Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Venturi

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Volkswagen

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Acura

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I was wondering what's the most popular car manufacturer from GT2... so, which one is your favorite?

Mine is Toyota, followed by Mazda and TVR. Just love those GT-Ones, MR2 and Supras (Celicas are nice too) :D

MacRoadster
I was wondering what's the most popular car manufacturer from GT2... so, which one is your favorite?

Mine is Toyota, followed by Mazda and TVR. Just love those GT-Ones, MR2 and Supras (Celicas are nice too) :D
Nissan rules see how much i love skylines in my nissan skyline lovers thread :) :) :) :) :)

MacRoadster
Yes i know you love Skylines :)
I like Skylines too but i prefer it's rival... the Supra! :D
Can't we all just love them both?! :dopey: They both amount to endless hours of fun.

On topic, Nissan and Toyota. ;)

I just had to vote for TVR, the Cerberra in GT1 is soooo much fun!!! The Speed 12 in GT2 also swayed my vote, TVR's rule...

Saleen Man
Can't we all just love them both?! :dopey: They both amount to endless hours of fun.
Sure we can, it just happens that i like more of Supras. I have nothing against Skylines or people that likes more of them :)

TMM
I just had to vote for TVR, the Cerberra in GT1 is soooo much fun!!! The Speed 12 in GT2 also swayed my vote, TVR's rule...
TVR's are my second, together with Mazda, but my favorite TVR is the Griffith. Not the most powerful but alot of fun, after all it has the "spirit of driving"... :D

In GT1 it was easy: Dodge with their Viper was my favorite. With GT2, As usual, I can't say I have a favorite manufacturer. I love Shelby (Cobra 427 & Series 1) I love the Dodge Viper. I love TVRs, Rover Mini, Jaguar, Toyota's MA70 Supra, Nissan, BMW, Mercedes, Renault's Clio...I mean, the list goes on and on. I'm a car lover! :) I tend to have a ‘flavor of the week’ tho. Right now, my flavor is the '71 Nissan Skyline (Datsun 510 to us yanks). I just rocked the Seattle enduro with it the other day.

Last edited:
After seeing the results from the favorite cities poll, i was expecting the Japanese manufacturers to lead this one, and in fact Nissan has been leading it so far... however seeing Ruf and Venturi already with votes surprises me, i was expecting Dodge Vipers and Chevrolet Corvettes to follow the Japanese... :rolleyes:

No, that aint gonna happen unless you cross-section more people. Too bad the GT2 forum isn't more popular.

Parnelli Bone
No, that aint gonna happen unless you cross-section more people. Too bad the GT2 forum isn't more popular.
You're right, 16 votes on the Skyline lovers, 11 votes on the favorite cities and 8 votes here so far... not many people around... :(

-Batman-
You made me pick, so i picked Shelby. In the game not that impressed really, but im a huge muscle car guy

Me too, -Batman-. I just started doing Event Generator races a couple weeks ago and I've been putting 400-500 hp 'cudas, Corvettes, and Cougars in. When you put a car with this much power in the race, the computer responds with an assortment of Skylines, 3000 GTs, and other cars that should kick my a$$ but usually I can still win against them...depending on what track we wind up racing on.

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
Me too, -Batman-. I just started doing Event Generator races a couple weeks ago and i've been putting 400-500 hp 'cudas, Corvettes, and Cougars in. When you put a car with this much power in the race, the computer responds with an assortment of Skylines, 3000 GTs, and other cars that should kick my a$$ but usually i can still win against them...depending on what track we wind up racing on.

haha that rocks. I think that somehow the computer should be able to read the cars stats and not just match power to power.

-Batman-
haha that rocks. I think that somehow the computer should be able to read the cars stats and not just match power to power.

Well I've noticed that when you enter a muscle car that's nearly stock, the computer will throw in a couple of muscle cars for you to race against, but they tend to lag behind. They've got the power, but they just don't have the handling to keep up. So you're still competing against Mine's Skylines... Nismo 400Rs... Tommy K. sports cars. But when you start upping your car's power: a Stage 1 or 2 NA kit, racing exhaust, etc., the computer doesn't even bother entering other muscle cars. Fine by me... so long as I've got somebody to really compete against...so long as I get my racing fix!

Last edited:
Again, another bump (hey, I'm bored) What's your fave manufacturer?

Last edited:
I'd have to say Venturi. Yes, they only have 3 cars. But those three cars cover every fun class of racing (200-250 BHP, 350-450 BHP 600-800 BHP), and they are all a great drive. And you can buy all of them!
2nd would be Mitsubishi, simply because of the '92 3000GT VR-4.
3rd would be Ford, because of the 11K Mercury Cougar (can you say friggin' cheap speed? Add $11,000 to it for the FC tranny and you have a legitimate fast car.).
4th would be Chevy, because of the Corvette ZR-1, Grand Sport and '69 427.

red70mach1
I like the RS200 from Ford and I picked it for the poll.

I dig this one too. The only thing that sucks about it is you can't add downforce. This car would kick ass in rallies but the lack of downforce limits its abilities.

Parnelli Bone
I dig this one too. The only thing that sucks about it is you can't add downforce. This car would kick ass in rallies but the lack of downforce limits its abilities.
It is awesome with the Downforce Sharked in, The car is practically unbelievable afterwards!

HYBRIDLVR
It is awesome with the Downforce Sharked in, The car is practically unbelievable afterwards!

That's always been my feeling, too...the RS200 is rarely discussed by the likes of us because ultimately we can't utilize its full potential in some of those tougher races. It was my first GT2 cheat car. :) I remember I bought it early on within the first month or so after I got GT2 and started smoking some AI. But later on when I was trying to rally against the Lancer and stuff...

Last edited:
Toyota, of course!

I like Skylines too but i prefer it's rival... the Supra!

Indeed, the Supras are much more balanced than Skylines. Plus, the Tom's Supra in JGTC puts the Nismo Skyline, or any other Skyline, to shame.

Kooky
Toyota, of course!

Indeed, the Supras are much more balanced than Skylines. Plus, the Tom's Supra in JGTC puts the Nismo Skyline, or any other Skyline, to shame.

I must agree. Anyone can race a Skyline, but it takes guts to master a Supra.

Back