What's your favourite drift car at the moment?

• Thread starter Thomasss95
  • 43 comments
I recently discovered the SL 55 AMG. Figured I would mess around with it a bit before I attempted to tune it. Slapped an oil change, chassis rigidity, and some CH tires, then took it for a slide.... oh my :) Besides the transmission having a gaping hole between 2nd and 3rd gears big enough to slide the C63 through sideways, it's a pretty fun car right out of the box, so to speak.

Depends who you are. Everyone has their preferences.

Although true, I think the majority would agree the 1jz is better than than the 7m, all things considered.

My favourite at the moment would have to be my loyal chaser, finally getting it to the sweet spot tuning wise at the moment...

Although true, I think the majority would agree the 1jz is better than than the 7m, all things considered.

My favourite at the moment would have to be my loyal chaser, finally getting it to the sweet spot tuning wise at the moment...
true, I'm just biased because I own one also.
Also turns out that I can't drift fatties, so I've converted to the TVR V8S. Running a whole new tune and I'm loving it.

I HAVE STARTED MY FRIFT PROJECT FOR THE TOYOTA ALTEZZA '08 AND IT IS TRULY AMAZING. GOOD CAR FOR ALL.
:eek:

It is my only drift car ATM(started new game)

It is easy to throw into corners, being very small it is responsive to steering feedback and it is easy to get out of a drift.
b4s2.jpg

about
Waiting for breakfast...I'll bite...

Early favorites are:

Nissan Z33 - loved it in GT5, and I'm back for more :). It's very stable, and I'm loving how smooth and consistant the power delivery is. Has weird rear spring rates though.

BMW M5 - just bought one for the first time last night, took it for a spin, and I love it. Seems much more predictable than in GT5

Nissan S13 Silvia K's - first drift car I bought. Although I love this car because I love Silvia's, I haven't found a setup I'm satisfied with. This car always seems to be very unstable under acceleration. The turbo lag seems more noticeable than in GT5 as well.
about silvia setup:this works for any s13,s14,s15 silvia except varieta

so first upgrade car to round 300 hp,and suspensio tuning is alć what you need

ride height f-95 r-70
dampers- f-4 r-5 all of them
spiring rate f-7.95 r-4.5

and that is basicaly all what you need to do

hope i solve ur problem

My Impreza Wrx STI '09(hatchback) with nitrous. This thing drifts like a dream, and is more controllable than any other car I've ever drifted.

Edit: Once I learned how to tune, this thing is now useless. It turns like a boat compared to even my worst cars.

Last edited:
I'll get a pic soon, but I've changed my favourite to a tie between the old GTX (still need to figure out the damps and comp, my front tyres light up on low speed corners) and my S15. I'm hoping to own one or both of these cars IRL and love driving and drifting them. The S15 TC barely drifts though.

I am pretty curious what your favourite drift car is at the moment...
Feel free to post pics! :)

My favorite drift car's (not in particular order):
- Nissan Silvia S15
-Nissan Silvia Eighty
-Toyota Chaser
-Red Devil (Yes.. the good ol' American beast. It's fairly fun as long as you can handle it)

Togue (grip/drift):
-Toyota FT-1 (I find that due to the terrain elevation in Touge, I prefer to utilize a grip/drift vehicle that can hit the corners with just a right amount of grip and slide. I prefer this over full out Drifter in Touge style driving. I get the best of both worlds: grip and drifting.)

P.S. I have alot more drift cars availuable for drifting but I decided to just only mention the ones I enjoy the most (mix of my personal taste in cars/ performance). And shout out to Mr. Suspension for the awsome tunes in the past!

Back