 3 TVs are Multi-system. Any help would be very appriciated. thanx.

MoRk
I have a problem with my Swap magic 3.3 . I'm new at this but maybe you can help. I have PS2 PAL. Swap magic 3.3 PAL too. when I load a game with the SM3.3, the game works but it's like the picture is starting too high. Like the first lower 1/8 of my TV is black. I can't think of a reason why this is happening. I tried 3 TVs, all the same thing. When in SM3.3 menu it's in full screen. It's only happening after pressing the X to run the backuped game. all 3 TVs are Multi-system. Any help would be very appriciated. thanx.
Did you look at this PAL games in color step by step and try that? Instead of putting "NTSC" make sure it sais "PAL". That should work.

CAMAROBOY69
Did you look at this PAL games in color step by step and try that? Instead of putting "NTSC" make sure it sais "PAL". That should work.

K , I saw the link you gave me. It's just that I can't figure out how to get into the "step 5" menu. the language and "screen adjustment vertical" thingy.. I can press SELECT to change languages on the fly, but no menu or anything that can be seen in step 5 and 6. I have 3.3.

i was looking for advice i was shamed a while back with me swap disks 👎 and i have a rare special edition patch for gt any way i was sent the american swap disks and need the aus so wud i be able to buy an american ps2 and wat wud i need for it to work could sum1 email me on jonmoses_dc@hotmail.com

jonmoses
i was looking for advice i was shamed a while back with me swap disks 👎 and i have a rare special edition patch for gt any way i was sent the american swap disks and need the aus so wud i be able to buy an american ps2 and wat wud i need for it to work could sum1 email me on jonmoses_dc@hotmail.com
If you use the 3.3 Magic swap disk you should be fine. Check this thread if you need more information.

Thanx that really helped but how will i go using an american ps2 on an australian tv and power outlets will i need any adaptors i have an aus ps2 but american chips so i am picking up a cheap american ps2
thanks again

Back