What tracks would you like to see?

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 30 comments

What tracks would you like to see in the Weekly Race Series?

• Apricot Hill Raceway

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Apricot Hill Raceway II

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Complex String

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • Complex String II

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Cote D' Azur

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Deep Forest Raceway

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Deep Forest Raceway II

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Grand Valley Speedway

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Grand Valley Speedway II

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Laguna Seca Raceway

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Mid-Field Raceway

• Mid-Field Raceway II

• Rome Circuit

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Rome Circuit II

• Seattle Circuit

• Seattle Circuit II

• Smokey Mountain

• Smokey Mountain II

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Special Stage Route 11

• Special Stage Route 11 II

• Special Stage Route 5

• Special Stage Route 5 II

• Special Stage Route 5, WET

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Super Speedway

• Swiss Alps

• Swiss Alps II

• Tahiti Circuit

• Tahiti Maze

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Tokyo R246

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • Trial Mountain

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
Want to get a feel for the crowd here and see what tracks interest you all the most.

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Please note that I couldn't fit all the reverse tracks in this poll as the limit is 30 choices. If you like a track in it's reverse option, please note that in your post.

And don't suggest Test Course either. :):banghead:

Test course

Bad joke :lol:

Deep forest 1 / 2 ,Tokyo 1/2 ,smokey mountain 1/2, swiss alps 1/2 Grand vally
Thats my choices for now ;)

Seattle for the normal course pick.

That is where my vote goes.

Seattle indeed.

However, I believe that we should do a reverse track soon because people or atleast myself, have not memorized the reverses of our old school tracks like grandvalley, seattle and so on.

So if we do a reverse, we will be testing your ability to learn a new track and race it in one week and not just your ability to run a track you have run a million times before ever since you bought gt1.

Thats my say.

you already ruined laguna seca with that turd monster so that's out

rome, we already did

grand valley would next on the menu (due to the fact that monaco might be just a wee bit tough for some of our less experienced racer) but on grand valley, we would simply HAVE to use the super powerfully drifting rgt.

df2 is always a smoker as well

Complex String in the Daihatsu Sirion :P

Na, Complex String would be good, but its too long even in the F1 cars (something like 3:20 a lap) and Im sure people would loose interets quickly

Trial Mtn. and SSR5 I and II... I love the setup of these two courses. :)

I would like monaco but it would be too hard so I would say seattle it is a good street course and would be fun in the GT40 or a good normal car with some tuning (skylines rx-7 or an integra ) Would be a challenge in a FF car. It would be nice for a change to have a car I can actually handle. Some of these other cars are so powerful. Im not complaining Boom has made some excellent choices and he is the BOSS!:D Anyhow I ramble Seattle course please:rolleyes:

Rome seattle or cote . I like the road courses much more than the race tracks. They are more challenging I think. more acceleration than just pure speed.:D

Special Stage 11 or Midfield 2 would be good, just ran that in PD cup with a Grand Sport Corvette and with T2s got only a 1'22.134, was shooting for 1'21 in 20 laps.

I know more than a few people around here (myself included) would love to race at Cote D'azur. People have also expressed interest in racing an F1 car.

Since the Formula One Grand Prix Of Monaco is only a month away (June 1st :eek: :eek: :eek: ), maybe we could arrange some F1's at Cote D'Azur to coincide??? :mischievous: It'd be a learning experience, watching real lines and lap times (If we pick a car that has about the same HP).

Edit >> F1 Cars run about 800 HP, so either the F094/P001(789hp) or F688/P002 (790hp) would work.

Since the F1 cars are pretty tough to win, maybe Boom could release the car choice a week early (so we'd have one week to win the car, then a week to race). He could make it an arcade race, and not reveal the number of laps until the week of the race.

Thoughts?

Thoughts for week 13 please.

Not that this is gonna happen any time soon, but what are everyones thoughts on Complex String?

Complex String ... ew. :D If you do decide to pick that one, though, I'd prefer it if you picked the reverse version. That one people barely know even exists, so that'd be even more fun. Plus it's a nicer drive than CS. The car should also definitely be an arcade car so that we can concentrate on the driving and don't have to waste time on setups ... :rolleyes: Preferably the GT-One or R390, otherwise it takes forever to finish just one lap. :D

I really miss driving Sim Tires. :( Would love any race that uses 'em (although preferably not the V12 Vantage or a car like that, because that sucks). Very pleasant streetcars on Sims: RUF RGT, Lotus V8 SE, GT40 Road Car, etc. I haven't tried many Race Cars yet, but I'm sure rock-solid cars like the S2000 LM Race Car are still gonna be great on Sim Tires.

You can 'fix' a Sim Tire car quite a bit with settings. For the RGT I allowed only a simple semi-suspension upgrade in a Sim Tire challenge (the rest stock), but that really helped - together with the rear-wing you could make it a very stable car that just tore through Deep Forest.

As for tracks, I love most of them, but especially the reverse tracks are great. Somehow most of them are a lot smoother than their regular counterparts. I particularly liked AH2 for some reason. Maybe it's because often you can't see much of the track ahead of you. :D

I also wouldn't mind a 5 lap race maybe even with Tire wear (Sim Tires actually last forever so a combo is possible :D) - it would give more 'realistic' laptimes and all this 'do or die' driving on some tracks really annoys me at times - you'd never drive like that in a real race.

Ah well, that's just some thoughts though. I'm okay with most stuff.

Back