Whats your opinion on the prologue?

• Thread starter Gsir8
  • 29 comments
Does it have good graphics, and how is control? Do you think it is a good demo for GT4 or will the full version be much better?

graphics are really good, controling is a lil different, not to much difference but its better, its bloody good for a demo and gt4 will be 1000 times better

It's a stupid, evil game writen by filthy monkies, and will give you a bad case of VD. So, STOP PLAYING IT!

Meh, I'm an American, and since somebody at PD hates us with a passion, we didn't get the game, along with the Concept games.

Solid Lifters
It's a stupid, evil game writen by filthy monkies, and will give you a bad case of VD. So, STOP PLAYING IT!

Meh, I'm an American, and since somebody at PD hates us with a passion, we didn't get the game, along with the Concept games.
People(including PD)hate America.....nuf said! :sly:

Prologue has great graphics but I think gt4 will have real amazing ones. Car control and physics is incredible, with the actual gt4 and a driving force pro wheel its going to be haven! Of course gt4 will be much much much better than anything we've ever seen. And honestly we wouldn't care less if Americans won't buy it.

Technically, the game is very good (except that there is still no damage :grumpy: ).
But there is too much marketing in it. It's definitely not worth the money it costs, it's just a demo (no career mode, one player only, five tracks only...)

I believe that prologue is worth the money entirely......it is a demo unlike any other!......it a proper game, not a demo......It is done well as is quite entertaining...I can understand that maybe now it looks dated but it is truely amazing!........think about it......if you hack everything out you can get.....

Loads of cars.....(including the hacked opponents)
Loads of tracks......(now you can play on capri, hong kong, nursnow, the ring, paris, las vegas........basically all of the prologue files!) + the ones you get as standard!
Loads of replays
Quite good game music
Licence tests
Bonus DVD......

and it feeds your GT4 hunger!

Now what demo gves you all this! 👍

Robin

flat-out
That's exactly what I call 'marketing'.

And what other demo is sold for 40 euros ?

Well this £17.50 demo has seen far more hours of use, than £34.99 Driver 3.
Definately a good investment.

GT4P is a TRULY GREAT Game and has kept me amused for months now. Just as a major finger work-out for the upcoming online shennanigans, it is more than worth the money. In fact, it has encouraged me to go back to GT3 and finally complete the remaining races that my previous lack of skill made impossible! I'll see about the GT3 licenses at some point soon as I have ALL bronze (Mea Culpa...) but as I have two golds left to complete in GT4P now (even more embarrising!!!), I'll be stuck on GT4P for the forseeable......

I was quite impressed by the improvement in the physics model between GT3 and GT4P. The graphics did the impossible and improved upon GT3. Sadly the AI still seems to be high on crack...:eek:

I'm an American, live in America, and have GT4P NTSC Korean, and GT4P PAL UK. I prefer to play the NTSC Korean version because the cars/display is proportional to the TV I play on. But the PAL version is great because of the hacked out extra tracks that awesome. I have over 10 tracks total to play on.

As far as "demos" go, this is above and beyond anything you would find on a demo-disc or something at the local gameshop.

I am excited most about learning all the new courses. I remember when I first played the new courses, I had trouble NOT hitting the walls and staying on course. Now, for the original tracks I can rail around like a pro. Quite the head start I might add, to the rest of the US competition hahaha!

~CYD

I think its a great game, but the AI are too easy to beat and I think I need a wheel, because its too hard to handle the cars with a DS2. Also, I don't think I ever got my bonus DVD, is it on the game disc? I put the disc in my DVD player and nothing happened and I put it in my computer and nothing happened again! DO I have to complete the game with all golds to get it?

Just been checking mine. The cover has a sticker saying "Includes BONUS DVD". Inside there are 2 disks. The first has the title "Prologue" and the second has the title "Making Of". Mine is a UK version.
Not much help I'm afraid. It sounds to me like you are missing a disk, unless it has been released in a different way in your part of the world.

Well, it only has one disk holding thing. Oh well, I might be able to download it off the net somewhere.

GT4P is a fantastic game, great graphics, great handling, and it is extremely welcome if you can't wait untill gt4 comes out. The AI is rubish, and the lessons are way to easy. (unless your going for all gold) It is worth the money.

code_kev
The bonus disc is crap, you aint missing anything.

I wouldn't say it was crap. There is nothing on it that you would rave about, but it does make you jealous of the guys at PD. "Oh and today, just drive a few super cars round this track for me." I'd quite like a boss like that :lol:

As for Prologue, I love it, the graphics aren't much better than GT3 (in fact after loading up GT3 for the first time in ages, imo the reflections and specular shine in GT3 look slightly better :crazy: could be wrong there) the AI does indeed suck more than a sucky thing having a suck competition with itself....but its a damm great game to play whilst waiting for GT4. Citta is gorgeous, and Grand Canyon plays better than rally tracks on GT3 (imo!) The handling with the DFPro is frikin lovely.

Yes den brakke passing all lessons is too easy, but thats why they have gold silver bronze ;) Some lessons are a nightmare to get gold in, but its worth it in bragging points alone :lol:

I really enjoy Prologue. I bought the Chinese version for cheap, and use the swap disk to boot it up. Since I'm a Dual Shock user, its all good.

I too enjoy the new physics and improved graphics. The replays are much better than the GT3 version. Some of the distant pan shots on the Grand Canyon track are breathtaking! I think the FF cars are much more enjoyable to drive and actually oversteer in some situations which is great.

Are all of the tracks "hackable" AND playable on the Chinese version? [Hong Kong, Paris, Capri????]

Back