What was your strategy for the Alsace 15 lap?

• Thread starter Vader86
  • 6 comments
United States
Huntsville AL
takervader
I have run this race 4 times and only finish second with the C7R, I've tried different pit strategies and am not getting closer. Blue Moon was easier to figure out than this one.

What car/fuel map/tires did you use?

You mean mission 5.8? Racing hard on WRX Gr.4, rich fuel mix (1) and pedal to the metal. When low on fuel then pit, i think it was lap 6? Full refuel and you can put fresh rubber but i guess you dont have to. Continue going flat out. Refuel when needed, pobably lap 12 and thats it. No strategy whatsoever. I ended first with 30 sec gap to second.

Used the Mustang, racing hard, max weight reduction, max downforce, ran super hard for the first six laps and built up enough of a lead that I was still in first after stopping for fuel. Backed off and ran a nice gentle race for the remainder which conserved enough fuel that I crossed the finish line without needing to pit a second time.

fairly easy one. i used the m4 and pitted on lap 7 and just put enough fuel to finish the race with another set of racing hard. you can probably switch to mediums though. won by a pretty comfortable gap.

edit: fuel map 1, then switched to 3 during the last 2 laps.

With these races (pit stop ones). Get to the lead asap (should get there about half way through the race or quicker). Once there relax, shortshift keep your eye on the fuel setting and you should be right. The AI don't conserve fuel so you should ever really have to pit more than them.

I beat it tonight in the WRX, finally. I saw what I was doing wrong in the corvette, I had bought all the power levels but didnt apply them.

Back