What's With The GT-One?

• Thread starter Shannon
  • 41 comments
Basically every thread someone has to bring up something about the Toyota GT-One. What is so good about it? What I mean is, it's not like it's the fastest car in the game. The Escudo would piss all over it.

BTW, please don't, bring up anything about everyone liking the Escudo and Viper.

The Toyota GT-ONE properly tuned is a much better road car than the Escudo. Even with the nearly 300 hp deficit. The GT-ONE road car can be tuned to 975 HP which makes it more comparable HP wise to the ESCUDO and still with better handling.
IF you are road racing an Escudo you have either spent a ridiculous amount of time tuning, or you are wall riding and using your acceleration to win.
With the Escudo, skill is a moot point.

Agreed, there is not much that will hold the power to weight ratio, balance of the suspension and total package the GT-One has to offer.
Cant get much better than that.
Oh, it does take a good driver to make it fast.
Once youve got the touch and feel for the car, its FAST.
Misnblu

I have to go with the GT ONE 98 Road Verson. But Escudo all the way for Rally Racing! Also IN reality for daily driving id never take the GT ONE LOL , i'd settle with 91 Skyline GTS haha

well, have you tuned your escudo for the road, the thing is wicked, but i don't mean to protect the escudo, it's just to good

If that was for me yes I have tuned and used it for road racing. Me and my friend would compete I'd use the Escudo he'd use the 98 roadversion GTone fully tuned. I beat him on every course with the Escudo. When I played against the owner of the import car shop it was half and half with all the courses on 2 player mode. So now I just believe with two great drivers using those cars it's just about even. Now I dont use either car lol. Just beat all the License with golds and beat the game last week. Now just fixing up every car and having fun. Hey whats all your guys's race's won percentage? I screwed up one day and lost the 100% and went down to 97.6

the Richmeisters 2 cents= every body here is right on the money. I can waste anyone who knows me in the gt-1 against them in the escudo. However, if that crazy girl broke your date for this weekend, take the time out and you can make the escudo into a street sweeper. Without riding the walls. the secret I think, is in the drive train. you need to get all of your diff's working together and set up your personal flavor of oversteer/understeer.

Ok man, but you need to remember the lead I would have coming off the line withthe Escudo. And I never ride the walls, mater fact my fiend had to ride the walls with the 98 GT ONE Road version to beat me. Since I moved havent found a local game shop that holds competitions. If anyone in here lives in Indiana and knows of any GT comps let me know. Later'z

Whenever i had the GT-One i never tuned it.. I just suped it up to its full potential by buying everything i could for it and ran it as it was... No wall riding, no dirt cutting.. Just braking, accelerating, and turning at the right time.

I took the GT1 on the test course and got it up to about 260. Myabe it coud go faster. It was the road version at 975 HP. And it rides like it's on rails. I't my favorite car for now. I can get a 1:09 (something something) on Laguna in it. And Yeah, I can get a 1:03 in the Escudo, hitting every wall, but that don't count in my book.

The GT-One one of the nimblest cars in the game; it was crafrted purely so Toyota could say it built a car for the streets that might actually win the 24 hours of Le Mans. It resembles an formula one car with fenders, it's light, it's powerful; it's really a masterful car, built to the exact specifications of being fast and handling, no more, no less.

Unfortunately, it's too easy to win with it, not much personality to it. But I like it for attacking lap records and taking corners like few cars can. It's also not as brainless to dirve as an Escudo, but fairly easy to drive. I have more respect for those who can setup a Speed 12 or a Lotus Elise GT1 rather than be quick right out of the box.

Originally posted by KanaL
wat? you can tune the GT-one to 900+ HP? tell me which version and how please!
Road car.
It also has the adjustable susp.
My former fave the Nissan R390-GT1 road car can be tuned to 833 HP. Unfortunately the only way to mess with the handling is to tune the brake strength with a rearward bias to help swing the tail out on tight turns. It will lap Red Rock in under a minute.

R390 used to be my favorite. I drove the road version on Autumn ring the other night and it was bliss.

I remember struggling with Autumn Ring when I first got GT1. Then, after having not raced it in a long time, improving as a driver like 1000% since then and taking GT2 cars on it, it was so cool. I remembered every detail of the track. With a car like the R390 it was nearly perfect.

I like taking new cars on the old tracks.

But about this Toyota GT-1. There was a while there where I thought it was really great but I got sick of it, just as I suspected I would. It's just not as much fun when you're 10 car lengths ahead before the 2nd lap. I like keeping it a little more competitive.

I would never sell any of my GT-Ones
I have all three, but my favorite is the '98 Race Car (the black flames on red)
-The engine isn't as powerful as the Road version, but you know what she says "It's not the size that counts, it's how you use it," but then they go behind your back and make fun of you with their friends :rolleyes: :P

I took my GT1 Road Version on Laguna Seca last night and it just wasn't fun anymore. I think I burned out on it. Lately I've been more into lower HP races (under 600 but over 300).

The GT-One Road Car is ok, but the GT-One Race cars are freakin great. I have the race one that's red with white flames, but not the one you win from the license test.

The problem most people have with the GT One is that you can't drive it like a tuned street car.....meaning that you can't slide tail out, you can't enter corners a little sideways, ect...

You need to actually DRIVE the Gt One like an actuall race car and let the downforce and suspension balance the car. That means diving into corners on the brakes, apexing the corner while feathering the throttle and letting the differential work, and powering out of the corner nice and straight.

The Escudo is just a beast, but if the suspension is set correctly, it corner's like it's on rails, even at 170-190mph or more. I've NEVER had to wall ride with the Escudo.

Most of the race cars are better than their road car counterparts in this game, ex the GT-ONE's, GT40, etc.

And the Escudo isn't that fast. Fast as in top speed. Really, take it out, you will hardly hit 260. I think my best is about 263.1, no drafting.

Originally posted by j2s
when, in a race, does one have the opportunity, or need, to go 260mph?

Well until about five years ago you could get close on the Mulsane Straight in the 24 hrs of Le Mans. But they took that fun away when a mercedes, like the one in my avatar, exceeded 250mph and they put in a bunch of chicanes :shakehead

But the GT One does have exceptional mid-range torque. It accelerates out of turns better than almost any other car in the game. You just gotta know how to brake hard going in.

On Laguna you can get close to 200mph coming up to the corkscrew... if you dare :lol:

Back