What's the hardest car you've tuned?

• Thread starter vette_7t9
  • 14 comments
Post the name of the hardest you've ever tuned in GT2, along with tune-up time and what was the hardest part about the tuning.

The GT350 was the hardest car for me to tune. 1hr 15 mins. The gear ratios were the hardest.

The Stingray 69 427 L88 was the second hardest, around 5 mins everyday the last 9 days(about 45 mins total). Suspension and brake balancing were hardest.

Third hardest is Mustang SVT Cobra 99, this morning I spent 45 mins tuning it, still got some work to do.

Try tuning the Ford GT-90.
I have never been able to get it to handle. Of course i didn't add TCM.

Originally posted by duane_ky
HKS Drag 180SX. I worked on this thing for almost 6 hours, and I still couldnt get the d*mn thing to turn!:mad: :banghead: :irked: :boggled:

It's because you can't, you have to slow to about 60-70 MPH just to go around super speedway:eek:

Drag cars arent supposed to turn, or they'll crash in a drag race. Anyways, wats a proven way to make a car handle better and faster? Im working on my 69 427 Vette and its takin forever......

lol how many people are gonna waste their time trying to make drag racers into track cars....:rolleyes: surprisingly ive heard of way too many people that've tried

Originally posted by vette_7t9
Post the name of the hardest you've ever tuned in GT2, along with tune-up time and what was the hardest part about the tuning.

The GT350 was the hardest car for me to tune. 1hr 15 mins. The gear ratios were the hardest.

The Stingray 69 427 L88 was the second hardest, around 5 mins everyday the last 9 days(about 45 mins total). Suspension and brake balancing were hardest.

Third hardest is Mustang SVT Cobra 99, this morning I spent 45 mins tuning it, still got some work to do.
my cobra jet mustang, had to change the plugs from underneath

My three toughest cars to tune:

Lotus Elise GT1 (Spend about 3 hours, and it was well worth the time and effort.)
Speed 12 (Put it down, try again. Put it down, try again. Eureka...though it never seems very stable.)
3000GT LM '99 (Yes, it's easy to drive, but finally flossing out the understeer was quite an achievement to me.)

I found the Elise MS and the GT90 weren't all that difficult. Different strokes for different....

Originally posted by pupik
My three toughest cars to tune:

Lotus Elise GT1 (Spend about 3 hours, and it was well worth the time and effort.)
Speed 12 (Put it down, try again. Put it down, try again. Eureka...though it never seems very stable.)
3000GT LM '99 (Yes, it's easy to drive, but finally flossing out the understeer was quite an achievement to me.)

I found the Elise MS and the GT90 weren't all that difficult. Different strokes for different....
dialin in the Vip for max air

i had lots....toyota supra RZ w/R...understeers alot at high speed, nissan sky;ine gt-r r34..same as supra....on way to get them to perform well is to decrease the hp to a decent level...my gt-r is running at 500 or so...my supar is now 400hp or so...i only use them in races with cars around their HP....the performance is really nice with low hp but any higher they do really bad...a car too fast has low traction and bad turnings at high speed if it don't have enough downforce or any at all....

Originally posted by LVT Racing
i had lots....toyota supra RZ w/R...understeers alot at high speed, nissan sky;ine gt-r r34..same as supra....on way to get them to perform well is to decrease the hp to a decent level...my gt-r is running at 500 or so...my supar is now 400hp or so...i only use them in races with cars around their HP....the performance is really nice with low hp but any higher they do really bad...a car too fast has low traction and bad turnings at high speed if it don't have enough downforce or any at all....
Increase the grip to hold the car in turns

Latest Posts

Back