Whats better an esprit GT1 or elise GT1

• Thread starter vette_man
  • 9 comments
I dont know which one to buy they have about the same hp I already have an esprit 350 sport stage 4 turbo 603 hp and an elise like 120 hp.I dont get how the elise GT! has 500 hp

:banghead:

so which is better?

im on fire!.......

fierydevil.gif

The Elise GT1 is the Special on the Lotus lot. If you're new to the game, I'd advise you to try the Esprit first, then the Elise GT1 when you know how to set up a car.

If you think you have what it takes, then go crazy with the Elise GT1. But the standard Esprit SE isn't a bad way to go.

Yeah, the Elise is VERY hard to handle for most people. You've generally got to be able to drive cars like the GT90 and Motorsports Elise really easily to be able to drive the Elise GT1 without any settings changes or Racing Modification.

Originally posted by skynyrd
You've generally got to be able to drive cars like the GT90 and Motorsports Elise really easily to be able to drive the Elise GT1 without any settings changes or Racing Modification.
I think I got lucky with the GT90; I tried a similar setting for it that I worked out for the Elise GT1, and thing handles somewhat like a much-heavier 600LM. It handles weird, but it doesn't spin out.

I can't get the MS Elise to my liking. It's either too twitchy, or I've made it too boring to drive by inducing too much understeer. I finally got a normal Elise to my liking, maybe similar settings will make the MS version nicer.

I developed my settings for the Elise GT1 with racing mods, although I haven't tried them with a normal/hard-tuned version.

Elise gt1 without racing mod was already twitchy but with it it was crazy - I remember asking a friend of mine if the car didn´t take a race mod; he showed me a lap in test course with the moddified car and told me that it was impossible to stabilize.

When I got the game I went messing with the car cause it was one of my favourites - if it had a mod to do it would do it. After a while jackpot! The car was still a bit dangerous but it was that same instablility that made him one the few cars that would make corners at unbeliavable speeds - and faster overall too!

by far the esprit, the handling can be a pain unless u have experience with something like the GT90 (steering this is sometimes impossible) it took me forever to get used to, but try this, buy the esprit, go to top speed test, turn around right off the start and run about 5 or 6 laps in reverse to get the hang of its steering, then try running races with it

Back