What's your Dream Car, and are you pursuing it?

I honestly dream of owning a lot of cars and having a big garage to store them all in. With that said, here are some of my major dream cars:

1. An original Dodge Viper GTS, preferrably a blue one with white stripes.
1996-dodge-viper-gts-coupe-drivers-front.jpg

Ford GT40 Mk.1
ca0816-244573_1@2x.jpg

A 1966 Shelby GT350 Mustang, preferrably in green with white stripes.
58312-1966-shelby-gt350-fastback.jpg

A 2003-04 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra, this is probably one of my more attainable dream cars.
2003_ford_mustang_svt_cobra_1555012381a3b973450bf6aScreen-Shot-2019-04-11-at-12.52.38-PM-e1555622459251.png

A R33 Nissan Skyline GT-R in Midnight Purple.
2C3A8316_84eb1d72-09d0-4d53-bcd0-7d8c56eedd55_1024x1024.jpg

I had this as my last profile picture, a 4th Gen Toyota Supra Turbo. I would especially love to have a green or blue one.
toyota-supra_100700444_m.jpg

My dream family car at the moment, the current gen Audi RS6 Avant.
BMW-M5-Facelift-vs-Audi-RS6-Avant-2.jpg

@RandomCarGuy17, if you where mechanically inclined, I had a Mustang for you. My uncle had a drivetrain less '96 (the generation behind the SVT you posted) Saleen Mustang. And in my opinion, might be better looking. He is not a car buy, and parted with it for $2,000.

IMG_4876-762x456.jpg

Last edited:
if you where mechanically inclined, I had a Mustang for you.
Thanks for the offer, but I'm not mechanically inclined...yet. That and I'm not actually car shopping right now. I'm more so just dreaming.

Also, if your uncle lives in the same state as you; that's quite a drive from Maryland to get a SN95 Saleen without a working drivetrain.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not mechanically inclined...yet. That and I'm not actually car shopping right now. I'm more so just dreaming.

Also, if your uncle lives in the same state as you; that's quite a drive from Maryland to get a SN95 Saleen without a working drivetrain.

He already sold it a few weeks ago, but I told him he was sitting on something more than what he sold it for.

Maryland wouldn't be too much travel if it's a good deal.

Another dream car I have is the Lexus SC300. Bought one with just a tick over 100K miles my sophomore year of college (so '09-'10) for $3K. Now seeing as people are treating it as a Supra-lite (owing to it's shared platform), they are $10K+ cars. Again attainable, just like the Land Cruiser, pulling the trigger is a no. Especially living in Michigan, where we must have invented rust. I like warranties, and my Subaru BRZ came with a decent one.

240a7295ca43e50674b48fa32819b2fbb9da8c4d.jpg

The one I have set my heart on, is a Replica Shelby Daytona Coupe:
1965-shelby-daytona-coupe-factory-five

I want it in British Racing Green (A ode to it's AC roots) with white stripes. A 427 mated to a five speed manual. And, the modern features such as AC, sound proofing, and a sound system installed.

My goal is to get it either before, or as, a retirement gift to myself.

About 25 years to go...

Last edited:
Something like this:
m-6007-z2427fft.jpg

(Ford Performance Crate Engine 427 CID, 535 HP With Z2 Cylinder Heads, Front Sump)
535HP @ 5600 RPM
545 Lb. Ft Torque @ 4500 RPM
10.5:1 Compression
Nothing too crazy.

Last edited:
Realistic dream car? A Volvo V60 Polestar in Cyan Racing Blue. I found one and nearly bought it, but they're expensive to maintain and there aren't very many of them which makes them fairly expensive. I ended up getting a 2019 S60 instead since it was right around $40k with around 5,000 miles whereas the V60 Polestar I had my eye on was several thousand more, with more miles and two years older. It didn't make a ton of sense to me financially, so I reluctantly let it go.

Not so realistic? I really want a Polestar 1, but I doubt that's going to happen.

When i was a kid, this car was my dream just because of NFS 3 HP. Played this game waaaay to much...

1998_Chevrolet_Corvette_C5_at_Hatfield_Heath_Festival_2017.jpg

It's so pretty...

I'm also a fan of station wagons. I love them all!

filename-5-960x600.jpg

Now i don't have dreams anymore, feelsbad. The wall inside the spoiler below can tell you why.

Let's advance a few more years. Now i know a lot more about cars and, most importantly, about MONEY. Damn money...
So i tried to look for something that i could actually buy... well, no good. Being a brazilian who likes cars is like being in hell when you want snow.

How about this: Subaru Impreza. Nice car, don't you think? Doesn't matter the year. 95, 98, 08 or 2020. They are all good. Well, here in Brazil any Subaru from 2012 up to 2020 costs around 120-300k reais. Ignoring the whole economy mess right now, try to putting this into american expectative, is liking you're spending 50k dollars. What's the real price of a 2020 Impreza? 18k? 25k? Do you guys see my point?

Another one: used Mitsubishi Eclipse 1998. How much is that in the US? 5k? Well, if you find one here, you probably gonna find a Eclipse from 1995, with more than 120k km on the engine that costs 9x more.
What i'm trying to say is that it's ****ing hard to find something "enthusiastic" here.

Ford Maverick. Does't matter the condition. About 120k reais is the minimum. The avarage price? 250-300k. I bet you can find a restored Maverick on US with, like, 70k miles, for 30k dollars. Here we have to pay 10x more.

Final option: look at your own country! There's gotta be something there! Oh yes there is alright. There's Sanderos, Puntos, Ups, Corollas, Civics and Argos, Golfs........ That's the """"sport""" line in this damn country. AND THEY'RE STILL ****ING EXPENSIVE AS FU AAAA I HATE THIS!

Now i don't have a dream car. I'm just trying to take care of my current car, which is a SpaceFox. And then, again... wagons are dead on this country. There's literally no wagons here anymore... you have to import one, which, ...again... costs 20x more than anywhere else on the world...

I forgot all about the Fiat Abarth Competizione. As strange as it may seem, this is a dream car I really want but because I already have a Fiat 500 it's not likely that I'm going to get an Abarth Competizione.

iu

Every time I see one, I turn my head as if I'm looking at an expensive sportscar. :D

Last edited:
Third post in a row.

The new Audi e-tron GT. I'm not sure if these electric cars are reliable. I wonder how much it will cost.

iu

90% of this concept car will make in the production car. :crazy: :eek:

Is it strange that I prefer this car over my all-time favorite car, the 911?

Last edited:
One of my dream cars is the BMW E60 M5. I just love the sound of that V10 and its performance. It breaks my heart that the S85 engine is just such an unreliable POS along with a myriad of other issues these cars have.

I could pursue it but not a fan of the thought of having a massive money pit eating up my savings - at the moment anyway. I’ll have to settle for my 520d M-Sport for now.

E60-BMW-M5-13.jpg

Last edited:
I have two dream cars: one unobtainium (unless i win the lottery) and one i'm chasing currently.

Unobtainium:
lfbBwH6gHTxs3kfy8ArWYBiLoQmXNGn-JrvElI_GtAouZ0qMbonncmMEWzoXGVA2Rc4IoSe1TcesmBWT5eijv0VisTCN0xKFoWIMxPNLfyxsg2RW2NS97Z4zv4O7JFlvi0s45w

Which I would than ask MSO to convert to F1 GT-spec.

My current car i'm chasing:
maxresdefault.jpg

I'd prefer a Camaro ZL1 in the color above (Krypton Green) but I'll take what I can get.

My dream car tends to change every decade or so. As a child I adored the Lamborghini Murcielago, as a teenager my dream machine was a black McLaren MP4-12C Spider, and as of late its a white Aston Martin DBS Superleggera Volante (that's a mouthful).
Aston_Martin-DBS_Superleggera_Volante-2020-1280-7d.jpg

But I doubt I'll be able to afford so much as a Jaguar F-Type in my lifetime. Euro cars are exceptionally expensive, especially in North America, where a Mercedes A-Class or BMW 2 series can cost as much as a large truck. I'm still in my late twenties, so there's a long future ahead for me, but frankly, I want a nice car while I'm still young enough to enjoy it. To actually participate in the current car scene, attend meets and convoys, maybe even be a bit reckless on the back roads with a car to be proud of. And my base model 2003 VW Golf ain't getting me there. Its a fine car that's worked for me for five years despite having 250,000km and three previous owners, but it isn't much more than a point a to b vehicle.

I just don't want to end up like most of the other desirable car owners in town, waiting for retirement to finally get that dream ride. By then, is it even worth it (genuine question)? When you're middle class, and have no knowledge on car restoration, you either buy something nice early and stick with it, making friends & memories along the way, or you drive a characterless a to b car and save your earnings to get something VERY nice decades later.

I would like to do the latter, to save and maybe get a Jag or Aston someday... but sometimes, dreams and reality have to meet in the middle...
dodge1.PNG

Ordering it in early June after my first Covid vaccine, so my color preference and financial plan may change by then, but I'm dead set on the car.

Last edited:
I wouldn't get yourself down on the prospect. The difference between the 70 grand you spend on a Jaaaaaaag and the 70 grand you spend on a Silverado is that if you bought the latter it wouldn't have been like if you simply set half of your money on fire within two years.

If only I had the money to buy a ............................ Lamborghini Miura SV '71. :(

Mk1 Mini Cooper S

In reaching my goal, I'm right where I am. Not close and not far.
Some years ago, me and my wife,a spent all our money on our defunct art gallery, sold her Megane, left Melbourne and been figuring what we want to do next.

We've been looking at vans, wagons for my wife and the Jimny(I'd like one, but not keen being on a waiting list). She's all for me getting my Mini, especially with us having an indoor garage spot in our new place. However, Minis are ridiculously expensive here, in Australia. We'll see.
Saw this one, 10 years ago, at an all British Day. Took a pic of it with my daughter(her nickname is Mini ;) ).
Look what I saw today. Still looks crisp.
I want mine just like this.

IMG_20210529_122401.jpg
IMG_20210529_122340.jpg

Third post in a row.

The new Audi e-tron GT. I'm not sure if these electric cars are reliable. I wonder how much it will cost.

iu

90% of this concept car will make in the production car. :crazy: :eek:

Is it strange that I prefer this car over my all-time favorite car, the 911?
Not anymore. Since I saw one IRL in an Audi showroom, I'm totally not interested anymore in the car.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes it's better to dream than to have it all.

It’s better to have an impossible dream than no dream at all.

Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts of men.

My dream car tends to change every decade or so. As a child I adored the Lamborghini Murcielago, as a teenager my dream machine was a black McLaren MP4-12C Spider, and as of late its a white Aston Martin DBS Superleggera Volante (that's a mouthful).
View attachment 1012565

But I doubt I'll be able to afford so much as a Jaguar F-Type in my lifetime. Euro cars are exceptionally expensive, especially in North America, where a Mercedes A-Class or BMW 2 series can cost as much as a large truck. I'm still in my late twenties, so there's a long future ahead for me, but frankly, I want a nice car while I'm still young enough to enjoy it. To actually participate in the current car scene, attend meets and convoys, maybe even be a bit reckless on the back roads with a car to be proud of. And my base model 2003 VW Golf ain't getting me there. Its a fine car that's worked for me for five years despite having 250,000km and three previous owners, but it isn't much more than a point a to b vehicle.

I just don't want to end up like most of the other desirable car owners in town, waiting for retirement to finally get that dream ride. By then, is it even worth it (genuine question)? When you're middle class, and have no knowledge on car restoration, you either buy something nice early and stick with it, making friends & memories along the way, or you drive a characterless a to b car and save your earnings to get something VERY nice decades later.

I would like to do the latter, to save and maybe get a Jag or Aston someday... but sometimes, dreams and reality have to meet in the middle...
View attachment 1012563

Ordering it in early June after my first Covid vaccine, so my color preference and financial plan may change by then, but I'm dead set on the car.

Now they are advertising bi-weekly payment costs? Whatever it takes to get that payment under $300 I guess...

I'm gonna dream big and really want these cars:
  • Porsche 356 Coupe
  • Porsche Carrera G50 Coupe '89 or a convertible, the only convertible that I like
  • Porsche 930 in black
  • Porsche 964 Turbo
  • Porsche 993 S with turbo trim or a 993 Turbo
  • Porsche 996 GT3 latest gen
  • Porsche 997.2 GTS and GT3 RS
  • Porsche 991.2 GTS and Touring
  • Porsche 992 (waiting for the GTS to decide which 992 I'd like to have) and the new GT3
  • Ferrari F40.
  • Lamborghini Miura (latest model)
  • MST Mk1 with bubble wheel arches
  • Maybe a modern single seater like the BAC Mono
  • EDIT: I forgot a daily driver: Mercedes E63 S AMG break

Last edited:
Now they are advertising bi-weekly payment costs? Whatever it takes to get that payment under $300 I guess...

To clarify, bi-weekly as in every two weeks, not twice a week. One of those terms that means two things, but yes it is an option now.

Realistically:
  • 2021 Ford Bronco (any trim)
  • 2018 Toyota 86 (I haven't warmed up to the latest face-lift yet) or 2019 Hyundai Veloster N
Unrealistically:
  • 2022 Acura NSX Type-S
  • 1999 Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 (getting close to them being legal to import, so you never know...)
  • 2023 Sony Vision S

There are many cars I'd love to own, but the original Volkswagen Transporter tops the list. I don't care if it has 5, 9, 11, 13, 15, 19, 21 or 23 windows. Just give me that first generation van. There's almost no chance of me ever owning one now. Prices has skyrocketed into what was once classic Ferrari territory.
5.jpg

9.jpg

11.jpg

13.jpg

15.jpg

19.jpg

21.jpg

23.jpg

Back