What to get? Sharkport,Gameshark,etc..

• Thread starter race2c
  • 29 comments
A sharport is the easiest, if your PS2 Plays Blue Bottom CDs, and your Ps2 can be brought to your PC's USB Ports easily. THe gameshark sucks, constantly forgeting your codes and srewing up. The Codebreaker is the second best choice.

well currently i have a codebreaker version 4 but it doesn't have as many codes for GT3.

So in your mind, i should get the sharkport and use that for GT3 hybrids?

Originally posted by EliteRacer
A sharport is the easiest, if your PS2 Plays Blue Bottom CDs, and your Ps2 can be brought to your PC's USB Ports easily. THe gameshark sucks, constantly forgeting your codes and srewing up. The Codebreaker is the second best choice.
whats the 1st choice ? both are nearly the same. I have the sharkport usb cables an use the X-Port for transfers

masterblaster--if i am mistaken the Xport is the same thing as the Sharkport, right?? would it be ok if i was to get a sharkport for transfering hybrids of the computer for GT3?

Originally posted by race2c
masterblaster--if i am mistaken the Xport is the same thing as the Sharkport, right?? would it be ok if i was to get a sharkport for transfering hybrids of the computer for GT3?

I think thats correct, as I mentioned I am using the X-Port because the site/AR was still up for downloading game codes an saves...

Had a friend that didnt want his sharkport cables... So I gave him $10.... works fine for transfers... an 80 GIG hard drive makes a hella memory card...

Just remember to have the PS2 disc in the tray of your console when you wish to backup or place codes/saves to your memory card.
A screen will show ...Waiting for command

There are two USB cables, with an plastic hookup between to connect

Originally posted by race2c
well currently i have a codebreaker version 4 but it doesn't have as many codes for GT3.

So in your mind, i should get the sharkport and use that for GT3 hybrids?
I was in the same boat as you, not many codes readly avail for CB, appears that GS is the favorite cheat device... If you need any CB codes then drop me a note

im wonder ing its like this my computer is about approx 27 steps away from my ps2 will the GS or shark port or codebreaker reach?? and if not what do i do??

If it doesnt reach do this:

1. Unhook your PS2. You can leave the cable that attatches it to your TV but take the power cable.

2. Bring you PS2 to your Computer and plug it in.

3. Hook up the Sharkport (assuming thats what your using) to your PS2 and your Computer.

4. Put your PS2 Sharkport disc in your PS2 and put your PC Sharkport disc into your computer.

5. Turn on your PS2 so it reads the disc (let it read the disc, to where you think its past the Sony and PS2 screens that show up everytime you turn your PS2 on).

6. Open the Sharkport program (assuming its already installed)

7. Do you business (no not that business :P ).

Hope this helps :)...

Originally posted by Frustrated Palm
If you dont want to spend money on cords my method is always good. I'd rather unhook and rehook my PS2 than spend $30 or so on some cords...
$19 at Wally World, an would be worth it not to have to keep movin the console about. Its bad enough the video cords arent long enough either

Well I'd rather save my money. A little work doesnt bother me, plus thats 19 more dollars in my pocket to get other things :)...
good 4 u, I'm just too lazy to be unhookin an hookin crap back up has my PS2 on a small table next 2 me soz I dont have ta get up...:banghead:

my gamers room, gurls stay out

Attachments

• mvc-008f.jpg
    mvc-008f.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 30
Im still in the process of 'Computerizing' my room. My uncle said he might give me his HDTV (I really hope he does :) ) if he can fit it in his truck when he comes this summer. I will try to get my own computer too using parts from older computers. This one guy in North Carolina builds computers with parts from older computers. They are very good and saves parts, plus he sells them very cheap. Around $500 will get you alot :D...

Im still in the process of 'Computerizing' my room. My uncle said he might give me his HDTV (I really hope he does :) ) if he can fit it in his truck when he comes this summer. I will try to get my own computer too using parts from older computers. This one guy in North Carolina builds computers with parts from older computers. They are very good and saves parts, plus he sells them very cheap. Around $500 will get you alot :D...
Build at least a 2.0 GIG puter, then yas can store game saves on it if you dont already

Originally posted by cobraking13
Can i make hybrids with GameShark the same way i can make themwith Sharkarport?

No. A gameshark connects to your PS2 ONLY. With the Sharkport you can upload it to your computer and use MKS. The Sharkport is the best way to go. You can see what parts you are putting on your car and what car it is. With a Gameshark you have to input codes and can end up putting on the wrong code and end up with lots of frustration...

Back