Wheel Stands, Racing Rigs Cockpits, Pedals, Wheels. Master List

• Thread starter SGETI
  • 1,139 comments
I've now had my Playseat Challenge for a few days over five years, and with almost daily use and a long history of mods and add-ons, I thought I would share how it's stood the test of time and what's currently bolted onto it.

I'm going to get the Next Level Racing GT Lite which is very similar to that but its a bit bigger and the seat height is adjustable with it. At the moment I'm using a GT Omega wheel stand (Its now known as the wheelstand classic) with about five years but its starting to flex a lot more than it did when I got it new. I put a T300 on it a few days ago and the wobble is unreal even with all bolts tightened. I saw a review of the GT Lite foldable cockpit and it looks very dturdy compared to my wheelstand

Look for Karl Gosling on youtube. He compared the Playseat Challenge to the Next Level Racing GT Lite. He also reviewed both of them seperately.

Last edited:
guys, i got a t300, it has something like 4 months of life, but the throttle pedal started squeaking very loudly when pressing it. Is there any fix for it? Read about putting grease on the rotation axle and on contacting surfaces but im pretty sure that would void warranty, any solution without losing it?

guys, i got a t300, it has something like 4 months of life, but the throttle pedal started squeaking very loudly when pressing it. Is there any fix for it? Read about putting grease on the rotation axle and on contacting surfaces but im pretty sure that would void warranty, any solution without losing it?
Which Pedals did you get. Theres two packages that the T300 comes in. One with the standard two pedal set or the T300 with the T3PA pedals.

and what about warranty. can they tell if i unscrewed it?

Warranty or fix. If a warranty is a concern, send them back, 2-4 week process, problem solved.
Well, maybe not,,,, Who is to say the new replacement will not repeat the squeak in the future??
Many of us if not all of us have cleaned our pedals. Which means we have opened the pedals at our own risk.
Fix them or return, you decide.

I'm looking for a racing cockpit which is kinda the jack of all trades.
I want to be able to use it for racing, flight simming and regular gaming with keyboard and mouse

So I'd prefer that the system includes

- seat
- single monitor stand
- option to place a handbrake or shifter on the right side
- option to place a throttle and stick on each side
- option to use keyboard and mouse in a gaming session

I did some research and so far I came up with:

https://www.rseat-europe.com/RSeat-RS1-Simracing-Cockpit/rseat-rs1-black-simracing-cockpit
https://nextlevelracing.com/products/gttrack-flight-simulator/?lang=de

But I'm not sure that both products really provide the option to use mouse and keyboard in a regular position (as if you would sit at a desk) and not just some mounts to the sides of the seat.

Can anyone recommend these systems or some alternatives?

I have retired my Playseat Challenge after many years of flawless service. Replaced with a GT Omega Titan and ART monitor stand.

IMG_20210603_095353.jpg

IMG_20210603_095342.jpg

IMG_20210603_095334.jpg

Only thing left to figure out how to mount is my handbrake.

Last edited:
I'm looking for a racing cockpit which is kinda the jack of all trades.
I want to be able to use it for racing, flight simming and regular gaming with keyboard and mouse

So I'd prefer that the system includes

- seat
- single monitor stand
- option to place a handbrake or shifter on the right side
- option to place a throttle and stick on each side
- option to use keyboard and mouse in a gaming session

I did some research and so far I came up with:

https://www.rseat-europe.com/RSeat-RS1-Simracing-Cockpit/rseat-rs1-black-simracing-cockpit
https://nextlevelracing.com/products/gttrack-flight-simulator/?lang=de

But I'm not sure that both products really provide the option to use mouse and keyboard in a regular position (as if you would sit at a desk) and not just some mounts to the sides of the seat.

Can anyone recommend these systems or some alternatives?

I am kinda looking for a option for both racing and flying too.

Did you get any of these yet ?

And another update...
my rig has been moved to a separate room, I call it the pit box, and the new screen arrived today too.
quick update and setup for the picture. Will go more into detail with the settings tomorrow, all I wanna do now is getting out on the track again. It’s been a week!
30780f54-e1b4-45b6-9i8k6r.jpeg

54b9da7f-683f-4040-bpqkja.jpeg

I already figured out that I need a separate stand. will rebuild the SimLabs one I think.

And another update...
my rig has been moved to a separate room, I call it the pit box, and the new screen arrived today too.
quick update and setup for the picture. Will go more into detail with the settings tomorrow, all I wanna do now is getting out on the track again. It’s been a week!
30780f54-e1b4-45b6-9i8k6r.jpeg

54b9da7f-683f-4040-bpqkja.jpeg

I already figured out that I need a separate stand. will rebuild the SimLabs one I think.
What size is that screen? In fact what model?

What size is that screen? In fact what model?
Hey,
It’s the 2018 UE55NU8505, a 55“ curved screen.

All I wanted was a minimum of 49 inch, 100hz and some brightness around 5-600 cda for a small price. As I own the 2016 55KS9090 top model for 4 years now, I kinda had my ideas what the quality level should be around. Sure, an LG OLED is awesome, but for this purpose alone (the rig), I think I got a pretty good deal.

„By accident“ I found out this model even features VRR, wich could come handy, once Sony pushes the accompanying update on PS5.
Last night, and I did not know, I found an airplay feature too. Very nice discovery.

Last edited:
Can anyone help with recommendations?

Im looking to change from my Playseat Evolution.
Main requirements are just minimal flex ( especially with the pedals/wheel mount )
Good build quality.
Adjustability.
If possible the ability to mount a monitor.
Not extreme cost ( it its possible to get all of those features without that :lol: )

Thanks.

Can anyone help with recommendations?

Im looking to change from my Playseat Evolution.
Main requirements are just minimal flex ( especially with the pedals/wheel mount )
Good build quality.
Adjustability.
If possible the ability to mount a monitor.
Not extreme cost ( it its possible to get all of those features without that :lol: )

Thanks.
Have a look at the GTOmega ART cockpit

https://gtomega.eu/products/art-racing-cockpit

Theres a monitor stand for it too

https://gtomega.eu/products/art-simulator-monitor-stand

Last edited:
Thankyou :)

I like the look of it a lot tbh, the only thing I'm wary of is the only review on their site actually complains about pedal plate flexing :confused: which Is what I want to get away from on the Playseat :lol:
According to reviews of the cockpit that pedal plate has been fixed. Its earlier models had pedal flex. Also I am seeing 299 reviews of the cockpit on their website.

According to reviews of the cockpit that pedal plate has been fixed. Its earlier models had pedal flex. Also I am seeing 299 reviews of the cockpit on their website.

Thankyou! Thats a big help, I will revisit that rig then 👍

Hey,
It’s the 2018 UE55NU8505, a 55“ curved screen.

All I wanted was a minimum of 49 inch, 100hz and some brightness around 5-600 cda for a small price. As I own the 2016 55KS9090 top model for 4 years now, I kinda had my ideas what the quality level should be around. Sure, an LG OLED is awesome, but for this purpose alone (the rig), I think I got a pretty good deal.

„By accident“ I found out this model even features VRR, wich could come handy, once Sony pushes the accompanying update on PS5.
Last night, and I did not know, I found an airplay feature too. Very nice discovery.
I have a 50TU8000. What’s your impression about what size TV becomes too big for realism? For example, my 50” is as close to my DD1 as possible, in fact I’m considering the CSL DD for the reason to get my screen closer. Maybe the solution is to use a 55”. And curved? Well, even better. I’ve found that 55” and up (in size) is where 120Hz starts being offered. Even then, in the more pricey TVs.
Was pretty happy with screen distance for realism prior to the DD1 (below).
AE9F44DB-8890-4A65-95BA-98D884465CC1.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a 50TU8000. What’s your impression about what size TV becomes too big for realism? For example, my 50” is as close to my DD1 as possible, in fact I’m considering the CSL DD for the reason to get my screen closer. Maybe the solution is to use a 55”. And curved? Well, even better. I’ve found that 55” and up (in size) is where 120Hz starts being offered. Even then, in the more pricey TVs.
Was pretty happy with screen distance for realism prior to the DD1 (below).
View attachment 1015573
Hey Rob,
I was used to 55” from the living room, where the PS was located all those years. Always moved a comfortable armchair in front of the tv for gaming sessions, about 2 meter away.
When I drove cars in GT or PC in first person view, I moved the chair closer (or the rig). About 120cm was the distance during racing games.
The slightly curved screen is nothing compared to a triple setup, but it’s a tiny bit wrapped around you wich gives you a tiny bit more of Immersion (especially that close; about 89cm now and when playing in the dark).
1 week ago I had my first try for 2 weeks with a cheaper 50” model, wich I sold because of lack of brightness, and the difference isn’t that much. I’d say you don’t notice the 5” more in screen estate or the curved screen as much to justify an upgrade coming from 50”.
I was lucky to get this older model with a flaw to the bezel for cheap money. Most important was it had to be 100hz screen… this one even features VRR and airplay.
On your screen I can see you set up the cam super good and I don’t have that privilege on PS5. You have all the good stuff in sight like the mirrors and the dash. Just beautiful. I have to take what’s given by the game.
Edit: yes, most manufacturers start with 100hz at 55”. I would’ve gone 43” or 49” if the prize was right and they had more than 60hz.

Last edited:
2018 UE55NU8505, a 55“ curved screen
I'm a bit jealous. While some U.S. offerings have 120Hz and VRR, none have it combined with a curved display.
I'm always torn between going PC / VR or PS5 / PS5 worthy TV. I'd much rather to VR but I love the street cars that Gran Tursimo offers that no other sim offers.
TVs120HzVRR.JPG

I'm a bit jealous. While some U.S. offerings have 120Hz and VRR, none have it combined with a curved display.
I'm always torn between going PC / VR or PS5 / PS5 worthy TV. I'd much rather to VR but I love the street cars that Gran Tursimo offers that no other sim offers.
I’d have a look for older models. For example: The Samsung Q60T (newer version) is 60hz, the older Q60R is 100hz.
Check Amazon warehouse deals, that’s where I got mine from. One corner of the bezel is like broken a bit, it’s only cosmetic and can not be seen from the front. Plus you get the warranty. not sure if similar offers are available by other company’s.

If I had a PC I’d go 32” triple screen. VR is massive as well but I don’t like the sweaty part…

Thankyou :)

I like the look of it a lot tbh, the only thing I'm wary of is the only review on their site actually complains about pedal plate flexing :confused: which Is what I want to get away from on the Playseat :lol:
I have debated what to do cockpit wise for about the last two years. I had pretty much settled in my mind that I was going with the new GT Prime aluminum extrusion rig but it kept coming back to what would do the job I wanted and finally price.

In the end I just could not bring myself to pay 3 times the amount for a product that was way above my needs.
I had narrowed it down between the GT Omega Art cockpit and the GT Prime. The infinite adjustability of the Prime is attractive but realistically once I set the cockpit up it will remain in a fixed position as long as I own it so in the end as long as the cockpit can be set how I want it to begin with is all that matters really.
As far as if it needs any bracing square tubing should be easy to brace IF it really needs it. And I have no plans to use any wheelbase with over 8nm max ffb and I will not even be running that at maximum to suite what I like or any pedals stiffer than my v.3 set which in the load cell brake I only run med inserts not super stiff like some prefer.

But the biggest final deciding factor not associated with spending unneeded money was on the ART the way the top wheel plate and mount is designed which moves the wheel further back towards the seat and away from the plate downtubes design and gives you more foot, leg and knee clearance to get in and out of the rig was the actual difference that finalized my decision to go with the Art, get something that should work great and keep more cash in my bank account at the same time.

I think sometimes it is easy to get caught up in the hype of what is the "good stuff" and want that but just like in my case in all honesty the "good stuff" and the cost associated with the Prime cockpit would really be spending more for something that I never would have needed in my opinion.

I am happy with the decision to order the ART cockpit at about 1/3 of the primes cost.
Only you can really assess what you need, how much you want to invest and what you can feel happy with.

@PRO_TOO
In my quest to figure out if a 55 inch was good for me, I temporarily swapped out my sons 55” TV to see how it looked. In doing so, I dropped my relatively new Samsung 49NU8000, so my research had to escalate into an immediate procurement. I chose a 55”Hisense U8G which has every bell and whistle including 120Hz, VRR, Dolby Vision, etc., for a very decent price but no respectable curved options. Got it as close to my rig as possible and the FOV seems better. The calculator says FoV is 70 which is rumored to be what GTS is set. Hard to see in pics but my hand is resting on my seatback exactly the same in each pic.
5C6296CA-C9F0-439C-ABE7-67D3D8FE25E3.jpeg
1E643436-C259-4DD8-8969-A5A48CD70C30.jpeg

Last edited:
I picked up the new LG G1 55" this week its the only TV I could find that had multiple HDMI 2.1 inputs. It's been a blast even with my 15ft. HDMI 2.1 cable it seems to do well.

I don't think I want to invest in any motion hardware. I was looking at the symdeck, but I'd have to get rid of my N1, which I love. The thing I don't like about the symdeck cockpit is something I see on lots of other cockpits; you can't raise the wheelbase without moving it away from you : / The other motion hardware isn't console compatible that I'm aware of.

Jerome

I picked up the new LG G1 55" this week its the only TV I could find that had multiple HDMI 2.1 inputs. It's been a blast even with my 15ft. HDMI 2.1 cable it seems to do well.

I don't think I want to invest in any motion hardware. I was looking at the symdeck, but I'd have to get rid of my N1, which I love. The thing I don't like about the symdeck cockpit is something I see on lots of other cockpits; you can't raise the wheelbase without moving it away from you : / The other motion hardware isn't console compatible that I'm aware of.
Jerome
I’ve got the RSeat S1 and I like it for quick seat and pedal slider adjustability so others can try this sim world. However, it isn’t rigid for the wheel base even after welding an upright into the frame. So my next rig may not be very [quickly] adjustable but it will be extruded aluminum. There’s got to be compatibility with those? They can’t be the 90kg that my S1 is.

I’ve got the RSeat S1 and I like it for quick seat and pedal slider adjustability so others can try this sim world. However, it isn’t rigid for the wheel base even after welding an upright into the frame. So my next rig may not be very [quickly] adjustable but it will be extruded aluminum. There’s got to be compatibility with those? They can’t be the 90kg that my S1 is.

Those 80/20 rigs aren't too heavy and offer adjustability and there are kits for them too. I almost picked one up myself, but went for the more stylish Rseat. While it is heavy AF, the floor footprint is minimal and it slides easily on carpet too.

Jerome

Last edited:
Back