What's your favorite quickstart?

• Thread starter gkp00co
  • 4 comments
Here's something to try: what is the maximum amount of money (in prizes and sold prize cars) that you can amass in 5 races.

You start with the initial $10,000 and all licenses - including 'B'-gold (and the Spoon S2000 prize car). You can sell the car or not, but you may not start with more than the $20,000 total.
You should finish with at least $1,000,000 in cash.

Please share with us:
Which cars you used, which races you raced and which mods were installed for each race.

I made it to just over $1,000,000 in 5 races and had another $600,000+ in cars, so I'll start this off:

Race #1:
I sold the Spoon and bought a used Mazda Protogé GT-X, added a racing flywheel, a carbon fiber driveshaft, and a racing computer, and raced the Compact Car #2 (at Seattle Short) - winning $4,000 and a Renault Clio worth $5,595.

Race #2:
I sold the Clio, bought super soft tires, a sport muffler, and a #1 weight reduction, and raced the Muscle Car #2 (at Seattle Long) - winning $8,000 and a Shelby Cobra worth $75,000!

Race #3:
I sold the Cobra, fitted the Mazda with a #3 turbo, racing intercooler, racing transmission, custom suspension, sport brakes, racing muffler, and raced in the '80s Sports Car Cup #5 (at Tahiti Road) - winning $10,000 and a [R]Skyline R30 Silhouette worth $125,000.

Races #4 and 5:
Raced the Skyline at the GT All Stars #3 (at Red Rock) twice, winning a total of $100,000 and two TVR Speed 12s valued at $500,000 each.

After selling the two Speed 12s I had $1,113,176 in cash and two cars: a heavily modded Protogé worth a touch over $100,000 (but with a resale value of less than $2,000) and a Skyline race car worth $500,000 (but with a resale value of $125,000)

=========

The Mazda Protogé GT-X (known as the Familia in the Japanese version) is a forgiving handler (4WD). It sells for around $5,000 used (the prices vary), has 177 base HP, and it is a reasonable foundation upon which to build. The engine can be pumped up to 330HP and the car can be *very* competitive in most of the races that it can qualify for - for instance, I've won the Seattle Circuit Endurance race with it - a 591HP race - as well as the 4WD Challenge #3 - an unlimited HP race at Laguna Seca...

=========

So there it is. What is your favorite quickstart?

GKP

Sounds like a cool idea but, what about people that can't get gold on B?
HOw much is the the spoon worth when sold?
So can work with the new amount?

I think that you can skip race #2

try it

EDIT: I did the 80's last race with a spoon s2000 only a race muffler added, so you can do the RRV race 4 times and get 2 million cr.

Sounds like a cool idea but, what about people that can't get gold on B?
HOw much is the the spoon worth when sold?
So can work with the new amount?

1- you can do it if you try it's the easist lisence in the GT series, but if you can't then buy the supra '90 (2k-3k cr.)
2- 12k cr.
3- :confused: can't understand

ok since the spoon is worth 12k
you start with 10k
So if I just pick a junk car and race till i get 22k.
Then i can pick my actual car for the 5 race set
To find out what my total would be?

Originally posted by Gil
Assuming that you have just started the game and have at least the International A lisence. If you obtained it in 7-10 game days, and managed to obtain one of the prize cars...(The Spoon S2000 in particular).
Take the S-2000 to the Trial mountain Enduro. It will easily win. Now you have 100-150,000 Credits, and 8-11 elapsed game days.
You can either sell the Denso-Sard Supra for the 250,000 cr. and go shopping. Or, you can run the Supra in the GT-All Stars at Red Rock Valley. Sell the TVR Speed 12. That will add 550,000 to your bank, with 9-12 game days elapsed.
Now start hitting the dealers after each race till you find what you're looking for.
Yes, it's a slow process. But it is sure-fire, as eventually your cars will appear at the dealers.

Back