Whats the best racing game of all time?

• Thread starter Concept
  • 44 comments
I'm going to go a little retro and say GT2. GT3 is great, and the graphics kill, but if I were to scale my enjoyment, I believe that I got far more out of GT2. I miss one of the tracks there too.:(

I actually think that Nascar Heat 2002 is a great game and it is up there on my list but my fav racing game is

Cart World Series!!

The only Cart game that Greg Moore is in, unfortunaly Senna, i dont think n e ways, that he was ever in an F1 game but he might have been in the very first F1 game!

Originally posted by ZeroCool85
I actually think that Nascar Heat 2002 is a great game and it is up there on my list but my fav racing game is

Cart World Series!!

The only Cart game that Greg Moore is in, unfortunaly Senna, i dont think n e ways, that he was ever in an F1 game but he might have been in the very first F1 game!

Nascar heat is awsome. If you have it on the PC, it's even better. (43 cars on the track.)
Ayton might be on some of the old PS1 F1 games. There was a good one made by psygnosis waaaaaay back.

Originally posted by Tom McDonnell
Ayton might be on some of the old PS1 F1 games. There was a good one made by psygnosis waaaaaay back.

Cool, i'll have to find it!

And lap of the God's is on Speedvision!

In terms of context it would be a battle between the original Gran Turismo and the PCs Grand Prix 2.

They're the two stand outs - in context...

He was in the original Microprose GP1.

GP2 was based on the 1994 season but Microprose released it late in 94 so the second Williams driver was Coulthard.

Originally posted by vat_man
He was in the original Microprose GP1.

GP2 was based on the 1994 season but Microprose released it late in 94 so the second Williams driver was Coulthard.

Thanks man, I'm gonna have to find that game!

It's pretty basic now but at the time it was amazing, I think it was based on the '90 season - yeah, it was, the Tyrrell was running the blue and white paint scheme that year (the first high nosed Grand Prix car!).

Senna's McLaren is in the old Marlboro red and whites.

There's a heap of downloads on the net for it.

Actually, just on that, try to get Grand Prix 2 - the detail's alot better and you can download car sets going back to the early 70's (and even different shapes - there was a great set based on the old 2.0 BTCC Supertourers!) - even current tracks.

All of Senna's cars can be found.

I run my own team called CBE Motors (old in-joke) that race in the 555 colours, based on the Subaru rally team's colours. Made it myself, looks great.

Well worth a look...:D

Best racing game over all :

Grand Prix Legends..

I would probably vote for the original Gran Turismo next, this was the game that most certainly broke new ground in driving sims...

Closely followed by GT2, Nascar 4, Viper Racing, Nascar Heat..

Whilst GT3 certainly is a great game, it`s just more of the same, only prettier....downloadable tracks and cars, paintshop, etc, should have been considered, as should have a method to race online..this, and the lack of any decent hacking device on the market has definitley waned my interest in the latest in the mighty GT series.

Best racing game of all time - Supercars 2 on Amiga, great music, highly addictive along with the fact u could rig your car with missiles and mines. :D

i insist that the best racing game ever was Rad Racer for the original Nintendo.....i liked how the car stayed in one position and the track just turned ahead of you and then cars would come flying at you and you'd have to manouver by them.....in fact i think GT3 was heavily influenced by Rad Racer :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .......yah right !!! ...GT3 is so far the best and most realistic racing game ever made but i also like the newer Formula 1 games which are also continuously improving :)

i love those old crappy stupid racing games. i don't know why, but they just are fun in a retro way.

like the CART Racing demo on demo disk 4 for the old school PS-X.
or the Ford Simulator on the computer. 8 bit graphics on a Pentium 2! so much fun!
the list is endless!!!

Originally posted by ViperConcept
What do you think the best racing game of all time is? Any kind of racing game on any system.

Can't believe you needed to ask that question :shakehead I thought it was perfectly obvious to every gamer all over the world!! Racing Car Destruction Set is the one! :cool: or it was until GT3 came along.

Latest Posts

Back