What's Your Favourite Car In Gran Turismo 3?

• Thread starter ScaniaR780
  • 10 comments
Northern Ireland
County Antrim
My first topic here and I thought it would be a great idea to ask what is your favourite car in Gran Turismo 3? It doesn't matter if its a racing car or a road car.

Mine is the Toyota GT-One Race Car '99 because its among the best cars in the game for speed and its great fun to drive in my opinion :).

I have a few favourites that I can remember from GT3. The Toyota GT-One was one of them.

But I think my very favourite was the Pennzoil Nismo GT-R. That or the Loctite Zexel GT-R. I certainly did the most mileage with those. Close in the running was the Corvette C5-R too.

Last edited:
CA149943-53A9-478C-BB03-E592C9DAEF19.jpeg

My favorite is the Mazda 787B Race Car for one it's fast. Also, because of it's smooth power band(especially with no turbo which it shouldn't have anyway because in real life it's not in any way capable of forced induction because the trumpet valve inlet system)compared to other cars of it's class as a result of the rotary torque curve makes it easier on tires for long races. Plus the real world history of the car and it's Le Mans victory not to mention the car sounds powerful and kinda real to life.

My other favorites are...

Ford GT40 Road Car.
Mazda RX-7 RZ.
Panoz Esperante GTR-1.
Toyota MR-S Autobacs APEX(GT300).
Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car.
Subaru Impreza Rally Car(Prototype).
Ford GT40(Gulf) 24 hour Le Mans Race Car.
Dodge Viper GTS-R Concept(S License Gold Prize)
etc...

Well I love a lot of the cars in this game.

Last edited:
The FTO LM is amazing! It's super fast! As far as I can tell the best PD invented LM cars in GT3 are RX-7 LM, S2000 LM, FTO LM, and Zonda LM(the fastest but eats tires faster as well and harder to handle)

I love Imprezas which is why it's too bad the Impreza LM seems to be the worst one and eats tires like a glutton.:(

The RX-7 LM is really fast in the right hands it can nearly match Zonda LM laptimes while still being easier on tires so it's my go to choice and it's a smidgen easier to handle than the Zonda but still one of the more tail happy LM cars. The FTO and S2000 are basically the most balanced of them all. I wish the Del Sol LM, Copperhead LM, and especially Cerbera LM were in this GT though.

EDIT: Why the heck did PD get the 1998 Panoz Esperante GTR-1's weight wrong! In real life it weighed 900kg and it was FAST it qualified as 11th fastest qualifier even beating some of the R390 GT1's and it performed equal with the R390's. PD seems to make "mistakes" with European and American cars in 'negative' way too much. It's irritating as hell I love Panoz Esperante they look great sound great and did well in racing albeit half of them had mechanical failures. The number 4 98 one however operated flawlessly and was fast making 7th place overall. I wonder if PD is actually racist towards white people because they most likely purposefully messed with non Japanese race cars. Somebody should point that out to Kaz in an interview and see what his racist excuses are hahaha. The Storm race car was messed with the Panoz was messed with the Delta Group B rally car specs were messed with why not mess with Japanese cars?

Does anyone know if racing games developed by white people handicap Japanese cars? I'd love to know. It's making it hard to respect and like GT and it's racist developers right now.

Last edited:
The FTO LM is amazing! It's super fast! As far as I can tell the best PD invented LM cars in GT3 are RX-7 LM, S2000 LM, FTO LM, and Zonda LM(the fastest but eats tires faster as well and harder to handle)

I love Imprezas which is why it's too bad the Impreza LM seems to be the worst one and eats tires like a glutton.:(

The RX-7 LM is really fast in the right hands it can nearly match Zonda LM laptimes while still being easier on tires so it's my go to choice and it's a smidgen easier to handle than the Zonda but still one of the more tail happy LM cars. The FTO and S2000 are basically the most balanced of them all. I wish the Del Sol LM, Copperhead LM, and especially Cerbera LM were in this GT though.

EDIT: Why the heck did PD get the 1998 Panoz Esperante GTR-1's weight wrong! In real life it weighed 900kg and it was FAST it qualified as 11th fastest qualifier even beating some of the R390 GT1's and it performed equal with the R390's. PD seems to make "mistakes" with European and American cars in 'negative' way too much. It's irritating as hell I love Panoz Esperante they look great sound great and did well in racing albeit half of them had mechanical failures. The number 4 98 one however operated flawlessly and was fast making 7th place overall. I wonder if PD is actually racist towards white people because they most likely purposefully messed with non Japanese race cars. Somebody should point that out to Kaz in an interview and see what his racist excuses are hahaha. The Storm race car was messed with the Panoz was messed with the Delta Group B rally car specs were messed with why not mess with Japanese cars?

Does anyone know if racing games developed by white people handicap Japanese cars? I'd love to know. It's making it hard to respect and like GT and it's racist developers right now.
Good point! I doubt they're racist, but they might just want to make Japanese cars look good (lol)

I have the PAL version but I'm going to either say the Toyota GT-One Race Car for it's speed, or the two Polyphony cars.
The 001 has better acceleration and handling but the 002 sounds and looks better and has a faster top speed.

Back