What you hate about Enthusia

• Thread starter Hun200kmh
  • 29 comments
Portugal
Lisboa
FLAT_TWELVE
Wintertraum !!!

(All great games need, as proof of their greatness, a litle basic bashing - not high level technical discussions about "flaws" - and I decided to officially inaugurate a thread about it)

:D

Not a huge amount

FWD cars (just a statment not taking this any further here - I promise)

The 'fantasy' rally track in a cave - mystic caves I think its called

The 'ring being too bloody dark and smooth (thats not so much a hate - but it does annoy me)

Lack of tuning values and options

The menus

Thats about it

Scaff

The presentation and menu's is the biggerst thing I don't like. The rally track in the cave is a bit too far fetched as well and finally, the lack of proper tuning.

"hate" is too much, but I don't like the game structure. I'd like to have to buy cars, buy parts etc...

for me it's:
~ menu's
~ lack of tuning-opitons
~ the cave-rally-track (as mentioned above)
~ the same things about the 'ring that Scaff mentioned 👍
~ the "car-choice" after a race....

i think that's it for now.

viper

viperpilot
~ the "car-choice" after a race....

viper

Forgot about that one, win a hard battle in EL mode and then the 'lottery' gives you ...... nothing.

Not nice at all, that ones seen me swearing at the cat a lot.

Regards

Scaff

-Mediocre AI (Inconsistency in driving style)
-Intro (Call me dumb if you want but I just don't get it)
-Music (Sounds all the same to me, so I just turn it off)
-Tunning (I wish tunning in real life was this easy)
-No car stats (How much horses does it have? I dunno between 500-1000... in that range for sure :))
-It broke my dfp

Scaff
Forgot about that one, win a hard battle in EL mode and then the 'lottery' gives you ...... nothing.
It's even better if there's only one car available to win, and you still get nothing.

The arcady unlock and level up system. It's really gay IMO. I want to BUY my cars and select upgrade parts to BUY and swap to the exact parts I wan't on the car at any given time after I've BOUGHT them.

- Road surfaces too smooth
- Not enough vibration feedback or variation in feedback. One of the things I do enjoy in GT is the tactile feedback they give you, particularly how you can feel it's a different surface (eg, The Carousel on the Nurb).
- Can't adjust screen brightness quite high enough
- Fairly unintelligent AI

That's about it really. The car unlocking system is a bit annoying, but so far I'm not completely driven up the wall by it.

There's nothing I sincerely hate about Enthusia. I guess I'd have to say that not seeing all the cars in some sort of dealership setting is pretty foul for me. I want to be able to know what it is in the game, not so much on racing certain classes until I get here-and-there looks of all the cars in the game. As of right now, I'm doing GT4 and just KILLING everyone in the Roadster Endurance. I was so far ahead that I switched to B-Spec so I can talk to you good people. Anyhow, back to Enthusia.

GT4 is better than Enthusia. Forza is better than Enthusia. But Enthusia is a very unique game which still remains a highly-interesting title at the end of the day. You know what I was thinking about this game? Enthusia may be the work of a mad scientist's project- combine a racing game with RPG elements. No, you won't be able to summon Bahamut (Final Fantasy series) to inflict every last car on the track so that you can easily win. But more sane things. Drivers and cars level up. You may as well call Enthu Points as HP in common RPGs. If you don't have enough Enthu Points to compete, you'll need to rest and fully restore your Enthu points. It's just like sleeping at an inn or hotel in an RPG. Be warned, though. You may lose ranking points. I think people were quick to smash Enthusia simply because it wasn't in the mold of Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport. While that is a bad thing for some gamers, it is not as bad as you think it is. I simply think of this game as a unique take on modern racing games. There's nothing COMPLETELY wrong with Enthusia's formula. It's just different.

Another fallacy I'd quickly get to is that you have to be almost perfect to keep your Enthu Points and not have perfectly good laps get wiped out. You have to know where off-course is designated. If a wheel goes off course, your Enthu Points suffer. You will even see professional racers go off-course a bit, then come back. But you have to be perfect here.

And there you have it- not being able to see all the different cars in the game and the push for perfection.

i found out, that if you press the X-button at the car under the car you want, you'll get the car you want. sounds weird i know. you have to be quick at pressing the X-button, but i won the R32 and the CTR this way! hope it works for you all "punished by the car-election" out there *gg*

viper

And that's a good thing, Viperpilot. It means you can simply pick up a car without having to save up mad finances just to get the car. About the most outlandish thing I got in my 5-day rental of Enthusia was a Chevrolet Astro. If anything, the first few races in EPR should teach you that racing isn't about "fastest driver wins." It also means that the smartest and most capable driving in ANY level of competition equals victory.

No offense, but if one can't understand that racing is more than being fast all the time, then they shouldn't be playing racing games. This is a lesson even this game teaches gamers.

The thing that really ticked me off was not being able to use the d-pad. Not even an option! I took the game back the same day.

viperpilot
i found out, that if you press the X-button at the car under the car you want, you'll get the car you want. sounds weird i know. you have to be quick at pressing the X-button, but i won the R32 and the CTR this way! hope it works for you all "punished by the car-election" out there *gg*

viper

Bwahahaha. I have every car in the game and I'm only at level 250 or something because of a combo of using this trick and picking races based on the car up for grabs instead of by odds. And plus I like to drift and play around alot when I'm racing so I get 2nd and 3rd alot.

That trick has worked for me occasionally -- I think it helped me get the only unlock I really ever cared about in EL, the E30 M3 :lol: -- but sometimes it just doesn't seem to work.

Anyway, the things I hate about Enthusia --

- The car search function would be more helpful if it were an option rather than the only way to browse the car selection. It would also make more sense if EPR had 500+ cars.
- It's annoying that the Nurburgring -- and all of the other tracks -- are so smooth. The smoothness of the Nurburgring in EPR is the only thing keeping it from being the most accurate recreation of the track available, IMO.
- Only two real tracks -- Tsukuba and the 'Ring.
- Konami didn't include a "Novice Mode" for the physics, so that people wouldn't complain so much about it, more copies would have been sold, and Konami would be producing an EPR2 for us right now. ;)

Wolfe2x7
That trick has worked for me occasionally -- I think it helped me get the only unlock I really ever cared about in EL, the E30 M3 :lol: -- but sometimes it just doesn't seem to work.

- The car search function would be more helpful if it were an option rather than the only way to browse the car selection. It would also make more sense if EPR had 500+ cars.
- It's annoying that the Nurburgring -- and all of the other tracks -- are so smooth. The smoothness of the Nurburgring in EPR is the only thing keeping it from being the most accurate recreation of the track available, IMO.
- Konami didn't include a "Novice Mode" for the physics, so that people wouldn't complain so much about it, more copies would have been sold, and Konami would be producing an EPR2 for us right now. ;)

A-Men to that!!

:cheers:

Wolfe2x7

I really doubt that EPR physic engine will die. I bet we will see that in future games on new systems. ;)

I find the physic of EPR more realistic than LFS.

EDIT: I've been watching Drift Bible again. I understood every movement Tsuchiya showed in the video.

I've got Enthusia and have been playing it alongside GT4 and some other games for a while now. I don't hate it so much, but I don't believe it's going to have the longevitiy that GT4 or some other games have had.

The car lottery brings tears to my eyes... com'on. 8 races without winning a car. The career mode is a bit weak, I think. The selection of tracks could be better. There's plenty of city scape tracks, but not enough 'real' feeling tracks.

However, I do like Dragon Range. Man, that is a challenge.

Enthusia might get played every now and again, but I think it needed to be a little more solid to keep me interested.

Just my 2 cents...

i agree with the career-mode and the track-selection. i think GT4 has more longevitiy because it is a Cult-game, there isn't such a hype about EPR than about the GT-series.

viper

clittle
I've got Enthusia and have been playing it alongside GT4 and some other games for a while now. I don't hate it so much, but I don't believe it's going to have the longevitiy that GT4 or some other games have had.

The car lottery brings tears to my eyes... com'on. 8 races without winning a car. The career mode is a bit weak, I think. The selection of tracks could be better. There's plenty of city scape tracks, but not enough 'real' feeling tracks.

However, I do like Dragon Range. Man, that is a challenge.

Enthusia might get played every now and again, but I think it needed to be a little more solid to keep me interested.

Just my 2 cents...

I see nothing to disagree with here, but for me, the driving physics of Enthusia outweigh those faults when compared to other console sims. :)

What do I hate about Enthusia?

The fact that it was too hard for novices to get into, that it was under hyped so it didn't sell, and that there probably won't be an EPR2.

We can hope, and while we're at it, lets hope it supports the G25's H-gate shifter as well!

Back