what track is more boring, test coarse, super speedway, or neither one?

I find the test coarse the most boring because it takes so long to finish, you only turn one way, there is no effort involved in the turning and you never have to slow down.

Klos' extensive study into this topic is correct.

At least you can experiment with differing lines in the Speedway, and you can have quite good battles there - plus there isn't countless time spent driving in a straight line....in a Vitz/Yaris....

Who ever it was that decided to make a race with more than 2 laps on the Test Corse needs to be fired. That track is just stupidly boring and pointless

I think everyone will agree, and has so far, that test course is. Man when I saw that I had to do more than a 5 lap race on that thing I knew I wouldn't like it. I really love gt3, but that course just is boring. Maybe if it was not as wide, for more action, then it would be all right.

Im gonna have to say the SS. the TC was rather fun on the F1 series and the Vitz where i had to draft to keep up that was fun.

on SS i can do a little driftin here and there but TC is stupid if you dont have a very fast car.
I only use TC to see my max speed which is kinda high hehe :eek:

I like both tracks. There has been no track in *ANY* of the Gran Turismo games which i've found boring.

Test course. At least you do something other than holding down on the gas pedal on Super Speedway. I have to admit that I do like the test track alittle bit. Only when the competition is right on your back bumper. ;)

Originally posted by Klostrophobic
The test course is 3.57*10^37 times more boring than any other course.

An anonymous scientific study concluded this to be a truth.

this it true...however the relationship between the test course and the boring constant, represented by (pi*L)/gravity, show that it is possible for Grand Valley in its forth root to have a ratio that equal to the test couse raised to an infinite power to the sum of all its fundamental roots....

therefore it can be cleary shown that Grand Valley is inversley proportional to the log base 10 of the integral figure obtained from the above empirical equation...

so....Grand Valley it is then..

On the Super Speedway, at least you have those cones out by the pit that you can knock out onto the track and play with. Test Course is just plain boring.

Test Course is definitely more boring. It is too long and you know what to expect. It is quite a fun track in the F1 championship, however.

I agree, TC is really boring, in most situations. I only like it for LM cars, because than, you cover ground fast, and you get to do some drafting and such. I also, however, hate the fact that you have to totally retune the car for TC.

One thing I will never understand:

If the Test Course and Super Speedway are so boring, why do people feel the need to ask this question so many times? I mean, if it's boring, why bother to think about it more than you have to?

Originally posted by railsldr
so if so many people hate test course why do so many like Nascar :D same thing kinda
Test Course = 6.5 miles and 6 unmatched cars
Most NASCAR course = 1-2 miles, 40 evenly matched cars.

There's a bit more excitement in NASCAR.

AO

True - but then again there's a bit more excitement in over-80s crown green bowling...

Originally posted by Der Alta
Test Course = 6.5 miles and 6 unmatched cars
Most NASCAR course = 1-2 miles, 40 evenly matched cars.

There's a bit more excitement in NASCAR.

AO

I'm a NASCAR fan, so I agree on this. Most of the tracks in NASCAR are like Super Speedway rather than Test Course. You brought out a good point, Der Alta.

I won't say the TC since in arcade mode you can get some pretty wicked 'draft wars' going, I got a replay saved where I beat the Pennzoil Nismo and Tom's Supra with my Denso Supra by a couple of hundreths of a second, both the CPUs cars where ramming me at both my doors, it was nuts. :cool:
The SS is bearable.

I must agree it is the 2nd most boring..Complex string is #1...only because it takes so long to finish 1 lap!!! but any way..Test course is the only way to see our cars real top speed..and is the best track for drafting...there is some skill needed..If you are in a slower car..pick an opponent and ride there 🤬 If not you will lose..I think that in GT4 test course wil be the most raced online course of all the tracks. Plus we can kick all the newbies with miatas in our Vipers....That'll be fun:lol:

Back