• Porsche 935/78 Moby Dick
  • Porsche 962C Long tail
  • Porsche 962C Short tail
  • Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
  • Porsche Cayman GT4
  • Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport
  • Porsche Macan Turbo
  • Porsche Panamera Turbo
Now I am no Porsche nut, and I don't know what most of those cars look like, and whether they would fit into the categories PD has set with GTS, but after so many years of not having a Porsche Licence, and getting around that with RUF conversions, I expected a large list of cars like the above for GT Sport. Now maybe some will say that it was a bit much to expect a load of Porsches straight from the off, and I would maybe agree with that, if they had added more Porsches with each update, but they didn't. :( So did they get the full Porsche Licence or a limited one! Or are they just being lazy. ;)

All those Porsches are from the Assetto Corsa article here, which prompted me to write this.

I think PD decided to focus on filling the Gr. 1/3/4 classes and threw the GT3 RS in as a bonus. More or less in line with other manufacturers, even if the lack of a 918 is still very surprising.

Doesn‘t justify a new „I-want-this“- or „GTS-lacks-that“ thread tho :dunce:
Thanks for adding your opinion, :) but I think a discussion about the number of Porsches in the game when PD supposedly have a Licence for Porsches, but don't seem to be taking full advantage of it. Imho of course. ;) :)

Feel free not to contribute if you don't like the thread though. I do that all the time.

Last edited:
With how late Porsche became a thing in GT Sport I'm surprised there's even 4 Porsches. More are always welcome however.

I just took the list from Assetto Corsa as an example and to contrast how many Porsches that are in that game with, you would think, a Porsche Licence. :confused:

What's confusing for me in this haphazard thread, is that you take a list from one game as your expectations for what should have been seen in this game. However, as Daan above me just highlighted, no manufacture in this game has anywhere near that amount. So why should there be a similar number to AC for GTS?

Other than your logical reason of "just because", that is. So they have a license, great, the license is relatively new for all devs and it seems Kunos got on to talks with Porsche sooner, which is why they have more cars. Also PD seemed to have obtained the license later, and with the time it takes them to create cars along with whatever else they were doing at the time it stands to reason this is why the game has the amount it does. The License didn't just come to open use when PD started making this game, Porsche announced breaking ties with EA last year, thus giving you an idea of where it and other devs stand with the licensing.

Also AC was already released and running so it stands to reason that with the frequency of their updates and seemingly rendering cars more so than a game in development like GTS.

What's confusing for me in this haphazard thread, is that you take a list from one game as your expectations for what should have been seen in this game. However, as Daan above me just highlighted, no manufacture in this game has anywhere near that amount. So why should there be a similar number to AC for GTS?
I was pointing to the number of Porsches has rather than the types and relevance to GTS.

Other than your logical reason of "just because", that is. So they have a license, great, the license is relatively new for all devs and it seems Kunos got on to talks with Porsche sooner, which is why they have more cars. Also PD seemed to have obtained the license later, and with the time it takes them to create cars along with whatever else they were doing at the time it stands to reason this is why the game has the amount it does. The License didn't just come to open use when PD started making this game, Porsche announced breaking ties with EA last year, thus giving you an idea of where it and other devs stand with the licensing.

Also AC was already released and running so it stands to reason that with the frequency of their updates and seemingly rendering cars more so than a game in development like GTS.
I'm no developer, and so I don't know how long it takes to produce a car for the game, but if I was waiting so long for the Porsche licence to become available, I would be working on a number of cars to put in the game as soon as I could to take advantage of the deal, unless there was some reason I couldn't do that because of the nature of the agreement. And you never know, by asking here someone may actually know a valid reason for the low number of Porsches to start with, and the lack of additions. You never know. :)

I am surprised that there isn't more offerings from Porsche (road-going 718/boxter/cayman, 918, and then maybe a 356, Carrera GT, and/or early generation 911 in one of the post-launch car packs), but your list is insanely large. The list you've just made is like two or three times as long as the list of offerings currently available from Toyota, which I'm pretty sure is the most-represented brand at this point. Plus there's a lot of near-duplicates, which thus far PD has been largely avoiding, especially post launch (aside from the dual M6 GT3s and Gr. X vs. Gr. 1 VGT variants, the closest duplicates would probably be the R35 standard and Nismo counterparts, FT1/Supra, and SF-R/GR concept version). You list at least four versions of the road-going 718, and several very subtle versions of various race cars, most if not all of which would be completely unnecessary or even useless in the context of GT Sport. We don't even have a function/grouping for the older race cars added yet, and your list would probably add an extra two versions of the 919 to Gr. 1 - it would just be bloating the car list, and making a lot of redundant work that could be used to develop a far more diverse car list. I don't think we've seen any other brands as well represented (in terms of diversity and racing history) even in any of the past GT games - giant lists/car counts, yes, but comprehensive and rich collections like you've just listed? Never.

It's not that I don't want more Porsches, but your expectations seem incredibly out of touch with reality.

Last edited:
If thats a Forza list then its still not complete to a degree that I'm satisfied with.

I'm also feeling that treating Porsche as this holdover from EA isnt right. Porsche isnt special.

I was pointing to the number of Porsches has rather than the types and relevance to GTS.

I realize that the part you quoted literally shows that is the understanding most of us have here, and why we don't understand what you expected when, again no other brand has this amount of representation. And surely why should the newest brand that was probably the last set of cars added.

I'm no developer, and so I don't know how long it takes to produce a car for the game, but if I was waiting so long for the Porsche licence to become available, I would be working on a number of cars to put in the game as soon as I could to take advantage of the deal, unless there was some reason I couldn't do that because of the nature of the agreement. And you never know, by asking here someone may actually know a valid reason for the low number of Porsches to start with, and the lack of additions. You never know. :)

Luckily you don't have to be, this website has quite a bit of info on PD. Why would PD be allocating resources to one, finding the car in real life to replicate, then two, hoping that they could actually use said replicated cars without violating IP or other things. Finally, three, to be told they can't use them yet again if Porsche hadn't ended their deal with EA. So essentially they had from January of 2017 onward to develop cars and get them into the game. Since six months has for some time been the claimed standard it takes them to get a single car done it would stand to reason that with in a 10 month span this is the best they could do while working on other cars, tracks, features.

Last edited:
Or are they just being lazy.

There will never be enough content created to satisfy all of you.
It takes an incredible amount of effort to create just one car, I know all too well, as I'm currently trying to build a mod.

3D laser scans then data processing, generating point clouds, then more data processing, more point clouds that all converts into a high detailed mesh similiar to this.
gallery-1478196916-audi90-scan.jpg

Everything has to be accurate to the millimetre, and this is just your clay outline not including the really challenging bits like physics, aero, brake parameters and tire models.
Then on to creating skins, and hours of optimization and testing it's daunting.

Try spending a few hours in rFactor 2 Dev mode then come back appreciating what we have in any sim currently.

This is why you dont hype up the licence there has been times where PD barely used its licences properly. AC has a nice Porsche list and same for PC2.

They could add the new GT3 R '19 and the new 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport '19

Why should they add old Porsche models?

Because there's a massive back catalogue of amazing cars? Why wouldn't you want old Porsche models?

Anyway, it's PD, they rarely introduce a new marque into a game with a ton of new models. Ferrari in GT5/6 had quite a few but so, so many missing. PD's car choice is terrible IMO, always has been.

Because there's a massive back catalogue of amazing cars? Why wouldn't you want old Porsche models?

Yes, they could bring some of the old porsche race cars, but i prefer the gr. 3 or gr. 4 class in GT Sport. So i like more the newer stuff or upcomin stuff.

Once I saw the garage Scape of the Gr.3 Lancer and parked in front, is a Manthey sponsored trailer, I expected Porsche. I hoped for classic Porsches, but only seeing cars later than '09 in the car list, I'm fine with what we're given.

Back