Wheels for GT4P

BreakerOhio
Do the older logitech wheels work with GT4 Prologue?
I own a Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel and the game defaults the wheel to play the game in 900 degree mode but I would like to try it in normal 180 degree mode. Toggling the wheel into the 180 degree mode doesn't help much. My question is for those that have used the original Logitech wheel or the driving force wheel, does the wheel play well like it does for GT3?

The older driving force wheel works fine with GT4Prologue (there's no big difference with GT3).

Isn't the 900 degree mode any good ? (I was planing to buy the new wheel just for that)

using the 900 degree is pretty difficult. Especially with your drifting. Its new and cool to be able to have 900 degrees, but I wanted to play in 180 degree mode and I don't know if its possible with my wheel.

BreakerOhio
using the 900 degree is pretty difficult. Especially with your drifting. Its new and cool to be able to have 900 degrees, but I wanted to play in 180 degree mode and I don't know if its possible with my wheel.

If you drive in real life the 900 degree mode is the most realistic and satisying.

Although the wheel will turn 900 degrees, you will only turn it this much if you screw up and get a tank slapper.

If you drive smoothly you should not need to turn the wheel anymore than half a turn left ot right. Only hairpins require a little more.

If you want to drift, a quick stab of the throttle and a very quick turn of the wheel should get the rear out, then just use the power to keep it there.

Practive and perservience are what is required.

JAGUAR
If you drive in real life the 900 degree mode is the most realistic and satisying.

Although the wheel will turn 900 degrees, you will only turn it this much if you screw up and get a tank slapper.

If you drive smoothly you should not need to turn the wheel anymore than half a turn left ot right. Only hairpins require a little more.

If you want to drift, a quick stab of the throttle and a very quick turn of the wheel should get the rear out, then just use the power to keep it there.

yes! for stock cars the 900° is the best solution! more realistic. racing cars don't take advantage of new 900° logitech wheel, but for a stock oriented game like GT is wondefull. :)

ra

CRX
The older driving force wheel works fine with GT4Prologue (there's no big difference with GT3).

Isn't the 900 degree mode any good ? (I was planing to buy the new wheel just for that)

using a normal logitech Driving Force, i think that GT4P force feedback is sensitive better than GT3 force feedback. more precise, in GT4P you can feel the road better.

ra

ra
yes! for stock cars the 900° is the best solution! more realistic. racing cars don't take advantage of new 900° logitech wheel, but for a stock oriented game like GT is wondefull. :)

ra

As you say, the racing cars have such sensitive steering, you need very little input, compred to stock road cars, to turn the car.

JAGUAR

I agree that its more realistic and satisfying. My style of driving is drift so I like to get my countersteer going but I'm finding it difficult to do with the 900 degree mode. Wondering if those that use the driving force are doing fine countersteering?

The thing is if I toggle the wheel to 180 degree mode, it just interprets my 180 lock to be the full 900 degree lock and doing that just locks up my wheel on the straights, I hope you can imagine this. In GT3 it didn't do this because it wasn't trying to simulate a 900 degree wheel, but in GT4P it does, and I would agree that it should because in real life you wouldn't turn your wheel like that. I want to know if those that own the older wheels notice this or isn't not present because they don't have 900 degrees.

i know this may sound dumb as ive already asked this before (to no reply) but my dad has a thrustmaster force feedback wheel (ferrari one) and GT4P dunt seem to accept it anyone have the same problem? sorry to be a pain but hes doing my head in, "GT4P is cr*p, it wont work with my wheel its a waste of time and cash wat a load of cr*p" please help me shut him up. :grumpy:

Latest Posts

Back