What's the deal?

• Thread starter -Batman-
  • 7 comments
I have a couple problems here, that i imagine are easy to fix with the right knowledge.

#1 - I have a couple cars from the Japanese version that i would like to put onto my other saved file, because it has more money and such. Can you take cars from one file to the other without erasing or overwriting?

#2 - I downloaded a savegame in the GME. format. For some reason my computer won't let me run the GME. format. I set it into my custom memcard slot, everything is a go. I open up my emulator, go to configure, set it into slot 1, but when the game is on it isn't noticed?

#1- Yes you can. Let's say you have your game on memory card 1 slot, and the Japanese game on memory card 2 slot.
Load your game, in the main menu (start game, save game, etc...) go to communications -> trade cars and load the garage from the 2nd memory card. Buy the cars, exit to main menu, go to your garage and you should have them there ;)
Of course that you need to have enough $ for the cars you want to buy.

#2- Use the MemManager.exe (should be in your ePSXe folder) to create a new ePSXe memory card (mcr), and copy the game from the gme file into it. Then you can use the new card with ePSXe.

IT's too bad money doesn't get tranferred from one memory card to another. That would be kewl.

Alright, I used the Memmanager, changed my files to the needed MCR. Now, everytime i go to configure it this is what i get (see uploaded images)

It says formatted, no blocks used! But its clearly a savegame with block...i dont understand this whole savegame stuff...I got my savegame from pupik

http://pupik-gt2.tripod.com/saves/index.htm

i've gotta be doin something wrong but what!

Attachments

• thing1.JPG
    thing1.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 11
  • thing2.JPG
    thing2.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 10
  • thing3.JPG
    thing3.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 10
After creating the mcr memory card you need to copy the game from the dex save into it. Then you need to save the new card.

Are you sure you saved it, after copying the game?

Latest Posts

Back