What wheel do you use?

• Thread starter GSX1100
  • 15 comments
I'm thinking of geting a wheel soon but dont know what one to go for from all the wheels I've seen out there.
What the best wheel to get for for playing GTHD?

It depends on how much money you have... if less than 150$, go for a DFP, if around 300$, get the G25. Both have 900° lock to lock but the G25 has a clutch pedal and a H-gate shifter, together with a lot better quality touch. That having been said, the DFP still beats everything else (excluding the G25) on the market.

- R -

I've been using the DFP for around 2 years, I'm betting that there will be a new version coming out soon for the PS3 with the PS button in it.
I'll be upgrading by the time GT5 comes out!

dfp highly recomended...i have 2 you can probably find one under $100
g25 is pricey and will be better suited for pc. Like moose said I bet they are working on a ps3 wheel so I will upgrade when that is out.

been using DFP for almost 2 years. still lovin' it :D

although the G25 is a great wheel but too expensive and I can't afford it :(

I've owned 3 different models of the logitech wheels designed for GT4. The original one was solid for GT3, then I got the driving force and it has the extra buttons on the face of the wheel that helped for accessing the ebrake for drifting purposes...that was a nice change , and now I'm on to the Driving Force Pro 900 degree wheel with the side shifter which is alot more fun in my opinion than using the paddle shifters...oh and the 900 degrees thing :). The DFP commands more out of you if you are seeking to countersteer through a drift with it, but if from a grip perspective, I think all three of the logitech wheels do the job well. If you use the other wheels I mentioned first, you'll have an easier time going from lock to lock, and manual transmission would be done through the paddle shifters. I'm still on the fence about the new G25 wheel. I like it, but for right now, it's not like GT4 or GTHD supports it's functions so I don't see value in upgrading just yet....but it's very tempting and I may get it just for preparation for GT5 (wishful thinking) I have two DFPs right now, one malfunctioned, so I bought a new one. I later took apart the one that malfunctioned and had to replace a bad sensor that made the wheel calibration off during play and that has now been fixed.

I would recomend the DFP and 900 degrees is as good as you can get without forking out 300 dollars for the G25 and not being able to use it's full functions.

wow.... i just got the dfp, and i totally suck now :P

I dont know how you guys do it. It will definitely take me some time to get used to it, but I dont know if I will get better at it than using the controller.

G25 was 182 bucks off Dell.com as of two days ago. And this *is* the next new wheel for ps3, just as the Driving force was a repackaged Wingman Formula wheel from Logitech.

G25 was 182 bucks off Dell.com as of two days ago. And this *is* the next new wheel for ps3, just as the Driving force was a repackaged Wingman Formula wheel from Logitech.

Does it have a PS button?
If so it must be the new one for the PS3, if not it was the last one for the PS2!! LOL

What the hell are you talking about? PD right now have integrated this wheel to their GT5 rigg. Why do you need a PS button on the wheel? To turn the ps3 on? wouldn't be quicker to just use the joystick or slide your finger over the power button?

What the hell are you talking about? PD right now have integrated this wheel to their GT5 rigg. Why do you need a PS button on the wheel? To turn the ps3 on? wouldn't be quicker to just use the joystick or slide your finger over the power button?

What the Hell I'm talking about is every PS3 controller has a PS button.
I have to use both the sixasis & my DFP when playing F1 CE.
If it doesn't have a PS button it does not have full PS3 funtionality & therefore it is not a controler designed for the PS3.

By your logic my DFP is a PS3 wheel because it works with the PS3 even though it doesn't have full funtionality, & it only makes sense for PD to include the G25 & DFP in the future games, not everyone can afford to replace the wheel everytime a new game comes out.

I use the G25 wheel. This is one slick piece of hardware, this thing works great with GT4 and GTHD. I can see PD tailoring GT5 around this piece of equipment, it has more than enough buttons, a clutch pedal to boot too. GT5 most definately should include clutching as GTHD demonstrates after each gear shift.

I use a Frex modded DFP myself (See Sig For Pics) and absolutely love it! Too bad Frex wasn't willing to continue carrying their modification work over onto the G25, as I'm sure that would have been one sweet wheel and I would have been the 1st one to buy one... :-)

Back