When are you planning to buy Xbox Series X and PS5?

• Thread starter GTxForza
  • 180 comments
Australia
Australia
Dear racing fans in Console & PC Gaming board

So when are you planning to buy an Xbox Series X and PS5?

For me, I will until the release of Forza Motorsport 8 and Gran Turismo 7.

For the Playstation 5, my plan is to either wait for Gran Turismo 7 or Holiday 2021, whichever comes first. Hopefully there is a black edition by them.

Xbox Series X is a tougher sell for me as the first year of exclusives are playable on an Xbox One, while future exclusives will be playable on a PC. With that said, I could be swayed by a Forza Horizon-themed special edition or slim model in future.

I'll get a PS5 once GT7 gets closer. As for a XSX? I don't see any point buying one since all the exclusives will also be on the PC and I game on my PC nearly 100% of the time.

I'd like to get them both as they launch, but something tells me they're going to be hard to get right away so I will get them sometime in the first year. I'm not in a rush to move on from the current gen, but I can't wait to play games like Halo Infinite and Horzion 2.

I was left disappointed last time around when the current consoles launched, so I think I’ll be waiting this one out. Might just switch to PC instead, GT7 is the only console exclusive that I’m interested in anyway.

I'll probably wait for a bundle deal or something before getting either of them, but I do plan on getting both at some point.

GT7 is most likely exclusive only on PS5, so I'll end up getting that one sooner or later. I'm going to see if my 2016-spec PC can handle FM8, but if not, I'll be getting Series X.

I plan to get the Xbox Series X for Forza Motorsport 8 once it launches with the console (or even early if it's cross-gen and releases hopefully on September 2020 or early October.

I will also get the PS5 when GT7 comes out, but that will be for awhile. Better to let PD finish the game via updates and get it later on a sale like I did with GTS.

No plans for at all for PS5 at the moment. Money's a factor, as is the Japanese company's FFB wheel licensing policy, & PD's ignorance of customer wants/needs etc...

I want to know if there will be a ps5 pro, and see also how reliable the new consoles are, and see if any newer revisions fix any early problems and/ or add usefull features like added connections etc.
And have affordable reliable additional storage available.
And that our wheels are compatible and what new wheels will be.

Plus wait that it be worth it for games and discounts have started on some of them.

For a while now I have been leaning more towards the Series X, as well as liking what I've heard so far from MS Sony won't say if the PS5 has full 1-4 backwards compatibility (very unlikely) so until they clear that up are they giving me a reason to stay?

I might also not buy in to this gen at all, just going to see what they deliver games wise as well as the full specs, comparisons, any reliability issues etc when both are finally out there.

Last edited:
I'll probably wait about a year or so and see how the SeX is doing, then trade in my Xbone X. I don't do *that* much with it to justify jumping in at launch, for the reason Joey mentioned above, but I do have a decent collection of 360 and original Xbox games and I'd like to see how much of an improvement the new console brings on top of how much improved those games already were to play on Xbone; and I do use it as my BD player (which is honestly the main reason I bought it after my PS3 blew up).

It be the SX for me as I'm tied in to GPU until July 2022, the kids make the most use out of it.

Don't know when I'll upgrade from the 1X, looking forward to see if it adds anything extra to PC2 or 3 if I get it.

However if they announce Automobilista 2 on the next gen then I'll go straight out & get it.

The fact that they've said that all existing equipment will work on the SX is a bonus as I can still use my Thrustmaster TX.

Not interested in any 1st party titles on either machine.

If Forza 8 is a launch title then I will probably go ahead and get Series X then. If it's not then I might wait 2 or 3 months after launch to get one.

Depends on the launch games and what's coming in the months after. But I'll probably buy a PS5 in the first half of 2021 (assuming launch at the end of this year).

I'll get the PS5 when there's something on it worth buying but big no to Xbox as it is totally not worth getting as I have a gaming PC and all the first party titles will be on PC.

I have a gaming PC so have no need for an Xbox. As for PS5 - once I see some tear downs and get a feel for the build quality and cooling solution, I'll jump in relatively soon. I'm sure supply is going to be a huge problem well into 2021 though - Covid-19 has had to have impacted supply lines.

yas
I am currently on one of the first release of PS4s and it is loud af.

Same, mine has started getting louder recently. Had a PS2 & PS3 fail before, waiting for the other shoe to drop...

:nervous:

Project CARS 3 turned out to be a PS4 game, so...I dunno. It's utterly indefinite, because GT7 is no hardware-seller all by itself for me, no matter how much it can redeem itself. I could be waiting until 2023, if it goes like the PS4.

And...(checks personal Notepad file)...there's literally nothing else on my list in the Playstation world, excluding multiplatform indies I won't be getting on the PS4 with its installation-choked hard drive.

Not anytime soon. Everything indicates those machines will be very expensive, and with our currency as it is, I don't even want to think about how much they'll cost over here.

Anyone else feel like the 8th gen consoles were kind of a lost generation? Never really picked up momentum in the way their predecessors did in terms of memorable games, and they weren't enough of a technological leap over them either. 9th gen is looking more promising. These triple A releases now take so much time to build...and I don't know if its always worth it.

In any case, I'm leaning towards getting a PS5, but probably not before GT7 launches. Kind of tired of T10/Playground phoning it in on the last few Forza titles, so I don't think I'm gonna head in the Xbox direction this time.

Probably day 1 if it is available and not too expensive.
Really depends on gt7 honestly, and the availability of decently priced hdmi 2.1 tv's.

VBR
No plans for at all for PS5 at the moment. Money's a factor, as is the Japanese company's FFB wheel licensing policy, & PD's ignorance of customer wants/needs etc...

Has it been confirmed that PS4 wheels won't be supported natively on PS5?

Has it been confirmed that PS4 wheels won't be supported natively on PS5?

Nothing has been confirmed about wheel support, which is one of the reasons why I have no plans to buy.

Back