Whats with the Japanese cars?

Why does gt2 seem to revolve around japanese cars. There are more Japanese cars than any of the other nationalities put together. Plus theyre the only dealers that have used cars. Whats up with that? :confused:

Mmm... Japanese software developers, based in Japan, PSX very strongly supported in Japan, strong Japanese car manufacturer support.....can't think.

Well, if the European manufacturers got on board....

Doesn't help when EA have signed up anyone remotely interesting...

I get asked that alot :)

Well, when I signed up, I thought that the name 'eddy' would be taken, as with everything else I sign up for, so I didn't bother about trying, I just wacked those last letters on (I dunno, just sounds cool i guess :lol:)

Whats wrong with the Japanese cars??
I think they rock and are in high demand among true tuners here in America.
Heck, every pic you see in SuperStreet Magazine shows some kind of JDM product or someone emulating the thing.
Theres nothing wrong with the Japanese cars as they really are into racing. To be honest, the racing scene in Japan puts our American racing system to shame, especially Nascar. ewww
So, until other manufacturers catch up with the fever the Japanese have with racing, youll see more Japanese cars than not.
Misnblu
What I wouldnt do for a twin turbo Skyline. :odd: ;) :(

Originally posted by Y2TUSCAN
What would you rather watch Nascar or JGTC??

Ive watched Nascar and the only time they really get excited is during crashes.
Its funny to watch sometimes. Theyll run out of things to say and then theyll have the little surround sound thing going to keep you watching. lol
Formula 1, Cart, Indy league and Imsa are so much more fun to watch as there is real driving involved. I especially love the inside shots looking outside, great footage.
Now, whats JGTC and pardon my ignorance.
Misnblu

Japanese GT. Basically its their race series, thats where the TOMS Castrol supra, Calsonic skyline, Taisan viper, Mobil1 NSX et al come from. ive only seen it once but it looks helluva better than nascar. Nascar is even more boring than F1 :sleep:

Originally posted by Y2TUSCAN
Japanese GT. Basically its their race series, thats where the TOMS Castrol supra, Calsonic skyline, Taisan viper, Mobil1 NSX et al come from. ive only seen it once but it looks helluva better than nascar. Nascar is even more boring than F1 :sleep:

Yeah, I wish I had cable or satellite to watch some of the racing from Japan. Its got to be some of the most exciting racing there is.
Love the cars and its like watching GT3 live on television.
Oh and F1 isnt all that boring.
Some of the tracks are very challenging and love the speed of the cars.
Lastly, I just cant see why Nascar is so popular. If ppl would get a look at some of the racing and rallying going on, they would forget about a bunch of rolling bill boards on wheels. And how can they call those 'stock cars"?
I wont go on.
Misnblu

I live in the Uk so I get some good stuff DTM (German Touring Cars) BTTC (British Touring cars) ETTC (European Touring Cars) F3, F3000, the list goes on. But thats a good one those cars certainly arent stock. Fine F1 isnt that bad either, Monaco was a great race but this year its just more of the same.

damn, have you ever seen so many stickers on a car?

imagine how much they'd each cost to stick them there...

i heard that a tiny little AMD sticker on the back wing of the ferrari cost something like 3milionUSD (not sure tho, may have been bull****) anually!

Attachments

• 016m.jpg
    016m.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 86
Originally posted by KanaL
damn, have you ever seen so many stickers on a car?

imagine how much they'd each cost to stick them there...

i heard that a tiny little AMD sticker on the back wing of the ferrari cost something like 3milionUSD (not sure tho, may have been bull****) anually!
Come to think about it, looks like Japanese Nascar. lol :D :lol:
Thats some expensive advertising.
Misnblu

Back