Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Team Fortress Classic

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • other (please specify)

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Sole
read topic :P

Wow, this thread didn't get very far. Does anyone play regular Half-Life anymore? I thought it was tons of fun, but I could never find a server with 'normal' people playing. They were always little rabbid 14 year olds who did nothing but play first person shooters all day long.

~LoudMusic

*cough* CRAP!*cough*

UT is a much better game and Unreal 2 will destroy all of the Half-Life crap. I was at Recon 2000 LAN Party this past summer and it was all CS, and I played it and I utterly hated it, um let's see, 2 shots in the foot with a 9mm and your dead, that's not realistic.

Originally posted by ZeroCool85
*cough* CRAP!*cough*

UT is a much better game and Unreal 2 will destroy all of the Half-Life crap. I was at Recon 2000 LAN Party this past summer and it was all CS, and I played it and I utterly hated it, um let's see, 2 shots in the foot with a 9mm and your dead, that's not realistic.

I totally agree.... but a couple of shots in the foot with a 9mm, I guarantee that you'll go down, not able to run, hop, or scale large flights of stairs anymore....and you can also forget about strafeing accross a morade of enemy's fire while laying down a spread of bullets. So had might as well be dead, your not going anywhere... ;)

Originally posted by Pako

I totally agree.... but a couple of shots in the foot with a 9mm, I guarantee that you'll go down, not able to run, hop, or scale large flights of stairs anymore....and you can also forget about strafeing accross a morade of enemy's fire while laying down a spread of bullets. So had might as well be dead, your not going anywhere... ;)

2 shots with the Desert Eagle in the foot and u'd wish you were dead, but this game is so unrealistic its not even funny. I know UT isnt realistic becuz its not supposed to be but CS is, nuf said!

With exception to the health packs.... Medal Of Honor: Allied Assult is a pretty realistic game... :eek: Check it out if you haven't yet... Well worth the $50!

With exception to the health packs.... Medal Of Honor: Allied Assult is a pretty realistic game... :eek: Check it out if you haven't yet... Well worth the $50!

I am prolly gonna get this game this weekend, Wolfenstien was worth the $55 for a half-way realistic game (weapons).

Originally posted by ZeroCool85

I am prolly gonna get this game this weekend, Wolfenstien was worth the $55 for a half-way realistic game (weapons).

For a single player mode, I thought that MOH: AA was quite a bit better in game play. Graphical detail varried, some cases, RTCW had more detail, but for the most part, I thought MOH had a LOT more detail.... But the gameplay is the real clincher... When you get the game, you'll know what I mean..

Oh....and to get back on topic - Counter-Strike...

For a single player mode, I thought that MOH: AA was quite a bit better in game play. Graphical detail varried, some cases, RTCW had more detail, but for the most part, I thought MOH had a LOT more detail.... But the gameplay is the real clincher... When you get the game, you'll know what I mean..

Oh....and to get back on topic - Counter-Strike...

K Pako :), yeah CS sucks~!
jump.gif

I've always noticed that the only people that dislike CS are the ones who aren't very good at it... :P
It's a game, suspend all whining about realism, I repeat it's a game. :P
Actually, all kidding aside, the success of CS is entirely based on the fact that there is no other multi player FPS that can offer it's range of MP options. What other game can you buy Weaponry with money you earn based on how many of your friends you can shoot in the rear? ;)
It's also still the best Squad based game out there, even though several others (I actually enjoy RTCW much more, but mostly because the graphics are way better) nipping at it's heels.
CS2 is on the way, and Global Ops is coming as well (Made by CS's developers) perhaps those will be more 'realistic'
And we also have to remember that CS is not a professional mission pack, it's a user created mod that was tweaked in house. :)

BTW, I have lot's of kills in RTCW where all I saw was a hand, or a foot. 😈

Acutally Tom I am quite good at the game, not real good and not real bad. I just got tried of dieing so fast, yes it offers great MP but so does UT.

About RTCW, it is not ment to be a realistic game like CS is. Give me a Mauser rifle with the scope and i'll shot them in the foot until they die, that's painful man!

Its a good game whenever I go up to my uncles house we play a few games of it, I always lose becuz he's had it for like 2 years.

You can't really compare CS to UT or Infiltration. All three are different games with different entertainment goals in mind. If you want to compare first person shooters you'll have to compare Half-Life (unmodified) with UT and Quake 3. Those are the competitors.

Counter-Strike: 'Semi-realistic fast pased team oriented game'
Infiltration: 'Extreme realism slow pased team oriented game'

Half-Life, Quake 3, Unreal Tournament: 'Close to zero realism, extreme fast pased no team goals'

What I like about CS:
You can jump in a game and just kill, but there is that bit of team orientation that makes for a bit of a strategy game. But there isn't so much strategy that you are kept up late at night working on 'battle plans' that you hope your 14 year old team mates will go along with.

What I like about Infiltration:
It's so incredibly realistic.

All the others:
KILL KILL KILL! (:

Sometimes it's nice to just fill someone full of hornets in Half-Life, sometimes it's nice to blow their head off with a rail gun in Q3. Other times ... I want to orchistrate some team manuver to destroy another team and steal their data disk (:

~LoudMusic

Back